Rise of the machines

I thought this would be expected of a sex robot?

1 Like

I wonder if they react to asprin? They both look like they have ā€œheadaches.ā€

Looking at the arms & legs of the one in pinkish she looks Biafran

If weā€™re all staying at home wearing a VR headset because the robots are doing our job, we wonā€™t need oil and gas.

Youā€™re fired!

1 Like

I had the time to read the article and check whether robots can take over my job. Looks highly unlikely at about 2%. Damn.

I may have to start a thread on finding a new job.

What is your VR set made out of bloody plastic.

I have been re-employed

2 Likes

Google cardboard, youā€™re re-fired :lou_is_a_flirt:

1 Like

Do people have a favourite robot? Iā€™d quite like my own bender (before you say anything grow up FFS) unit like on futurama, Box from loganā€™s run would be good for reducing the worldā€™s population I suppose but I wouldnā€™t like having one in my house. Johnny 5 would be pretty cool to have about the place, what about everyone else?

Metal Mickey

1 Like

Sacked twice in the same evening that is a record even for me.

but as all the electronicy bits of your VR headsets will need to be transported or built using some oil I have remarkably been rehired.

At a bonus rate as my skill set has been lost due to lack of apprenticeships.

Tweaky from Buck Rogers, he had some sass

1 Like

Put that on your CV youā€™ll be a shoe in for next west ham manager.

2 Likes

I would have to turn that down as I could never get past having Karen Brady as a boss and not remember her getting her tits out for the Sun / Star/ Mirror/ Possibly daily sport but that may be a bit late.

As an oldie approaching his twilight years I think AI is the wrong direction. If not the wrong direction at least it shouldnā€™t be the priority. The priority is recording and storing the human intellectā€¦the individualā€™s brain function. Storing it electronically frees up the individual finite timelineā€¦body wearing out, terminal illnessā€¦just download the brain function into a new automatanā€™s body.

Procreation is then no longer the imperitive, just recreation. Steralisation is compulsary rendering overpopulation a thing of the past.

Just hurry up and get this doneā€¦the clock is still ticking and Iā€™m getting no younger.

1 Like

I bet you already have the plastic hips.

but buggered if we are going to give you the rest of the body. :lou_lol:

1 Like

Orac, from Blakes 7. Oracā€™s the one at the front.

3 Likes

Or Anita from Humans. I think this would be Richard Herringā€™s top choice

Caliban (oops, sorry, Robbie the Robot) from Forbidden Planet

3 Likes

Nopeā€¦all running pretty well at the moment but Iā€™ve seen ultimately, even if you still have all your marbles itā€™s the body that lets you down. When mine starts to mis-fire I want a brand new one to move into.

1 Like

Glad to hear it @lifeintheslowlane

1 Like