Southampton vs Espanyol build up and match thread

Thanks for the summary Ottery!

1 Like

I didnā€™t see the game, how did Caulker perform? Out of interest :slight_smile:

Caulker with Fonte alongside and RK coaching will be a first class CB once againā€¦I like him in our sideā€¦STAR :smile:

1 Like

Somehow the incarnation of Ottery over here is more lucid than the SteveWeb version, must be something in the water!!

1 Like

Absolutely delighted with JRods return. He looks hungry for goals and is like a new signing. Happy days!

1 Like

I sat in my usual seat in the Northam - I know it was just a friendly but the whole feel of the place was SO different.

Iā€™ve never heard the sound of thousands of seats going up and down at the same time, and itā€™s more difficult to sing sat down.

I shouted at one point and a bloke looked round bewildered that someone would express an emotion out loud, I think he must be from the Chapel.

But at least I have had about 85mins sitting on my seat - enough to cover a whole season.

If anyone sat in the Northam for a change to savour the atmosphere, let me tell you, that was not it, come back for a cup game if you can.

1 Like

Great summary by Ottery. I would only add that JRodā€™s thunderous strike was superbly set up by an inch perfect pass from Tadic.

Oh, and there was some crazy (Italian?) guy in the Itchen who did more shouting than most of the rest of the stand put together. He even got a fair few rounds of applause for his efforts.

1 Like

Thoughts from the game.

JRod not ready to start a proper game.

Harry Reed isnt the ā€œnew Paul Scholesā€.

I hate sitting in the Itchen. I think there is less legroom than the Kingsland.

I hate going to matches sober. Thursday will be different.

I hadnā€™t been to a pre-season friendly since the last time Espanyol called.

If anyone sees me going to another, have me sectioned.

I think Dusan Tadic was as bored as I was.

2 Likes