šŸ‡ØšŸ‡³ The Chinese Are Coming

Nope, I have my concerns aswell SoS. Iā€™m quite happy the way things are to be honest but it looks like itā€™s going to happen.

Iā€™m not going to start panicking until we know a bit more about them. Surely all chinese companies canā€™t be bad news. I just canā€™t see how it would benefit anyone to spend Ā£200 million on an upwardly mobile club then set about dismantling it, thoā€™ like I said I know little about international commerce.

My biggest fear is that theyā€™ll wanā€™t to get too hands on with the day to day running of the football side of things to the extent that LR and coā€™s positions become untenable. Iā€™d be worried if we lost Reed.

Weā€™re just going to have to wait and see.

2 Likes

Bear?

How did you get hold of the SISU business plan?

Very reasonable Steve. As you say, letā€™s hope they donā€™t want to stick their noses into the day to day running of the football side.

I would like to hear their reasons for wanting to buy the club and their development plans for both the club and the surrounding area. Letā€™s hope my fears are unfounded.

1 Like

At least we already play in red.

5 Likes

Ah, but have they bought The Club or a piece of it orā€¦

What makes sense would be a stake not all of us tied to a new 5 year plan to develop all aspects of the club & our surroundings.

There are 100ā€™s of millions to be made in property development of the whole area IF someone (& the Council) have vision.

Tbd anything is better than a gravel yard for most of the population

1 Like

More unanswered questions.

Part ownership would sit easier with me.

Itā€™s the amount of money to be made by developing the area that scares me(club could just be the way in). Heard about a possible link with the council(on here?), this would settle my fears somewhat. Anyone got any solid info?

Poor unloved aggregate merchants.

Iā€™d like to think that a group like Lander see the strength of the current set up and recognise the need for continuity to grow their investment.

Despite our good fortune with the Liebherrs, Iā€™d be more worried about a lone billionaire option.

There is always the danger that the one man knows best about everything, and before you know it he is sat next to the manager offering tips.

Letā€™s hope they recognise that we are big enough and strong enough as a business to just need their gentle guidance rather than wholesale change.

3 Likes

The council have a Vision video for the area. In it they mention or more precisly hint that they do have a partner to help address the multiple ownership and contamination issues in the area.

This is the thing though, all we know is the little snippets and rumours weā€™ve been getting from various media outlets and ā€¦ well, weā€™ve got a whole thread dedicated to the media and adgendaā€™s !!

There has been absolutely zero comments from anyone in the club about any of this and it will stay like that until a deal is signed and completed. Thatā€™s how we do our business. For that reason, itā€™s natural that the chinese will also remain tight lipped about their plans for the future of the club.

Until the inkā€™s dried on the contract, weā€™ll hear nothing. Until then we can only speculate.

1 Like

I think weā€™ve been spoiled a bit by the Liebherr ownership - I never thought theyā€™d be in charge for 20 or 30 years but I was hoping they wouldnā€™t be looking to sell up at this point. The next few years are really crucial and it would be nice to have more stability around the club, but hopefully a minority shareholder deal could provide that to some degree.

If Lander are going to continue the work that the Liebherrs have done in terms of ensuring the club has a really strong financial spine and will go further in terms of developing the area around the land, bankrolling a few big purchases for the team, stretching the wage structure a bit etc. then we could be in for some fantastic times ahead.

The really key thing for me is that theyā€™re interested in the club for more than the lucrative market aspect of ownership, the thing that makes me feel most comfortable about the Liebherr ownership is that thereā€™s a real feeling of care and sentimentality towards the club and how itā€™s run, rather than it just being treated as a business venture.

Still, West Brom are doing pretty well early on under their new Asian owners which gives me enough optimism that this could potentially be a really good thing for us. Weā€™ll have to wait and see!

2 Likes

You gotta worry for the future of Res Leed under new Chinese owners.

Why ?

Loosh

1 Like

IF you subscribe to the legend that Andrew Cowen had a genius business plan in his desk drawer that was found by a Swiss financial advisor then a small nudge can take you on to the concept that research had been done into ownership of the Industrial estate, aggregate dock & regulations & options for contaminated land.

Equally if you got that principle then the idea of having Political support, transport & infrastructure ideas is not far fetched.

Assuming that a sale of the club was looked at before Admin, it would equally make sense that putting all this together would make a dream mega project for certain investors OTHER than the usual dodgy briefcase crew.

Now IF you ran the club AND knew that upside of income may exist in the future, an aggressive CEO may overspend & run up debt in a rush to get the centre piece back to the EPL.

IF ONLY somebody could find a mega scale Property based partner.

Or you can believe none of that is on a 10+ year old PowerPoint.

Which is the joy of Forums nothing can be proven just ideas and opinions & analysis leading to wrong conclusionsā€¦

Whatever else, the partner will be careful due to fluctuations & a probably crash of the Ā£ in these Brexit days

2 Likes

The Pound is heading north of the Dollar due to Trump

Who mentioned crashing against the DOLLAR?

:wink:

Who mentioned crashing against the DOLLAR?

:wink:

Well As I get paid in Dollars I used that so at present bad for me If I want to send money home.

1 Like

Loosh ? ā€¦ sorry Phil, not familiar with the word

1 Like

Thank fuck, @steveintheforest thought it was just me_ā€¦_

:lou_lol:

1 Like