RIP Lemmy

I would like to think that is not to far off the mark.

1 Like

Not sure you can be insensitive with Lemmy, he never indicated any fear of death, he challenged death every day with his lifestyle and may well have gone overboard at the end.

1 Like

Given the character, thought I was on okay ground. It was one of the first things that came up during a discussion with mama.

Still, considering the man used to be Jimi Hendrix’ roadie, one of the many rock stars in the 27 club, he did bloody well and never seemed to let up.

Not sure he was that flush toward the end of his life. He moved out to LA a few years ago; reports suggested that only had a small apartment. He didn’t give a fuck though; he was living in LA :slight_smile:

As a fan of The Nice and ELP in the 60s and 70s I remember a story that Keith Emerson told about him. Keith used to stab the keyboard with a knife (dont ask me why, Townshend said something at the time about destructive art so it could be a part of trashing your instruments thing) and Lemmy was one of their roadcrew. He said to Keith one day “If you are going to do it, do it properly” and gave Keith two Hitler Youth knives which he used for many years thereafter on stage.

I think there are a group of old (and many English) musos who live around the Santa Monica area. Keith Emerson is one. They often jam together in the local bars and Keith made reference a place called The Rainbow in his farewell to Lemmy.

I would of liked to have lived his life!

Without a doubt the loudest gig I have been too. I am sure I also worked a gig or two of Motorhead. I went to see Motorhead at the guildhall with a friend of mine. She had previously met him back stage another time and has a great picture of them. I’d share it if I knew how to share from Instagram.