:pl: :saintsfc: Southampton v Everton :evertonfc: (Live on :sky_logo:)

There is no reason why we can’t get something out of this, it would be the most Everton thing since Everton if we beat them 3-0.

3 Likes

I live relatively near there, you wouldn’t want to be near the old factory, its still there and just rubble, Thatchers Britain is right there, forgotten Britain in a nutshell.

Where is Barry, and what have you done with him?

4 Likes

Meh, the bogey team of the 1980s just at a time when they’re hitting their 1980s form.

1 Like

Rodriguez, Richarlison and Coleman out for Everton.

3 Likes

Poll added to the OP

Ancelotti also said that Everton’s Colombian playmaker James Rodriguez will miss Sunday’s trip to Southampton with an injury sustained in a challenge with Van Dijk in the opening stages of Saturday’s game at Goodison Park.

What goes around comes around eh Virgil…

4 Likes

We’re fucked Lawro has predicted a 2-0 home win
Because he is a Liverpool supporter no way was he going to forecast an Evertonian win.

Southampton v Everton (14:00 GMT)

Everton are still unbeaten but I have a feeling that run ends here.

Southampton are looking more like the side they were in the summer when they finished last season so strongly. Goals are not a problem for them with Danny Ings playing so well.

With Everton, they will have to do things a bit differently in attack while Richarlison is suspended and it is going to be interesting to see what Carlo Ancelotti does while he is out.

Lawro’s prediction: 2-0

Steve’s prediction: Because of my good friend [former Ocean Colour Scene bassist] Damon Minchella I have to say Everton will win this one, but they have started the season so well anyhow. 0-3

2 Likes

Aw shit.

At least I didnt dump him out my FPL Team

Ah. Could it be that Ancelotti made that announcement regarding Rodriguez not playing on Sunday,with the reference to the tackle by Van Dyke to try and take some heat off Pickford? Surely not!

4 Likes

Ralph Hasenhüttl has confirmed Southampton midfielder Stuart Armstrong is back in training and in contention to replace Theo Walcott, who is ineligible to face parent club Everton at St Mary’s.

Armstrong was forced to miss the thrilling 3-3 draw with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge last time out after testing positive for COVID-19 whilst on international duty with Scotland.

With Walcott unable to make his second home debut in Saints colours and Moussa Djenepo still sidelined by a hamstring problem, the boss is grateful for Armstrong’s return ahead of Sunday’s meeting with the Premier League leaders.

“He’s back and didn’t have a lot of symptoms – a little bit, yes, but he could immediately train hard with us and had no further issues, so he feels good,” Hasenhüttl said of Armstrong.

“It was disappointing because he was in perfect form and one of our most important players, so it shows how much we have to stick to our social distancing, because it’s not the virus itself that makes you struggle, it’s more the quarantine you have to take.

“We have seen a few examples before with the protocols where because somebody’s positive, a lot of people in your surrounding have to go in quarantine – this is the bigger problem for me.

“We know that we have a problem with Theo being out, because we are playing against Everton, and Moussa is still out with an injury, so we have a little bit of a problem on the 10 position, but Stuey has an opportunity, absolutely.

Elsewhere, youngster Will Smallbone (quad) is also out, while Hasenhüttl gave an update on summer signing Mohammed Salisu, who is still yet to make his debut for his new club.

“Sali is still building up to being part of the team,” he added. “He has been in team training this week, completely, but we have to be careful with him.

“There were some bigger issues we had with him and these issues will last a little bit longer, so we have to take care of him, but he is coming back.

“Maybe it takes one more week and then he is able to play, but we will give him all the time he needs to solve his issues.

“We knew it was not a short-term project. It is a long-term project, he is a good guy, and I’m sure that he will help us in the future.”

1 Like

Anyone offering odds this won’t be mentioned in the commentary today? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’m going a nuanced 2-2.

As it’s a home game then the 0-9 will be mentioned within 3 minutes 37 seconds, plus it is it’s birthday.

Away games tend to be more nuanced and mentions occur mainly around the 78 minute mark.

3 Likes

FFS.
To watch the game or the start of the Grand Prix…

Decisions in lockdown are so tough

:upside_down_face:

Grand Prix starts at 13:00, game starts at 14:00

1 Like

What? You mean F1 didnt put its clock back?

1 Like

OMG!
I got a right jab to the chin from official Saints Twitter!

3 Likes

SAINTS TEAM CONFIRMED :innocent:

Starting XI: McCarthy, Walker-Peters, Bednarek, Vestergaard, Bertrand, Ward-Prowse, Romeu, Armstrong, Redmond, Ings, Adams.

Subs: Forster, Stephens, Vokins, Diallo, Tella, Long, N’Lundulu.

James Rodriguez starts for Everton.

Pants

Romeu. Yellow card. 2 minutes.

4 Likes