Taking Liberties with Matchday Threads

Same but not just nervous, more like shitting myself with fear.

Yep, feel the tension and I’m +9:30 hours GMT!

The Marriott should not be allowed to host sporting teams after their shenannigans today :lou_angry: but as @dubai_phil said, team talk, lap

Hold fast chaps.

2 Likes

Feck me, 8.5 hours to go (or thereabouts before anyone gets super pedantic).

I am more nervous than when I knew I was to get my first shag…

And how’d that turn out BT?

I was fantastic :lou_eyes_to_sky:

2 Likes

Yeah but did it end with you going down?

6 Likes

Mrs D_P is helping out a client we met in Poland at a Beauty Exhibition here this week. She is accompanying me to the Black Tie Awards gig tonight. The girls on the Stand decided to “give her a make over” so she comes home thinking she is all glam ready to posh frock and I say.

OMG that’s amazing! I can’t believe you’ve gone and put Red & White Stripes in your hair in solidarity with the lads tonight.

Ouch. That’s knocked a late trip to the karaoke after party out the window unless I want to sing Communards songs.

(Apparently they are “pink tinged” highlights to match her earrings and handbag ensemble, how was a man to know that…?)

And clearly there will be no going down in this household this week

1 Like

So it really is a massive game tonight history could be made.

No not us ffs, over in France.

PSG take on a Village Pub Team from some Sunday League or something in the French version of Le Coup de FA.

20:05 kick off for those of you who prefer to watch something rather than cower behind the sofa.

Tuesday sees arguably the greatest mismatch of any cup final in football history.

At the Stade de France, Ligue 1 champions Paris St-Germain - one of the richest clubs on earth - face Les Herbiers, who are battling relegation from the third division, in the Coupe de France final.

To put it into a financial context, Les Herbiers’ entire annual budget of 2m euros (£1.77m) would pay the wages of PSG’s injured striker Neymar for 16 days.

This is a club who only reached the third tier Championnat National for the first time in 2015. If they are relegated this summer - a possibility with one game to go - they will be in the same division as Paris St-Germain’s reserve team next season.

Their opponents, PSG, have succeeded in 41 consecutive domestic cup games since 22 January 2014. Beat Les Herbiers and it will be the fourth consecutive season they have won both the French Cup and French League Cup.

I’m sure there’s a ‘staying up’ joke to be made too but I’m far too mature for stuff like that.

1 Like

For 2 minutes but then it was proud again!!

Forgetting the impending Scouse invasion on Sunday, this is why we don’t go to other pubs around town.

Describing tonight’s game as “Super Exciting” - Seriously? (They clearly haven’t watched Saints play for the past 18 months or so :lou_eyes_to_sky:

Is the referee’s wife a pom*ey fan?

Fk fk fk oh shit oh shit. Off to martial arts to find some zen. Fk fk fk shit piss fk.

Yes

Got side tracked by something shiny - it’s the sun so I’m told. I’ve only read about it so not sure if that’s true.

Anyway, remembered just in time

1:2 win for us - and T’Marriott mysteriously burns to the ground…

1 Like

Heading to pub. Been pissed all weekend so today was meant to be the start of a dry few days…yep that’s gonna work, right? :lou_facepalm_2:

2 Likes

Thought you were going to the game?

You can’ make this up motivationally

Sparky making them WALK to the Stadium!