The Djuricic Off-Topic Thread

papster, can we ban word-puns on papsweb?

Leaving aside the ā€™ comedyā€™, howā€™s fatherhood treating you, Toke?

Itā€™s hell bletch, sometimes he crys so loudly I have to turn the TV right up. I am here in the day time, tired out of my mind, trying to run a business while googling funny latin phrases to support papsweb.

I am also trying to get Celtic to win the league on football manager. Itā€™s a full time job.

Howā€™s life as a grandad?

All good, nothing bad thanks son.

I knew youā€™d be a natural Dad.

Ha. Far more Scottish than that B!

2 Likes

Youā€™re kidding, right? I was aiming for them to be the glue that held this site together.

1 Like

:astonished: Have you been out in the sun too long today, Bletch?

1 Like

Not v.funny or anything, but I thought this gives interesting insight into how football contract negotiations are conducted. I was interested in the back and forth, and how bros have to argue one thing, and then the complete opposite. That is a thing i was interested in.

Ayre: Good morning.

Ward: Good morning.

Ward: Well, go on then.

Ayre: I beg your pardon?

Ward: You called me in. Lets have it.

Ayre: Oh, Iā€™m so sorry. Whatever did I want to see you about? I canā€™t recall.

Ward: I represent Raheem.

Ayre: Raheem? Raheemā€¦ No, sorry. Drawing a blank. Is he one of the cleaning staff?

Ward: Heā€™s a player. Raheem Sterling.

Ayre: We have so many players now, you know, itā€™s difficult to keep track. Youth squad is he?

Ward: Heā€™s got more than 100 starts for the first team, and 14 for England.

Ayre: Oh well, weā€™ve got such injury problems, you know. We play a lot of fringe players lately. And England, well they call up virtually anybody. Wouldnā€™t surprise me if Jamie Vardy got a call up!

Ward: Whatever. Raheem wants a new contract.

Ayre: Ok ok. Let me have a look. Oh, here we are. Raheem Sterling. Inconsistent performer. Questionable social life. Not highly rated by our coaching staff, Iā€™m afraid.

Ward: Your manager called him the best young player in Europe!

Ayre: Oh, thatā€™s just Brendan. You canā€™t listen to what he says. Itā€™s mostly just for effect. Listen, how about this, I donā€™t wish to be unkind, letā€™s extend the ladā€™s contract by a few years, give him a chance to turn it around. A small cut in wages, would easily compensate.

Ward: Completely unnacceptable!

Ayre: Youā€™re not serious? You wouldnā€™t really turn down a contract extension with Liverpool, would you? We won the European Cup in the 80s!

Ward: Youā€™re wasting my time. Raheem Sterling ought to be the best paid player at the club.

Ayre: What, more than Stevie G? You canā€™t be serious. Heā€™s already getting ā€“ let me check - Ā£35k a week! Thatā€™s awfully good cheddar, for a fringe player of his age, with inconsistent form and a questionable social life. Be reasonable. How about I slip him an extra Ā£10k. Make it Ā£45k per week. Youā€™re robbing me blind, but I donā€™t mind. Iā€™ve always liked you. Just remember you owe me one.

Ward: We can get twice that elsewhere. 3 times even.

Ayre: I doubt that, I really do. And as you said yourself, at least here heā€™s getting starts, who knows what would happen at another club. We rate Raheem very highly. Important player, for us. He might not be so lucky elsewhere, could be a real backwards step.

Ward: You said heā€™s a fringe player! You said heā€™s ā€œnot highly rated by the coaching staff.ā€

Ayre: Well no, not now. But we play him all the same, do you see? Heā€™s one of the Liverpool family. You donā€™t turn your back on your family.

Ward: For Ā£200k per week, you might.

Ayre: Ā£200k! Not a chance. Ā£100k. Best I can do. Take it or leave it.

Ward: Iā€™ll leave it. Iā€™ll go and tell Man City they make a bid. Ā£2m should do it, for a fringe player.

Ayre: Ā£2m! For the best young player in Europe? I donā€™t think so!

Ward: Heā€™s not that good, honestly. Inconsistent form, you see. Also, youā€™re right about his social life. Very questionable. I could tell you some stories! Honestly, youā€™re better off rid of him. I can probably talk them up a bit though. Ā£5m maybe? Itā€™ll be a real effort, but I donā€™t mind. Iā€™ve always liked you.

Ayre: I wouldnā€™t sell him for five times that! 10 times even! Heā€™s got 14 England caps!

Ward: Pfft. Anyone can get England caps. Look at Tom Cleverley.

Ayre: Youā€™re making a mistake. The lad Sterling, heā€™s far better off here. Even Carragher said so.

Ward: Carragherā€™s a knob.

Ayre: Well, yes. I have to concede that. But still, come on. Ā£150k. Per week. Final offer.

Ward: Get stuffed. I wouldnā€™t even sign for Ā£800k. Iā€™ll get you a Ā£20m transfer fee though. Final offer.

Ayre: Get stuffed. I wouldnā€™t even sell for Ā£50m.

Ward: Well, thatā€™s that then. Good morning.

Ward: Good morning.

4 Likes

Originally posted by @saintbletch

That really is shocking. The kidsā€™ heads are far too big for their bodies. Dreadful.

https://vine.co/v/euphjFBVt30

1 Like

Just got this from Toke via PM.

https://vine.co/v/emJum0FzpMg

Good beat Gay Boot.

No children were hurt in the making of this Vineā€¦

https://vine.co/v/eZIKD3aPv1m

I see bearsy and turkish (with his allardyce mask) are enjoying themselves at the footie, bless em

https://vine.co/v/OqMMEzIaYW3

2 Likes