😠 The Little Annoyances Of Everyday Life

Once you’ve got the full blown cold you’re not contagious. You’re normally contagious a couple of days before the full symptoms show.

Was in the slow lane on the M6 the other day and this idiot on the slip lane was having a go at me because there was nowhere for him to go, he didn’t want to slow down to pull in behind me despite the fact that he is changing lanes and has to give way!

2 Likes

We came close to buying a ski apartment some years back with the view of renting it out to cover the annual running costs when we weren’t using it.

the idea was immensely popular with family and friends who naturally assumed that they would be able to go for a week gratis.

when I pointed out that by subsidising their holiday, I would lose out on rental income thus rendering the whole project uneconomic for me, they got really sniffy and in one case the word “selfish” was used.

as a result I shit canned the idea, which I kinda regret, but I know that I have saved myself a lot of aggro

3 Likes

When I moved abroad in 2001 to the UAE. Everybody was invited to visit, PIck up from the Airport and free lodgings.

But the airfairs are so expensive and so long. so the relatives went on package holidays cheaper flights then cost of hotels / villas then food and they ended up paying more. And had the gall to moan about it.

2 Likes

I had to put a shirt on yesterday just sitting at home outside.

This global warming is shite

the mrs even turned the AC off for probably the first time in a year.

1 Like

The Mrs and sons wants to go back and visit the UK ok not a problem.

“We will organise it for the beginning of August.” She says.

”you will not, when the football season is on. So end of August beginning of September” is my responce.

”you dont care about your family only that bloody football team” is her responce

Meh she may be right.

5 Likes

Sounds like you need to use the “but you can meet my friends” line.

Then book @goatboy and his Van

2 Likes

My first manager was a season ticket holder in the Kop and would follow them home and away. Hos long suffering wife also accused him of loving the club more than her.

His response was, " Well let me put it this way, one of you comes a close second"

2 Likes

Not being able to find anything with the search button on this site

1 Like

Agreed.

2 Likes

Knowing that the last shit caused the blood pressure to rise which caused the embulism in your mother to kill her.

Knowing your younger brother died from the same thing but under different circumstances.

Sitting on the toilet trying to squeeze a shit out thinking “fuck this could kill me”

4 Likes

More curry, more fibre, more prunes

1 Like

I would like to but sitting on airplanes and Helicopters with no toilet facilities it’s not an option.

More buckets

1 Like

Well hopefully you’re getting medication that will thin your blood somewhat. My dad died in the street in Shirley with an embolism. Killed as much by a negligent GP, (who ignored his symptoms) as the blood clot…cheated out of several good and active years of life. :lou_sad:

1 Like

Doctors said after my mothers demise it was just life when my father pointed out the same thing had hit two of his children and his wife they looked further into it, aledgedly.

All they did was say the children and subsequent grandchildren should get MRI’s which actually prove bugger all.

The thing is @lifeintheslowlane they cant find anything. thinning the blood is what garlic and red wine isfor.

Yeah…uncharacteristic breathlessness is a warning. Best you can do is keep dosing with red wine and garlic.

1 Like

Thank you @lifeintheslowlane that is the best advice so far and will continue to follow it.

1 Like

In Currys trying to get a refund on a broken telly and all the Team Know Hiw desk jockeys are on the phone to the Team Know How help line!

Maybe they’re really Team DontKnowHow!

1 Like