OptiNews - Friday 27 October to Thursday 02 November 2017

Sourced from Southampton FC - Official Site article

Quiz: Brighton vs Saints

Show/hide article…

Southampton travel to face Brighton this weekend in the Premier League, but can you name the Saints squad that beat this weekend’s opponents 2-1 at the Withdean Stadium in April 2011.

Go to the original article…

...diabolically assembled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

MP: "#BHAFC will be a tough game as they have been working with the same ideas for a long period of time and with t… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/923892616441356289

Retweets: 1

Favourites: 4

...unofficially begot by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

#SaintsFC boss Mauricio Pellegrino says his side will have to be at their best to take a positive result at #BHAFC: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1YqJDLMwYRzJV

Retweets: 2

Favourites: 4

...pesteringly assembled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Mauricio Pellegrino says @LeminaM_13 will not be available for his #SaintsFC side at #BHAFC this weekend: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1YqJDLMwYRzJV

Retweets: 2

Favourites: 1

...wonderingly sired by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

MP on Sofiane Boufal: "Sofiane is a young lad, and recent games can give him the confidence to improve and get bett… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/923893553960570882

Retweets: 0

Favourites: 2

...frankly cobbled together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

That concludes #SaintsFC boss Mauricio Pellegrino’s pre-#BHAFC press conference…

We’ll bring you more at… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/923896203393294337

Retweets: 1

Favourites: 2

...judgementally brought into existence by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

@LeminaM_13 #SaintsFC boss Mauricio Pellegrino reveals @LeminaM_13 has an ankle injury, and will be continue to be… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/923895497462566912

Retweets: 5

Favourites: 13

...toothlessly sculpted by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers summary article summary

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 27/10/2017 13:25:22

| | The Southampton Walking Wounded - Injury News 27/10/2017VITALFOOTBALL |

...twinklingly hatched by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

The Ugly Inside News for Southampton

New content from (- The Ugly Inside News for Southampton)

| The Ugly Inside TV ! ! Saints At Brighton ! Opposition View With The Albion Roar | Its a short hopdown to Brighton for our first South Coast derby of the season when we take on the Seagulls, see what … 27-10-2017 |

Older content…

| Saints At Brighton Dan’s Preview13 hours ago |
| Souness Defends Himself On Ali Dia ! But His Facts Don’t Add Up !13 hours ago |
| Boufal Dilemma For Pellegrino2 days ago |
| Sam Gallagher Out Of Favour At Birmingham2 days ago |
| Claude Puel Appointed Leicester City Manager2 days ago |
| Saints Need To Find Consistency2 days ago |
| Southampton Away Travel Lay On Extra Coach To Brighton2 days ago |
| A Rough Guide To Brighton3 days ago |
| Liverpool Back In For Van Dijk But Will Klopp Still Be There ?3 days ago |
| Ronald Koeman Sacked By Everton !4 days ago |

...vainly brought to pass by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

#SaintsFC boss Mauricio Pellegrino confirms that @LeminaM_13 has been ruled out of Sunday’s #BHAFC clash: http://sfcne.ws/TeamnewsLemina

Retweets: 3

Favourites: 9

...self-approvingly designed by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Mirror.co.uk article

Man United star drops huge hint he could join Premier League rivals

Show/hide article…

Luke Shaw has revealed he wants to play for Mauricio Pochettino again after opening up on his father/son relationship with the Spurs boss.

The Manchester United left-back is struggling for game time under Jose Mourinho and his latest comments have only added further fuel to the fire regarding the 22-year-old’s future.

Shaw’s revelation has come to light after he was asked to write in Guillem Balague’s new book: Brave New World: Inside Pochettino’s Spurs.

The defender only spent a season-and-a-half under Pochettino at Southampton, but the Argentine clearly left a lasting impression.

According to the Mail Online, Shaw writes in the book’s epilogue: "He used to call me his son, 'That’s how good our relationship was. I’ve had lots of ups and downs, but when I was with Pochettino it was only ever up, up, up.

"He made me feel that I was the best. He’d show me clips of my games and say, ‘You could do this better’. Not in a horrible way. Not I could have done better, but I should have done better, because he knows I can be better.

“I think with Southampton he achieved the impossible. We were one of the best footballing teams in the league… I do hope that I can play for him again one day. And I think he really wants me to play under him again.”

...complicatedly originated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Mail article

Manchester United v Tottenham odds plus Premier League betting tips

Show/hide article…

The thought of Manchester United setting up for a draw on their own patch is enough to make the solid bronze statue of Bobby Charlton, George Best and Denis Law shiver and Sir Alex Ferguson splutter on his expensive red wine - but would it be that big a surprise to anyone who’s watched them over the past couple of weeks if they did?

Tottenham have a miserable record at Old Trafford, 20 defeats in 25 Premier League trips and just two wins, but they may just fancy their chances of making a successful raid on visit No 26.

United followed the bore draw at Liverpool with a defeat at Huddersfield, managing only four shots on target and one goal over 180 minutes, while Spurs have faced the same opponents in two of their last three games, putting four goals past the pair of them.

Mauricio Pochettino’s side are 14/5 with United 13/10 and the draw available at 5/2.

They had mixed fortunes in midweek but with both teams making seven changes to their starting line-ups it’s not the best idea to read too much into Carabao Cup results (unless your name is Slaven Bilic).

Harry Kane was one of Spurs’ changes, he was left out of the defeat by the Hammers after limping off last weekend and he hasn’t recovered from his hamstring injury in time for this one. He’ll have to wait to add to his tally of 29 Premier League goals in 2017.

United are yet to let in a goal at home this term and Mourinho’s chances of getting the clean sheet he craves increased with the news Kane is sidelined. A 1-0 United win is 7/1.

Romelu Lukaku, one off Kane in the scoring charts and second-favourite behind him for the Golden Boot, is 11/8 to score and 7/2 to break the deadlock. But his goalless run is now four games, although he was only given a quarter of Tuesday’s win over Swansea, and against the big six his return is 15 goals from 58 outings.

A half-time draw in this one is worth backing at 11/10.

In the 3pm games Halloween arrives at the Emirates a few days early when Arsenal’s bogey men turn up.

Swansea usually score in this corner of north London, they’ve drawn a blank just once in eight games there, and have won three times. The only visiting side with a better record is Chelsea on four wins.

With this in mind and the fact that as impressive as Arsenal were last weekend, Everton still managed to score twice, a home win with both teams scoring is 7/4. Arsenal are as short as 1/5 just for the points.

Liverpool are just as skinny at home to Huddersfield, who are 14/1 to beat a big gun for the second week in a row.

Huddersfield were in freefall before stunning United last week and will be buoyed by that result but Liverpool, after a rocket from Jurgen Klopp, should be backed. Their defence, or lack of it, has been mentioned in these pages in previous weeks (although it’s much worse away from home) so, like Arsenal, back them to win with both teams scoring. You can get 2/1.

For the league leaders, it’s a trip to West Bromwich Albion and while City will stutter at some point before May, it’s unlikely to be The Hawthorns on Saturday.

For a start, they’ll be using a Premier League ball, not one of those nasty Carabao Cup Mitres, and Pep Guardiola likes them - he’s watched them ripple opposition nets 32 times in eight games.

The Baggies have only conceded three at home but their visitors so far - Bournemouth, Stoke, West Ham and Watford - are hardly the Premier League’s Harlem Globetrotters. City have been there on Carabao Cup duty and won 2-1. They’re 15/8 to win this one with both teams scoring, 3/10 just for the points.

As for the defending champions, even the Chelsea fans at Sportsmail HQ had doubts ahead of the Watford clash last week but a 4-2 win followed by 2-1 victory over Everton in the Carabao Cup and they’re happy again. They should still be smiling on Saturday night. Two of the Blues’ last three games have had six goals apiece – they drew 3-3 with Roma before seeing off Watford – and while we might not get quite as many on the south coast, 11/4 for an away win with over 3.5 goals in the match has some appeal.

Crystal Palace are back to being Crystal Palace, losing twice since shocking Chelsea and they play West Ham this week. Whether that’s the West Ham that won at Tottenham in the Carabao Cup or the one that went down at home to Brighton, who knows. A draw in this one sounds about right while Watford can edge past Stoke.

It’s the manager-sackers derby on Sunday as Leicester host Everton and we’ll be on Claude Puel to get off to a winning start. There’s also Brighton against Southampton while Burnley at home to Newcastle is on Monday night.

Sean Dyche should still be in charge of the Clarets by then but talk of the Everton job must be a bit unsettling for a team who have only scored twice in five home games. Newcastle are the value bet at 17/10.

*Prices from oddschecker, correct at time of publication, subject to change

...indecisively put together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 27/10/2017 14:25:37

| | Saints At Brighton Dan’s Preview - Southampton NewsTHEUGLYINSIDE |

...illuminatedly sired by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

The Ugly Inside News for Southampton

New content from (- The Ugly Inside News for Southampton)

| Lemina To Miss Brighton Clash | Saints will be without Mario Lemina for the trip to Brighton on Sunday, a big blow but there is still Oriol Romeu ! 27-10-2017 |

Older content…

| The Ugly Inside TV ! ! Saints At Brighton ! Opposition View With The Albion Roar14 hours ago |
| Saints At Brighton Dan’s Preview14 hours ago |
| Souness Defends Himself On Ali Dia ! But His Facts Don’t Add Up !14 hours ago |
| Boufal Dilemma For Pellegrino2 days ago |
| Sam Gallagher Out Of Favour At Birmingham2 days ago |
| Claude Puel Appointed Leicester City Manager2 days ago |
| Saints Need To Find Consistency2 days ago |
| Southampton Away Travel Lay On Extra Coach To Brighton2 days ago |
| A Rough Guide To Brighton3 days ago |
| Liverpool Back In For Van Dijk But Will Klopp Still Be There ?3 days ago |

...idealistically cast by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 27/10/2017 15:25:38

| | Brighton & Hove Albion PREVIEW: ALBION V SOUTHAMPTONBRIGHTONHOVEALBIONFC |

...unthreateningly given life to by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

What can #SaintsFC expect from Sunday’s trip to #BHAFC? :thinking:

We asked journalist @AndyNaylorArgus for a scout report: http://sfcne.ws/ITbha

Retweets: 0

Favourites: 3

...only prepared by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Inside Track: Brighton

Show/hide article…

Premier League football has been an ambition of Brighton’s for so long. How does the reality compare to the expectation?

It has lived up to expectations so far. Every game feels like a big occasion. The Amex is regularly selling out and the atmosphere has gone up a notch.

How would you assess results and performances so far?

Consistently good after a nervy start, which yielded one point out of nine, although the season opener was against Manchester City. It could be even better. They were leading and in control deep into the second half at Bournemouth when they lost, and Everton snatched a last-gasp equaliser from the penalty spot in the last home game.

What difference have the summer signings made, and who have been the standout performers?

The vast majority are from other top leagues throughout Europe and the pattern with them has been similar. They are finding their feet more and more with every game. They have added quality without affecting the tight-knit squad dynamic that played a prominent role in promotion. German number ten Pascal Gross has been involved one way or another – goals, assists or assisting an assist – in seven of the nine goals scored by Brighton.

How has Chris Hughton adapted the team’s tactical approach, if at all, from last season?

It was primarily 4-4-2 in the Championship, modified to 4-4-1-1 now with the arrival of the aforementioned Gross and Izzy Brown on loan from Chelsea.

It’s been six seasons since Saints last visited the Amex Stadium. What can the travelling fans expect from their matchday experience?

A friendlier welcome than is the case for visiting supporters at many other grounds – Brighton go out of their way to make sure that is the case. A decent view too – from behind the South Stand goal.

What sort of game do you expect on Sunday?

Tight and low scoring. That’s a 3-3 guaranteed then, but I fancy Brighton to sneak it 1-0.

...valiantly hewn by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Sky Sports article

Brighton v Southampton preview: Tomer Hemed available for Seagulls

Show/hide article…

Tomer Hemed returns from a three-match ban as Brighton host Southampton on Nissan Super Sunday, live on Sky Sports Premier League.

The striker was hit with the suspension after an alleged stamp on Newcastle’s DeAndre Yedlin last month.

Hemed scored the winner in that game but, in his absence, the Seagulls have taken four points from three games, including a 3-0 victory at West Ham last time out.

Defender Bruno is set to make his 200th appearance for Brighton, and said: "Our aim is to be really strong at home - that’s what we want and have to achieve. But we know we aren’t always going to win at home.

“It’s going to be a big game, because to get to 14 points would be unbelievable for us.”

Southampton have struggled for goals this season and needed a brilliant individual effort from substitute Sofiane Boufal to beat West Brom last weekend.

The goal was only the eighth that Southampton have scored in the Premier League, and defender Maya Yoshida hopes it sparks an improvement.

“If the guy from the bench came on and has shown that quality it is a message to other players,” he said. “Their feeling will be ‘I have to score, I have to show something like this’. That’s the kind of competition we needed and he’s shown it.”

Steve Sidwell is Brighton’s only long-term absentee, with Sam Baldock and Beram Kayal challenging for places in the squad after featuring for the Under-23s recently.

Midfielder Mario Lemina misses out for Southampton with an ankle injury while Boufal is pushing for only his second Premier League start of the season after his winner last weekend.

Brighton have won just two of their last 13 games against Southampton in all competitions (W2 D4 L7). Their last top-flight victory over Saints came in December 1981.

Southampton have won more Premier League away matches in 2017 (5) than they have at home (4).

Only Crystal Palace (1.9 per cent) have converted a lower proportion of their total shots in the Premier League than Southampton (5.8 per cent) this season. Southampton were also the worst side in the 2016-17 Premier League for shot conversion rate (7.5 per cent).

Pascal Gross has been involved in six of Brighton’s nine Premier League goals this season (two goals, four assists). Gross has already equalled his tally of assists (4) in both the 2016-17 and 2015-16 Bundesliga seasons whilst at FC Ingolstadt 04.

I’m going for Brighton. They are doing OK this season and Southampton don’t blow teams away.

You are always in the game against them because they don’t score many and Brighton will be full of confidence after that 3-0 win at West Ham.

It should be close but I’m edging for the home side.

Southampton are 13/10 favourites at Brighton on Sunday, with the home side 9/4 and the draw at 2/1. Manolo Gabbiadini is 9/2 favourite in the first goalscorer betting, with Charlie Austin and Shane Long both 11/2 with Tomer Hemed and Glenn Murray both on offer at 6/1 for the Seagulls.

...bashfully erected by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from BBC article

Brighton & Hove Albion v Southampton

Show/hide article…

Beram Kayal and Sam Baldock could feature in a Brighton squad for the first time this season against Southampton on Sunday.

Midfielder Kayal is ready for a return from a broken leg while forward Baldock is back after pre-season calf surgery.

Southampton midfielder Mario Lemina is absent with an ankle injury sustained in training this week.

Saints have no other new injury concerns, with defender Jeremy Pied remaining out with a groin problem.

Sofiane Boufal is pushing for a starting role after scoring the winning goal against West Brom last weekend.

Steve Wilson: "In a League One clash in November 2010, Southampton and Brighton fought out a goalless draw at St Mary’s.

"In his post-match TV interview the then-Southampton boss Nigel Adkins was asked if he thought the two clubs would be competing for the title. His response was: ‘If they can keep pace with us, maybe.’

"Brighton were well and truly riled, and what had been a relatively low-key south coast rivalry has had an added edge ever since.

"Brighton went on to win the title that season, with Southampton promoted as runners-up. The following year there were three red cards in their two Championship meetings.

“They have not played each other competitively since - but they have also not forgotten.”

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton: “Southampton are a wonderfully gifted team and that makes it a very difficult game on Sunday. We will have to be good at both ends. They have the ability to play the game a certain way and I don’t think they will change that.”

Southampton manager Mauricio Pellegrino on a possible recall for Sofiane Boufal: "This is one possibility. I’m happy with that because Sofiane I think in the last two or three games is playing well, even when he came from the bench.

“Against Stoke and Newcastle and the other day obviously, and I’m really happy with that because I want to improve the competition in the squad.”

Both sides would probably be happy with a draw, which is exactly what I think they will get.

SAM (Sports Analytics Machine) is a super-computer created by @ProfIanMcHale at the University of Liverpool that is used to predict the outcome of football matches.

...unreservedly brought into being by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Saints without Mario Lemina for Brighton

Show/hide article…

Mauricio Pellegrino has been overseeing Saints’ penultimate training session today as preparation steps up for the Brighton clash, before speaking about the availability of his squad this afternoon.

The manager confirmed that summer signing Mario Lemina has been ruled out of the weekend’s Premier League action, following an ankle injury sustained in training, with no time frame put on his return.

The rest of the squad has been given a clean bill of health, while Pellegrino is also considering the inclusion of young forward Sofiane Boufal after his match-winning contribution against West Brom.

“Mario Lemina is injured this week,” the boss began. “He is the only player we’ll lose this week.”

"Sofiane is one possibility from the start, in the last two or three games he is playing well, even from the bench.

“I am happy with that, I want to improve the competition in the squad. Sofiane is a young lad and this action can give him more confidence to be better.”

...foppishly given birth to by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!