Rio Olympics 2016

Originally posted by @areloa-grandee

Golf, Exciting? … :lou_surprised:

Goddammit even Gymnastics is exciting today!

Second Gold inside an hour for Whitlock & Smith gets Silver Crazy. 3 Gold for Team GB in that hour

Over to you lot for Tennis Cycling and running stuff

Medal Table

# Country Total
1 ![](upload://n74TJTpPD31w9bWq9itTdZ5873D.png) 25 18 20 63 View medals by sport for United States
2 ![](upload://zoGGIGfOS5Y3zM6ckm0kd9wLPa9.png) 13 15 7 35 View medals by sport for Great Britain & N. Ireland
3 ![](upload://6RQHEzFuzYjp32yzHNTotZYFYgC.png) 13 12 17 42 View medals by sport for China
4 ![](upload://lg7M2FppL4t1bJhD3x72j0NDMCl.png) 8 5 3 16 View medals by sport for Germany
5 ![](upload://sE9mPPrFuqu1FzfTg2d2hovYVAJ.png) 7 11 9 27 View medals by sport for Russia

We might not finish above China but are above them at the moment :lou_lol:

5 Likes

And another gold in sailing

4 Likes

And more gold in the cycling (plus a silver)

2 Likes

It’s been a good day - the rather jittery start to the games seems a long time ago now.

I’ve even been getting excited about pommel horse - whatever the fuck that is.

3 Likes

Its what pimps do to their tom’s

Does this mean that We actually retain the Golf gold medal as I belive we won it in 1904 the last time Golf was in the Olympics?

BOOM! Bolt superb! :lou_sunglasses:

Stayed awake long enough to watch Murray retain his Olympic Gold after the usual Murray roller-coaster ride. Made for dramatic watching…4 hours of Power Tennis. Well done Andy! :lou_lol:

5 Likes

Same here 'slowlane. Between a knackered Del Potro and an out of touch Murray it was gripping.

Also Murray’s reaction tells you how important it was to him. He was in bits.

3 Likes

Not a big Hockey fan… but this seemed quite dramatic

Germany come back from 1-2 down to win 3-2in last 40seconds

It’s been a remarkable effort so far by Team GB. No doubt a lot of you won’t want to hear it but part of the success is down to John Major who was the driving force behind lottery funding of Sports. What a legacy he has left.

It is not often that the long term impact of a govt policy actually turns out to be positive 20 years on

Its not often that John Major can ever have been said to have had an impact on anything except Chardonnay Sales at test Matches

And Edwina’s headboard.

5 Likes

Yeah, Louis Smith, can understand he was dissapointed but he could have congratulated Max Whitlock!!

I must be experiencing what people who don’t like football feel during the world cup. I’ll be glad when this shit sports day is over. No one gives a fuck about running or throwing things or poncing about on a horse (literal or wooden) except once every four years. If its that fucking interesting then watch it every week. Go and watch some cunt spin himself round on a wooden thing and then land on a mat each and every week, you bunch of asshats.

oh, and people who don’t like football are cunts too.

At about 23:30 I said to Murray wrap this up by 0100 or I’ll be going to bed and missing the end of your match!

He duly complied, a couple of minutes late but I’ll give him that!!

Trott is flying again - her and Kenny are a proper pair of grounded legends.

Their kids are going to dread a nice cycle around the park, they’ll get destroyed - but it’ll be character building!

2 Likes