:pl: ⚽ Other Games - Round 19 - 16th - 23rd Jan 2021

No.
Because Reece James was gonna score a couple against Fulham…
Until he didnt play
:man_facepalming:

Nearly half way through a strange season and I thought it would be fun to throw out a few contentious guesses about how things will finish. Recent results are starting to emphasise how the big squads make a difference to the rich clubs.

Man City will win their game in hand, go top and not then be challenged, winning the title easily.

MU are in a false position and will fade, but probably manage top four. Liverpool will struggle but manage top four as well. Spurs will get over their dip and get there too. Leicester will be strong challengers.

Europa places between Saints, who will not achieve the early season highs but finish 6th - 9th, Everton, Chelsea and possibly West Ham.

Sheffield United will be relegated despite a few wins. West Brom will make a fight of it but probably join them. Brighton and Fulham will pull clear of trouble. One or more of Wolves, Leeds and Palace will be this season’s Bournemouth and continue in freefall to go down.

Burnley should go down to do us all a favour, but won’t. The rest will fill the mid table, with Villa most likely to slip down and Arsenal probably climbing.

2 Likes

I’d agree with most of that, but Fulham to join Sheffield Utd (who to all intents and purposes are down already.) I wouldn’t be quite so confident about West Brom, Wolves won’t go down and neither will Villa. Leeds might slip rapidly and sneak into the bottom 3. We’ll miss out on the Europa spot.

Arsenal not taking tonight’s game seriously. Cedric playing.

Mind you, Carroll starting for Newcastle. What’s on the Movie Channels?

1 Like

Entertaingly I have an NBC feed with Martin Tyler & Andy Townsend
And can hear the Sky crew as well about a minute behind.
Anything but Bridgerton tbh

Well, this is dull.

Almiron tries a long range shot, tater queries why he didn’t slot in Wilson. My guess is that he probably decided to shoot when he saw Wilson a good yard offside. :unamused:

Well, I suppose the music in Bridgerton Is OK.
Getting to that point before HT means it really is dull

How does Carragher move his mouth so much and say so little?

2 Likes

Aboomerang goal…1 - 0 50 minutes.

Does Shelvey have a brain?
Big men in box for corner scuffs it yo near post they break & score
Shocking

1 Like

Saka makes it 2 - 0 from a tap in…the Arse making hay from the flanks…easy.

Arteta getting a Brucie bonus here

Do Newcastle even do any training/coaching/play ANY system?

Yes they play in the spaces between the Arse players when they have the ball…and when they don’t have the ball. On the rare occasions when they have the ball they kick it towards the Arse end and hope in goes in the goal.

It’s ambitious and may take some time before they perfect this ploy…says Jamie Carragher.

1 Like

Cedric sets up another Aboomerang goal…3 - 0 77 minutes

Ffs.
I was looking at 3 superbru pts until Cedric popped up

1 Like

Me too. :unamused:

You 2 and 6 others, me included… cheers @pap and @Goatboy up though…

1 Like

Jeez on tonight’s display The Geordies look genuine relegation candidates. Absolutely useless.

1 Like