OptiNews - Friday 24 to Thursday 30 November 2017

Sourced from Mirror.co.uk article

Pep Guardiola reveals what he was saying to Nathan Redmond

Show/hide article…

Pep Guardiola DID give Nathan Redmond an amazing pep talk following Manchester City’s win over Southampton.

City boss Guardiola looked highly animated after the final whistle as he had words with the Southampton winger on the pitch at the end of the game.

It looked an aggressive exchange but a Saints source confirmed that Guardiola was paying him a warm compliment and also offered some encouragement about how he could get even better.

Redmond replied while covering his mouth, but it was only to thank the City boss.

Guardiola said afterwards: “(I told Redmond)) how good a player he is. Last season he destroyed us here. I didn’t know him last season, I realised how good he is.

“He could not attack because they defend all the time, but that is what it is. I spoke with Oriol Romeu as well, with (Virgil) van Dijk and with my players as well.”

Go to the original article…

...sectionally caused to be by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from talkSPORT article

Premier League Preview Show - Thursday, 30 November

Show/hide article…

Tom Rennie is joined by former West Ham, Leicester and Republic of Ireland striker, David Connolly, to look ahead to the weekend’s action.

Will Arsenal be able to continue their impressive home form as they welcome Manchester United? Will West Ham concede double figures as they travel to Manchester City? What will Alan Pardew bring to West Brom?

All this and more discussed on the Premier League Preview Show.

...tamely conceived by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from BBC article

DEFAULT’Rangers opportunity came at wrong time’

Sourced from Optimus trousers summary article summary

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 30/11/2017 22:56:39

| | Expert lip-reader: Pep Guardiola actually said something shocking to Nathan RedmondGIVEMESPORT |
| | Comment - Pep Guardiola’s exploding ego was exposed on Wednesday night… and it was ugly to beholdIRISHINDEP |
| | ‘Warriors,’ ‘So unlucky’ - Southampton fans react to goalscorer’s tweetFOOTBALLFANCAST |
| | Pep Guardiola explains his furious outburst at Nathan RedmondREADSOUTHAMPTON |

...faintly instituted by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Mirror.co.uk article

Redmond reveals the details of Guardiola’s ‘passionate and intense’ chat

Show/hide article…

Nathan Redmond has revealed the details of his “passionate” and “intense” chat with Pep Guardiola.

Manchester City boss Guardiola was caught on camera appearing to berate the Southampton winger following the full-time whistle on Wednesday night.

Raheem Sterling curled home a sensational winner for City just seconds before time.

And as soon as the match was over, Guardiola ran over to Redmond to have a word with him.

One media report claimed that Guardiola called Redmond a “w *” as part of a foul-mouthed rant, but Guardiola claimed that he was nothing but complimentary to the England youth international.

“Yes he was very passionate, intense and aggressive but he was only very complimentary and positive to me,” Redmond revealed on social media.

"He commented on my qualities as a young English player and how he wanted me to attack his team more during the game in a similar way to last season.

"I told him I was doing what my manager had asked me to do in the game. That’s it. Nothing more, nothing less.

“Nothing negative or offensive was said towards me from Pep and that’s what makes him one of the best manager’s in world football.”

Redmond added: “Losing the game the way we did in the last kick of the game after working so hard for 90+ minutes I was very disappointment (sic) but when one of the world’s best managers compliments you or gives advice in any way, you listen.”

Redmond replied to Guardiola’s comments while covering his mouth, but it was only to thank the City boss.

Following the game, Catalan boss Guardiola attempted to clear up the discussion in his press conference.

He said: “(I told Redmond) how good a player he is. Last season he destroyed us here. I didn’t know him last season, I realised how good he is.

“He could not attack because they defend all the time, but that is what it is. I spoke with Oriol Romeu as well, with (Virgil) van Dijk and with my players as well.”

...tidily manufactured by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Mail article

Redmond reveals what went on between him and City boss Guardiola

Show/hide article…

Nathan Redmond has revealed that Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola was ‘only very complimentary and positive to me’ after the two came face-to-face at full time on Wednesday night.

Guardiola approached Redmond seconds after Raheem Sterling’s injury-time strike had given City a 2-1 lead against Southampton at the Etihad.

The City boss grabbed the winger around the neck and pushed him in the chest before shouting at him.

Guardiola was alleged by one media report to have called Redmond a ‘w_*_*r’, but the England international has since said that was not the case.

‘I’ve just seen this story and felt I had to say something and clear a few things that are floating around right now,’ he wrote on Instagram.

'I want to make it absolutely clear that the Man City Manager, Pep Guardiola did not say what The Sun is falsely claiming in this story.

‘Yes he was very passionate, intense and aggressive but he was only very complimentary and positive to me.’

Redmond added that Guardiola had revealed to him that he was an admirer of his and couldn’t understand why he wasn’t attacking as much as possible.

He wrote: 'He commented on my qualities as a young English player and how he wanted me to attack his team more during the game in a similar way to last season.

'I told him I was doing what my Manager had asked me to do in the game. That’s it. Nothing more, nothing less.

‘Nothing negative or offensive was said towards me from Pep and that’s what makes him one of the best Manager’s in world football.’

...inexplicably devised by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!