:pl: :saints: Saints v Aston Villa :astonvillafc: (Live on :sky_logo:)

Hahaha! More of that where it came from!

1 Like

Dean Smith being coy about Danny Ings

We had to shuffle the pack a little bit," Smith said, asked about the notable absentees in his side before the game.

"We’ve had some forced pull-outs as well, I won’t go into specifics but a few soft-tissue injuries and a couple of Covid related issues.

“We’ve had to adjust it somewhat.”

As of yet, it is unclear if Ings’ absence is explained by a soft-tissue injury or a Covid related concern

1 Like

Actually going to this one. The last premier league match I went to was Stoke at home where we lost one-nil to a poxy Peter Crouch header!!

Taking my 7 year old daughter too for her first ever match. She’s excited because she can cheer as loudly as she wants, whereas at home she can’t… Bless! I just hope she has something to cheer!

12 Likes
1 Like

And Broja is back in training. Could be back, I’d guess on the bench.

Well that’s 50% of your prediction wrong already…

2 Likes

Late poll added to the OP, match is tomorrow innit

Quote from the Villa manager’s press conference this morning :-

JJ (Jacob Ramsey) will be available. He trained yesterday and it wasn’t as bad an ankle sprain as we thought. He had a full training session yesterday, so he’s available for selection.“Morgan Sanson and Jaden Philogene-Bidace are back training with us. Danny Ings, Douglas Luiz and Bertrand Traore are still out. Ezri Konsa has had his appeal upheld, so he’ll be missing as well. “Morgan Sanson coming back is good for us. Whether he’s fit enough to start is something we’ll have to weigh up.

Not really. If he doesn’t start, it’s as good as being sent off before the kick off. Sort of premature ejection.

5 Likes

Ings not in England squad
JWP is
:rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

See Villa thread. He’s injured and hasn’t been picked anyway, since before the Euros.

Sounds like we offloaded at just the right time.

3 Likes

Were doomed were doomed

Southampton v Aston Villa (20:00 GMT)

Aston Villa are in a bit of a mess right now.

They have lost four league games in a row and Danny Ings, Douglas Luiz and Bertrand Traore are all still injured, on top of Ezri Konsa’s suspension after his red card against West Ham.

Southampton look in much better shape at the moment. After waiting a long time for their first win, they have taken seven points from their past three matches.

Saints moved above Villa into 14th place last weekend, following their win at Watford

This is the life of a Premier League manager - a month ago it was Saints boss Ralph Hasenhuttl who was feeling the heat, now it is Villa’s Dean Smith who is under pressure.

You have to hope that Villa are sensible about their situation, whatever happens on Saturday. Yes, they spent a lot of money over the summer, but new players take time to settle.

Lawro’s prediction: 2-0

Tav’s prediction: 2-1

Tav on Southampton’s season: Things are starting to click with our new players now. We’ve got a bit of competition in the full-back positions, which is good, plus Tino Livramento is unreal, and Armando Broja is doing great. I reckon we will finish in mid-table so safer than last season… oh and we are going to win the FA Cup.

Murray’s prediction: I usually disagree whenever Tav says Saints are definitely going to win, but this is a game where they should come out on top. 2-1

2 Likes

They think we can score 2 goals?
:face_with_head_bandage::mask:
Madness

1 Like

On like Donkey Kong. Solid win on a bogey night game for us. Why? No Bertrand or Vestegaard

The only Friday night game I remember us ever winning was Danny Wallace scoring against the dippers…

At
The
Dell

1 Like

History is only changed when you are not fearful of it

2 Likes

Beat Fulham 2-1 in 1968. Channon got both.

Full House. Gates locked before kick off. 9yo me got in by the kiddies turnstile. Dad didn’t. Despite protestations, I had to get let out and go home.

2 Likes

The night when the residents of Over Dell House (behind The Archers) treated the telly viewing nation to a spectacular light show at half time by flicking their light switches on and off.

A classic Saints moment for me.

3 Likes