The greatest exponent of...the electric guitar

Albert Lee is all right… but everyon knows Ralph Maccionne is the best - he beat the devil FFS

Albert Lee is all right… but everyon knows Ralph Maccionne is the best - he beat the devil FFS

1 Like

Originally posted by @areloa-grandee

Ha…yeah that was a fun movie. :lou_lol:

No thread about guitar players could be complete without the genius of Glen Campbell . Even at 70 odd and starting to fall ill he’s still a fucking great player .

1 Like

This is great . Chuck teaching Keith Richards the guitar part to one of his classics.Keith looks like he wants to knock him out by the end.

1 Like

Funny that.

Though anyone who either wants to teach Keith Richards guitar, or spent a day working for Chuck Berry, is asking for trouble.

I saw Chuck once on his 65h birthday tour. He played a fantastic set for about 45 mins but didn’t do an encore. The lights just came on and he just fucked off after his last song , only concert I’ve ever been to where the artist hasn’t done an encore.

Back in the mid '60s when I stated going to gigs an encore was the exception rather than the rule…Chuck is from that generation.

Saw him on teh same tour I think , early 90’s at the Nottingham playhouse. I was used to heavy concerts and was amazed thatthe audience sat down and ate jelly babies throughout. Played a decent length set and ended with Johnny B Goode, which was still bloody great. It was one of those moments I though ’ I’m going to be able to say I saw him ’ as he was looking pretty crock.

Yeah about '92 I think

The problem with him , apart from being a miserable sod, is he’s too tight to hire decent musicians to play with . I belive he uses local bands a lot. Seen a lot of older guys Johhny Cash, Paul Simon, Ringo & they all rely on a great band backing them , Ringo had Edgar Winter & Rick Derringer 3 years ago ffs . The Richards clip I posted is from a documentary where Keith got some greats to play with chuck & the results were amazing .

So tough to choose just one - several in this alone:

Steve Vai or Joe Satriani are probably top of my list for living ones with Hendrix still top overall.

1 Like

Wow MB - will sit back and give that a listen later on.

Joe Satriani is insanely good, saw him play this live once

After all these months I still can’t choose my favourite

Joe “let’s play a load of chords really quickly” Satriani