Rio Olympics 2016

Burnell spoke very eloquently about the refereeng of the swim and while I don’t have full knowledge of the technical aspects, I have come across another sport where a lone fuckwit with a whistle can ruin the whole event, so I have sympathy with him.

4 Likes

#notasfamousascavendish

Balanced up from last night then.

Bronze for Tinker Gold for Smith

Penalties in a Swedish Womens footie game (again)

BBC, get your fucking act together.

Not only are you changing channels for no fucking reason, you have just missed the first proper cycling of the night to show us some tarts pissing about at a beach picnic - and you’ll pretend the race is live later when you bother to show it.

1 Like

Why are the crowds so shit at these Olympics? I appreciate the ghetto has been priced out but even the 100m final wasn’t sold out.

Sir, I hope you are not implying that beach volleyball is not worthy of a prime live spot on the BBC? The skill and athleticism alone makes it a joy to behold. Admittedly it could be improved by being moved to a later slot with no clothes being mandatory, but that’s another story…dammit!

3 Likes

Nooooooo oooooooh

No kit on? They wouldnt show it on any telly channel we could watcg - then we’d miss out on the Egyptian lass in her BurkinI.

1 Like

Cost of travel to Rio, plus hotel, excl ticket costs, £4k+

BBC. TV license £145.50,

No brainer…

:lou_wink:

And the rest.

To register as a volunteer (golf story so leave it there)

I had to have confirmed accommodation in paid 2 years in advance and the only hotels we could book were £400 a night

But also, back in 2012 the people wanted the games not just the Politicos and Developers. In “Emerging Markets” other $$$ factors can come into play.

Think Rio is bad? Wait for the World Cup in 2022…

Doubt you’ll see more than a few official tour groups there from the Powerhouse Nations.

Gold in the sailing

Or will be tomorrow in the women’s 470

Laura Trott 4th Gold :+1::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy: :lou_lol:

4 Likes

Originally posted by @Bucks

Laura Trott 4th Gold :+1::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy: :lou_lol:

our most dominant athlete(even better than her other half).

1 Like

Oh, she could dominate me any day!

She’s like 12 or something you sick fuck

I’ve changed my mind, after seeing Katy Marchant celebrating with her family…

Kenny lucky in not getting disqualified, ambiguous rules…

Jason Kenny, what a man!!! Calmness under pressure personified.

Class comment from Chris Boardman there when Laura was congratulating Jason

“She’s doing all the emotions for him, he’s looking at her asking what’s for tea!”

Jason Kenny just delivered the moment of the games - brilliant finish!

1 Like

Bed Wetting Prediction of the year award goes to…

French German and Aussies whinging about our cycle team - “questionable” performances apparently