:pl: Other Premier Leagues Matches - "Game Week 30"

The villa game was terrible. Maybe having watched a couple of Bayern matches I’ve been spoilt.
City game better. Luiz is a knob.

De bruyne capt :wink:

2 Likes

I could have opted for a quiet feed on the website but I had recorded the game and was watching bits and pieces and fast forwarding.

In Malaysia we did not get the crowd noise,

It’s quite unbelievable that they’re now allowed 5 subs, and still ran out :angry::smile::smile:

2 Likes

I watched a US stream, thought the crowd noise was quite good tbf. Made the game seem a lot less sterile.

2 Likes
5 Likes

The vultures are circling already

I’m failing to see how they could possibly build a case, wouldn’t they have to be able to prove that that goal would have guaranteed them a win? How the fuck would they be able to argue that unless the entire basis of football is reduced to ‘first goal wins’.

The game finished nil nil Gav. That goal should have counted, but didn’t.

Happy to help

I’m well aware the game finished 0-0. I’m well aware the goal should have stood. Are you saying the second half would have played out exactly the same way if the goal had stood, resulting in a 1-0 victory for Sheff Utd?

1 Like

No idea. Who knows? Maybe Villa would have chased harder to get one back, maybe then Sheff Utd would have taken advantage and scored more.

But Villa did not score. The Blades did.

I think we’re arguing different points. My point is that for Sheff Utd to win a legal case, they would have to be able to prove that the goal that should have stood would have guaranteed them 3 points, which is impossible to prove given that the game could have had any one of the 3 possible outcomes had the goal been rightly allowed to stand. If this is allowed to go ahead then the court for arbitration of sport will have be inundated with similar disputes before we play Watford next week.

1 Like

I’ve wondered if we’d gone down that season by the odd point, which we very nearly did, whether we could have appealed that injury time equaliser against Watford, the Doucoure handball. The final whistle came shortly after that, and the goal cost us 2 points. I think Ian Wright mentioned something along those lines in the studio after the game.

Trying to alter results after the fact sets a worrying precedent, if they are sticking with the combination of VAR and Hawkeye they need to ensure that the right decisions are made during the game. This incident in the Villa/Blades game was an almighty cock-up of Matt Handcock proportions, but I worry for the future of football if legal action for bad decisions starts trending and then becomes the norm, as I can fucking guarantee you the clubs with the most money will benefit the most.

1 Like

I agree, and I don’t think it would stick. I’m just pointing out that the circumstances you mentioned, that the rest of the Sheffield game could have taken a different turn, doesn’t always apply. That one decision cost us two points.

1 Like

Think they would have a point in law IF negligence could be proven.
For example checking Hawkeye for statements about reliability, was it operating was process followed.
Corporate negligence they could sue Hawkeye for loss of revenue from the error. That could be £millions
Doubt anyone will be expecting the game to be replayed or to be awarded 3 points

I can resolve this entire dispute.

No one is taking anyone to court about it.

1 Like

Today I want Marcus Rashford to get a hatrick

1 Like

Fred has come back at his pre-lockdown level. :+1:

Out of his depth and utter shite.

1 Like

Yeah but they did get him cheap. :rofl:

2 Likes