Sotonians Referendum : Should downvoters be visible on posts?

You’re a snidey whopper, I’ll give you that.

I noticed that Bath Saint averages 5 upvotes per post, which is some impressive hit rate

5 Likes

i have upvote swdp for unnaccountably leaving me off the name + shame list, and because he is my favourite poster. If he could’ve found a way to also mug off tokyos, that would have been one of my favourite ever posts.

1 Like

You’d get more upvotes if you kept your ladyboy thread up to date

2 Likes

I agree and have upvoted you accordingly.

3 Likes

TBH I don’t really care because whenever I’m challenged about a downvote I always say, “I’m so sorry I was trying to upvote you and my fat pudgy little clumsy finger slipped and hit the downvote instead”.

According to statistics I’ve been clumsy 29 times. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

Originally posted by @lifeintheslowlane

TBH I don’t really care because whenever I’m challenged about a downvote I always say, “I’m so sorry I was trying to upvote you and my fat pudgy little clumsy finger slipped and hit the downvote instead”.

According to statistics I’ve been clumbsy 29 times. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Make a mistake once, its a lesson. Make a mistake twice, its a choice

Originally posted by @StickyWhiteDovePiss

The real problem on this site is not downvotes. It’s the league tables. Why isn’t there a table ranking the posters with more than 100 posts by points per post ratio? Why is it that the scattergun shit dump approaches of pap, fatso, rallyboy and bletch are the only ones worthy of recognition?

If you don’t downvote as much as you upvote you are a back slapper in my book.

Seems I have a lot of catching up to do, from my profile page :-

Votes cast

• 5899 total
  • 5801 upvotes
  • 98 downvotes

But then I love everyone here, some more than others, it’s just you lot that hate me…

3 Likes

You omitted an apostrophe there.

Twice.

We don’t hate you BBB, you just don’t do anything spectacular. Be controversial. Call someone a nonce (they won’t mind, don’t worry). Do something that is either very twattish, or very funny. It’s also very exciting to see the responses you get…

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Or they’re just a fuckwit

1 Like

I need to see more detail before making a decision.

1 Like

The no and yes positions are tied. Deadlock. This means no run off.

I’ll keep voting open until midnight to see if we can reach a decisive position.

30 votes cast

9 for Yes, but after the referendum.

6 for Yes, everything

15 yes votes in total

15 for no.

Too close to call. If the no side wins by 1 vote all the yes voters will whine incessantly, claiming that the site will implode.

I don’t know whether that’s a good enough turnout either.

3 Likes

Oh, ffs just leave it as it is.

1 Like

There’s only one way to settle this.

1 Like

With the info available in Paps revamped members profile page, with a bit of detective work it’s possible* to work out who downvoted you for a particular post anyway … or at least confirm/clear a suspect.

*not sure its always possible but the one time I tried, it was pretty easy

FFS just do it, so I can call the downvoting cunts cunts and exorcise the deep routed demons and find closure

Simple logic. You show up votes, you show down votes.

Bit dishonest otherwise.

Like the term “shy tory”.

Show it all.