🇸🇾 Syria

Such a shame, very nearly became a discussion.

I understand their desire and the geographical significance(or not, if their new missile system is as claimed) , but that doesn’t mean I know or follow the situation.

The last paragraph. Change your drone brain’s settings to impartial for a minute and look at the full time line of the (possibly not what’s claimed)poison attack. Then look at all the lies told, in the ever shifting sands of deceit our rulers live on. See, that games fucking easy(also pointless).

Were we not talking about 4 points. What’s happened to them all? Your claims on who’s the historically evil self serving nation(that’s us isn’t it) , that no one should trust and my point about EROI in a capitalist society when considering buying shit oil byproduct from a country run by a madman, i would like to hear more of.

I’m assuming my first point, about the inevitably of having to fend for myself, you have no issues with?

What proof do you have the British are lying?

You asked me for proof of Russian proof and I gave you Soviet proof in Afghanistan, possibly Laos as well.

You fallen back on yourself straight away.

Ask a question like this. Not in a jumbled fashion within a sentence.

Goodnight.

And the importance of the Mallaca Straits and Hormuz mentioned in your other post is?

Capitalist efficiency(protit only), constant needless growth and its subsequent massive energy dependency has never had any other possible mathematical outcome(simple arithmetic and an understanding of the word finite) than what we are facing now and this is just the start. So we will fight over the countries that have it and the countries that are of strategic importance in the distribution to the rich(villain) nations, until the cost of fighting is costlier than the reward(EROI remember).

The whole thing does blow a rather large hole in your America has loads of oil/gas argument. They know it’s bullshit, just look up the subsidies needed to stop it going bust.

Sorry, this thread is about some country that’s had years of illegal invasions isn’t it?

That will be North Korea then.

If you beef with the UK is our form of government and our soceity in general, I’m not sure you will find your uptopia in Asia. They all have have their issues

I didn’t want to ruin SOS opinion of Asia, most up totally up the arse of the US for fear of China and yep you guessed it the Straight of Mallaca and the South China Seas. idealism is all good but when its totally in the hopeful range it can be discounted very quickly.

Its exactly the same with Saints, people wanted to believe we’d be ok, I didn’t see any evidence of that and commented on it, the “GOD” believers shouted down the rational ones and they’re doing it over Russia, their beliefs on this Country override their thoughts and opinions on Russia.

Agenda driven thoughts, the probable facts are they dislike this Country and are deeply unhappy with it and have the enemy of my enemy is my friend mentality.

They’re in the right place for those feelings as if they went to the nations they so hold aloft they’d be strung up.

Influence, Iran hold a massive amount of influence in the World due that bit of water, why haven’t been invaded like the rest of them? They’re nearly nuclear? Sanctions? Maybe but quite possibly they nigh on impossible to invade, have a look.

Russia wants to expand its influence, Syria today and Syria has always said Lebanon is part of it, if Lebanon is part of Syria and Russia are alligned then all good as I am sure you know Lebanoon is by the water, also what does Lebanon look over?

I’m willing to reevaluate how untouched.

All countries have issues, but capitalism is a complete madness, that has only one possible end. There won’t ever be a utopia, so i won’t waste my time looking for it.

What we need is OASIS :lou_lol:

Snapple for me.

Don’t get in the real World and accept nation states will always look our for their own as will peoples of the same tribe, thats the reality, if capitalism has failed and there is certainly a case for that then religion has also too, start questioning that shit and you’ll may become a bit more even handed.

Watch the Aldous Huxley videos I posted and remember i said just yesterday, that you will never get humanity to act for the good of all, unless you can find a common enemy(aliens). Try to take note of others comments. It will help you be more even handed.

Here’s another.

Probably only vaguely related, but I really enjoyed this when I saw it a while back.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t the truth be somewhere inbetween the thoughts of Huxley and Orwell?

1 Like

Foolish goat…

1 Like

Just have to be Mr Sensible, don’t ya?

But yes, probably.

3 Likes

Normally the middle ground is the wisest.

2 Likes

Personally i believe we are much closer to Huxley. The work of people like Skinner has accelerated the process and governments and big businesses still throw billions at perfecting it.

I worry Orwells thinking is only applicable for situations where they haven’t perfected the more economic option. How fucked up are we when that’s my worry?

Back to Syria, has anyone seen/heard anything about a (fake?)news story from earlier today claiming the Americans have attacked again?

http://www.moonofalabama.org/2018/04/syria-who-holds-up-the-opcw-investigation-in-douma.html