:pl: :saints: Saints v Sheffield United :sheffieldunitedfc: (Live on Sky Sports Mix)

We’re stuffed…

Southampton v Sheff Utd

As I say, Klopp is my manager of the year - but Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder is not far back down the road.

Wilder has done brilliantly in the Blades’ first season back in the top flight, and there are some similarities in the way he has got his success because, like Klopp, several of his players have played under him for quite a while.

After working with them for more than a couple of seasons, he knows what they can do and, probably more importantly, he knows what they can’t do - as well as knowing what buttons to press to motivate them.

It’s Southampton I fancy here, though. They have put together a nice run of results and Danny Ings keeps getting goals - he will not want this season to end.

In contrast, I watched Sheffield United play Everton on Monday and I just could not see them scoring - they looked like they had hit the wall too.

Mind you, they have proved me wrong plenty of times already this season, so maybe they will do it again on the final day.

Lawro’s prediction: 2-0

James’ prediction: 2-2

Gonna lose then.
Ffs Lawro

Have faith lads…Lawro has to get at least one right a season.

Same team. No Pierre anywhere.

1 Like

Vestregaard in, Bednarek on the bench. Are we expecting Sheff Utd to heave a lot of long balls up the middle?

TBH I’d have Bednarek even if he were only 50% fit.

Shop window innit.

2 Likes

Yep but not for Gunn

I’m liking the new kit.

1 Like

Saints sporting their smart new kit…let’s hope it works as well as our previous Sash Strip. :lou_lol:

3 Likes

How can a Golden Boot be “silverware”?

2 Likes

@Fatso , move this to the pedantry thread pls.

2 Likes

Knackered after long day melting in van in sun now bloody name day BBQ at least I can get solent

How can it be fair that Vestergaard has to run towing an anchor behind him?

6 Likes

Good block by McCarthy though.

2 Likes

Fuck me. Sharp is an elderly midget yet brushed vestergaard off and sped past him. Shop window my arse

2 Likes

TBF Sharp is wearing Plimsoles which everybody knows makes you run faster.

1 Like

The shop window would have been faster

1 Like

Armstrong injured?