đŸš« Prohibition

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

I had a biology teacher at school who told us about oral sex! She recommended it!

That’s the sort of teaching I can get behind! Although, tbf, it sounds like she does her best work round front

Originally posted by @pap

The theory goes that hemp was outlawed to make the introduction of newly patented nylon a lot easier.

I don’t know if I buy it myself. Top Google link is a debunk.

Probably makes total fucking sense if you smoke a lot of hemp.

Yeah that’s the chap. Load of bollocks is it? Not surprised to hear it (only surprised to hear it frm u!)

She was talking about receiving rather than giving.

I always thought it was very progressive for a convent school to be openly teaching such things, but now I think maybe the nuns just didn’t know.

Thanks teacher - you were right! x

wait, she was giving that advice in all-girls school?

Tell me more.

Hang on bear, for the 2nd time today can we just for the record, confirm you are interested in school girls?

Sorry to hassle you over this, it’s just I got a load of pap fractions for saying “our best poster” was a paedo.

well I don’t suppose I am really, but I can still remember the time that I was!

Originally posted by @Bearsy

Yeah that’s the chap. Load of bollocks is it? Not surprised to hear it (only surprised to hear it frm u!)

I haven’t really looked into it either way, tbh.

On the topic at hand, some more thoughts. Tokes’ link on Portugal was very interesting, particularly the reduction in hard drug use over the long term. I do think there is a contraband attraction to all of it. People want what they can’t have. If I tell you not to do something, very next thing you’re going to do is do that thing. Human nature.

There is a chap, name of David McCandless, contemporary of Charlie Brooker who worked on the seethru site with him back in the early 2000s. He did an entire site called the good drug’s guide, predicated on the assumption that prohibition wasn’t stopping use, and that if it wasn’t stopping use, then you should educate people on the experiences and dangers of partaking. That is actually a help, and I would argue has probably saved lives. In some cases or for some drugs, it would have deterred people altogether; worst case - it probably educated a lot of people in taking stuff safely, especially stuff like ecstasy, which is such an easy thing to avoid problems on.

That’s the sort of thing we need, much preferable to the government line of the day, which was to present it as an instant killer that everyone should avoid, a strategy that was never going to work because far too many people were already taking them. Probably caused more harm than good.

Yeah, we had two types of sex education. One from our R.E. Teacher which was more about relationships, love and compassion. Unfortunately when he would talk about actual sex he would go bright red, and stutter quite a lot.

The other lesson was from our biology teacher which was more about tubes and ovaries and stuff. But one lesson she said, let’s forget all this stuff and be honest about sex. Has anyone got any questions they like to ask. And she sat on her table, quite informally and all the girls nervously started asking questions (we must have been about 15/16 at the time). One if the questions was ‘what is oral sex’, and she said her husband sometimes does it to her, and it’s a nice feeling (I’m paraphrasing here, it was a while ago) but it’s not for everyone, and you should only have it done if you want to.

What a cool teacher.

Originally posted by @pap

Originally posted by @Bearsy

I Tokes’ link on Portugal was very interesting,

Thanks Pap - but now we have convicted super poster as Paedo can we plse remove my naughty badge or at least give it some points? If not maybe chhnge to Hunter badge - as in ‘top poster’ in op Yutree caught by Tokes badge? Just regular stuff.

Is that the same guy who used to do computer game reviews in the early 90s? Zero magazine was quality!

Originally posted by @JBoy

Is that the same guy who used to do computer game reviews in the early 90s? Zero magazine was quality!

The very same. They also wrote for the Zone range of magazines too, which were very good in their heyday. I’m personally a big fan of Duncan McDonald’s stuff. He used to do the Mr Cursor columns in the back of PC Zone.

1 Like

It’s funny the things you remember. He had a strange little column where he portrayed himself as a gun obsessed psycho which 12 year old me found very funny.

Matron recommended that me and her have oral sex :smile:

She read 50 Shades out loud to me :slight_frown:

3 Likes

Tricky one this. If alcohol and tobacco had just been discovered I’m sure they would never get a license to be distrubuted legally. I think there is something to be said for soft drugs leading some people to harder drugs but have always been on the fence with weed. It can lead to mental health issues so if pushed i would say keep it illegal other than for those who use it for proper medicinal purposes.

Recommended weed or oral sex? Not at the same time I hope? The smell of singed pubes would be off putting.

1 Like

Why is Mental Health issues more worse than Other Health issues? I.e. why ban Durgs for causing mental health problems and not i.e. Skittles for causing i.e. Diabetes Health problems?

1 Like

I think we should ban Skittles.

Fuck you!

Edit: oh ok maybe just the Blue ones tho cos they’re GROSS!

1 Like

Is it correct that Lucky Charms are prohibited in the UK? Or is there another reason they are outlawed/not readily available?
I know the lovely chaps over at General Mills are removing all artificial colouring from them, which is a good thing because those things make grown adults go wild with all the e numbers and crazy chemicals!

we had to give them up as part of appeasement + reparations deal with IRA

1 Like