OptiNews - Friday 24 to Thursday 30 November 2017

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

The @Lionesses are heading to St Mary’s! :lion:

#SaintsFC will host the #FIFAWWC qualifier with Wales next April: http://sfcne.ws/Lionesses18

Retweets: 2

Favourites: 6

...concludingly moulded by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Southampton FC - Official Site article

Press Conference (part one): Pellegrino on Everton

Show/hide article…

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are consenting to their use. View cookie policy.

Go to the original article…

...flirtatiously begot by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

SportPesa launch Kits For Africa campaign

Show/hide article…

The campaign forms part of SportPesa’s global mission to develop grassroots football within the African continent.

Saints will support this superb initiative by wearing Kits For Africa t-shirts in the warm-up ahead of the Premier League clash with Everton on Sunday, as well as having four distribution points around St Mary’s for people to donate clean and wearable kit.

Fans can donate at the Saints Store, Virgin Media fan hub, Ticket Office and the Ted Bates statue.

The donation point in the Saints Store will be a permanent fixture up until Tuesday 2nd January, when we face Crystal Palace.

Speaking at the launch of ‘Kits For Africa’, SportPesa Chief Marketing Officer, Joyce Kibe said: “There are many grassroot teams in Africa that already perform so well just from having a strong belief in their own ability.

“We want to do our part by giving them new kits that we have collected with the help of our international football partners and in doing so, allow the teams to focus more on what is important – developing their skills.

“The more kits we receive, the more teams we can support and impact across the continent.”

...consentingly brought into being by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers summary article summary

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 24/11/2017 13:03:04

| | ALLNIGERIASOCCER |
| | Officials - Southampton v Everton (26/11/17)VITALFOOTBALL |
| | TV ! Saints V Everton Opposition View - Southampton NewsTHEUGLYINSIDE |
| | Southampton vs Everton prediction, preview, line-ups & football betting tips101GREATGOALS |
| | Saints V Everton ! Dan’s Preview - Southampton NewsTHEUGLYINSIDE |

...cosily instigated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Mail article

Premier League team news, odds and stats from every match this weekend

Show/hide article…

Ahead of this weekend’s matches in the Premier League, Sportsmail brings you the latest squad news, odds and stats on every top flight fixture as it breaks.

Simply click on your team in the fixture list below to find out who is ruled out and who is making a return as well as all the key statistics surrounding your club’s fixture.

In or out? Keep up-to-date with all the latest team news and stats ahead of the weekend

...racily modelled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

:speech_balloon:

#SaintsFCU18s coach Craig Fleming previews tomorrow’s #U18PL tie as Staplewood prepares to host #BHAFC: http://sfcne.ws/U18sPreviewFleming

Retweets: 0

Favourites: 0

...traumatically manufactured by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Late decision to be made on Lemina

Show/hide article…

Southampton manager Mauricio Pellegrino has confirmed that a late decision will be made on whether Mario Lemina can take part in Sunday’s Premier League clash with Everton, following a five week spell on the sidelines.

While Saints’ midfield may be bolstered by the return of the Gabonese international if he continues to train well, Pellegrino will be forced to replace Oriol Romeu, as he serves a one match suspension for an accumulation of yellow cards.

“Oriol is an important player for us,” the manager began. "But I think we’ve got enough in our squad to try and replace him. Also it is an opportunity for other players.

"Mario is getting better, we will decide how we can organise the team. We’ve not decided yet. Most of the other players are okay.

“Matt Targett is the only player that will definitely be out as he still has an injury problem.”

...ritually formed by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Reuters.co.uk article

Southampton v Everton - fans’ view

Show/hide article…

LONDON (Reuters) - Southampton host Everton at St Mary’s on Sunday as Mauricio Pellegrino searches for his first league win since October.

Everton, who are still yet to appoint a permanent manager after the departure of Ronald Koeman, are winless in 14 away league matches, their second-longest run in the competition.

Here is what the fans have to say about their respective clubs:

Matt Markstone, Southampton Dellivery Podcast @sfcdell_ivery ”This is a pivotal match for Southampton. They need to find a way to put balls in the net and points on the board. If they fail on Sunday, it’s likely the pressure on Mauricio Pellegrino will continue to mount and even more fans will be calling for him to be sacked.

”I am predicting a 1-1 draw this weekend. With both teams conceding more than a goal per match on average, it’s unlikely either side will keep a clean sheet. However, Saints have only scored six goals at home in seven matches, so the chances of scoring more than one goal is fairly low, too.

”I think Everton can cause us some issues. Players like Oumar Niasse and, of course, Wayne Rooney have the potential to put balls in the back of the net, and a player like Gylfi Sigurdsson is always a threat to create chances.

”There is always a possibility that Wayne Rooney will score. There is a hope, though, that if Saints maintain the majority of the possession, as they like to do, that Rooney will become frustrated and drop deeper to try and get onto the ball. That will help nullify him as a threat.

“If one player has stood out beyond all of the issues at the club this season, it’s Mario Lemina. The new signing from Juventus has brought an energy and tenacity to the midfield that was desperately needed. His strength and tackling have been on display multiple times this season, and he’s been desperately missed when not in the line-up.”

Peter Mcpartland, Presenter, Toffee TV @ToffeeTVEFC ”Our last Premier League win on the road was back in January so it’s really hard to get excited by away games. Other than the game against Manchester City, we haven’t looked in control and instead always look likely to concede goals. Until we address that, the remainder of the season will be a struggle.

”I‘m going for a 2-2 draw this weekend because I think both teams will think they can get something from the game and are both likely to make mistakes at the back.

”Southampton have been poor recently, but a good run of form catapults any team up the league and confidence will grow from there. I‘m always wary of Charlie Austin, he is a proper goal scorer.

”Ronald Koeman needed to go but the lack of future planning really does make you wonder what is going on at Everton and who is in charge. Even if they didn’t have a man lined up, you would have thought they would have got someone in place within a couple of weeks. I’d love to see Thomas Tuchel or Sean Dyche take over.

”I think Everton are in a relegation scrap now along with every team below sixth place because the gap with the rest of the league is so big. Everyone will be looking over their shoulder.

“The return of Yannick Bolasie, with his pace and strength, could certainly help but I‘m not pinning all of my hopes on him. The return of Seamus Coleman is more valuable because he sets up how we play, drives us forward and gives us the leadership that some of the other players are looking for.”

...physically fitted together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Echo article

Lambert would not rule out Saints return

Show/hide article…

SAINTS legend Rickie Lambert is now enjoying his retirement, but has one eye on doing his coaching badges and wouldn’t rule out a return to St Mary’s one day – but not as a player.

The 35-year-old hung up his boot in October as a persistent lower back issue forced one of the club’s greatest goal-scorers of all time out the game.

Lambert netted 117 goals in 235 appearances for Saints in a truly amazing five years at St Mary’s, which included firing the club from League One to the Premier League in double promotions.

Now, after putting his feet up for a few weeks and enjoying time with his family, Lambert’s thoughts have turned to what comes next.

Of course, a return to Saints in some capacity has crossed his mind, but he’s in no rush to anything right now.

“In the future if I can come back and have some part to play in any kind of role to help the Saints then, yes, I would,” he said. “Obviously it won’t be playing and it probably won’t be coaching either, not for the foreseeable future anyway.

“Perhaps I’ll come back in some other aspect. I’d more than happily do that. But at the minute, I don’t want to tie myself down to anything.

“I’m just enjoying being with the kids and family.”

It was Alan Pardew who brought Lambert to St Mary’s, spending a bargain £1m on the striker in August 2009 to bring him from Bristol Rovers.

He became a hero at Saints and left an icon in 2014, sealing a move to Liverpool, the club he’d supported all his life.

Lambert, who later played for West Bromwich Albion and Cardiff before ending his career, has a true affinity with Saints and undoubtedly his popularity at St Mary’s is still huge.

“The relationship with the fans is the highlight of my career,” he said. “It was a brilliant time and every time I come back I can feel the appreciation.

“Who knows what the future holds. I have not got a clue.

“I’ve been told what to do my whole life and now to have no one tell me what to do. I’m enjoying it.”

Lambert, the man who will be remembered nationally for scoring with his first touch on his England debut against Scotland in August 2013 at Wembley, is now having some deserved down time.

He said: “It’s been a few months now [since playing]. Time is going pretty fast. I’ve got no pressure to do anything. I’m just playing with the kids and looking forward to Christmas.

“After Christmas I might start to get back into shape a little bit – I’ve eaten and drunken probably a little bit too much than I should have but that’s what I wanted to do, retire and enjoy myself.”

He continued: “After Christmas I am going to do my badges. But I’ve got no immediate plans to go straight into coaching, to be honest. It’s not something that appeals to me straight away.

“I might do a bit more media and come and watch the Saints a bit more.

“Long-term, I’ve no plans. I might take a course in something else I haven’t done before, something I’ve never done.

“I’ll have to think about it, but right now I’ve got no ideas.”

...hypnotically instigated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!
1 Like

Sourced from Daily Echo article

READER LETTER: Saints are in big trouble - maybe Claude Puel wasn’t so bad

Show/hide article…

AT SOUTHAMPTON FC we are in big trouble, with little Bournemouth above us and Brighton riding high.

Gone are the days when we had a Le Tiss or a Micky Channon to score a goal out of nothing.

Look at our team sheet, there’s no one to put fear into the opposition.

We cannot score a goal and we can’t win at home – what does this add up to ? Relegation.

Claude Puel was not so bad after all.

When will alarm bells will start to ring? I think they’re ringing very loud at the moment .

...quickly carved by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by BBCSport tweet

@BBCSport - BBC Sport

Mauricio Pellegrino says Southampton are not in a relegation battle and he is not afraid of losing his job.

More f… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/934046444121595904

Retweets: 8

Favourites: 26

...factually given birth to by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Black Friday offer for Palace hospitality now on sale

Show/hide article…

It’s your chance to experience matchday in style at a discounted rate for one game only.

The ‘One day, One fixture Black Friday offer’ has very limited places available to purchase and can only be purchased today (Friday 24th November) between 9am and 5pm.

Available packages:

Saints Bar - £51 inc VAT per person

President’s Lounge - £90 inc VAT per person

Executive Box Club package - £114 inc VAT per person (Bookings of less than 7 guests

may be in shared boxes with other guests)

Executive Box Premium Package - £147 inc VAT per person (Bookings of less than 8 guests may be in shared boxes with other guests

To book, please call 02380 727768 or email clubsouthampton@saintsfc.co.uk and one of our Club Southampton team members will be happy to help with your request.

...abundantly assembled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 24/11/2017 14:03:09

| | Vital Preview - Premier League - 24th-26th November 2017VITALFOOTBALL |
| | Unily Scores with Premier League Team Southampton Football ClubPRNEWS |

...manageably instigated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

England vs Wales: Ticket Info

Show/hide article…

St Mary’s will play host to England Lionesses’ 2019 FIFA World Cup Qualifier against Wales, on Friday 8th April, at 7pm.

The match will be the England Women’s team’s first trip to Saints since 2006, and should be a tremendous night for all supporters in attendance.

Captain Steph Houghton said: “We’re really looking forward to this game and playing at a fantastic stadium like St Mary’s. It’s a long time since we’ve played at a Premier League ground.

“It’s going to be a massive game against a fellow home nation in Wales and key to our World Cup qualifying campaign. We’ve not been to the south coast for a while so we’re hoping we’ll get as many fans as possible to come and support us.”

Southampton’s Vice Chairman (Football) Les Reed said: “This event gives us an opportunity to showcase the Women’s game, which continues to achieve higher and higher standards and is also growing in popularity and numbers of participants.”

Ticket information for the match is as follows:

Group Offers are also available for those wishing to purchase 15 tickets or more. Download a Booking Form here.

...predictively dreamed-up by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

#SaintsFC is proud to be supporting the #RainbowLaces campaign this weekend! :innocent:

Retweets: 0

Favourites: 20

...huskily contrived by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 24/11/2017 15:03:39

| | Premier League Bingo Gameweek 13: Southampton v Everton Anyone?THESPORTSMAN |
|

| Southampton U23 highlightsNUFC |
| | International football at St. Mary’sTHEFACOM |

...bullheadedly carved by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

Read Southampton

New content from (- Read Southampton)

| Lemina to have late fitness test ahead of Everton meeting | Southampton boss Mauricio Pellegrino will make a late decision on the fitness of midfielder Mario Lemina as the … 24-11-2017 |

Older content…

| Southampton, Everton, West Ham, Stoke linked with former Watford man2 days ago |
| Will boring football become the norm?2 days ago |
| Should Saints sell Virgil van Dijk in January?4 days ago |
| Manchester City to rival Liverpool for Virgil van Dijk in January5 days ago |
| Liverpool 3-0 Southampton: Match Report5 days ago |
| Southampton Player Ratings: Liverpool (A)5 days ago |
| Liverpool vs Southampton: Last time out7 days ago |
| Klopp bangs the drum ahead of Liverpool vs Southampton7 days ago |
| Liverpool vs Southampton: Combined XI7 days ago |

...frazzledly designed by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

The Ugly Inside News for Southampton

New content from (- The Ugly Inside News for Southampton)

| Lemina Could Return For Clash With The Toffee’s | Mauricio Pellegrino has confirmed that Mario Lemina could be in line for a return to action in the six pointer … 24-11-2017 |

Older content…

| The Ugly Inside TV ! Saints V Everton Opposition View15 hours ago |
| Saints V Everton ! Dan’s Preview15 hours ago |
| It’s Six Pointer Sunday !2 days ago |
| Saints Board Should Not Act In Haste !2 days ago |
| Niasse Could Miss Saints Game After Diving Charge3 days ago |
| Sunday Needs Unity !3 days ago |
| Virgin Media Subsidise Saints Trip To Wembley To Face Spurs4 days ago |
| Striker Sale Stories Are Mischief Making And Should Be Ignored4 days ago |
| Saints At Liverpool The Verdict5 days ago |
| The Ugly Inside TV ! Liverpool Game Fans Reactions5 days ago |

...reticently sculpted by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Fleming: Breeding consistency

Show/hide article…

After a resounding 3-0 win over Reading last weekend, Craig Fleming’s Under-18s are in a buoyant mood as they prepare to welcome south coast neighbours Brighton to Staplewood tomorrow.

Last weekend’s result made it consecutive wins in the U18s Premier League, meaning the youngsters have climbed in to sixth, four points off second placed Leicester.

“The improvement is massive from the start of the season, in terms of their understanding of the game,” Fleming explained.

“Now we’re breeding consistency; we’re creating a lot more open chances and another clean sheet last week against an accomplished side with England internationals. Very pleasing!”

Frontman Michael Obafemi added a brace to his growing tally of goals last time out, while Will Ferry was also on target and Fleming reserved praise for both goal scorers: "Michael has been a threat all season long, he’s right up there with the top scorers in the league. Incredible pace.

“Will is an intelligent footballer, he listens and understands. We’ve told him to attack the back post on a more regular basis and he got his rewards.”

Speaking about tomorrow’s opposition, Fleming added: “Brighton will be a tough team to beat. Very similar to ourselves in terms of shape and personnel and are a settled side. Two evenly matched teams and we’ll embrace the challenge.”

...prayerfully produced by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Reuters.co.uk article

Southampton’s Lemina faces late test to be fit for Everton

Show/hide article…

(Reuters) - Midfielder Mario Lemina faces a late fitness test to make Southampton’s squad for Sunday’s Premier League game with Everton, manager Mauricio Pellegrino said.

Lemina has missed the last three games with an ankle injury but Pellegrino said the club’s record signing, who arrived from Juventus for an initial 17 million pounds in the summer, had begun training with the team.

“It’s too soon right now to decide how he would be because when you get injured, three days is a lot of time, no? We will decide tomorrow or maybe before the game,” Pellegrino told a news conference on Friday.

The possible return of Lemina will be a boost for the south coast club as defensive midfielder Oriol Romeu is suspended for the clash after picking up his fifth yellow card of the season in the 3-0 defeat at Liverpool last weekend.

“Oriol is an important player for us. But I think we’ve got enough in our squad to try and replace him. Also it is an opportunity for other players,” the manager said.

Southampton, who are 14th in the table after 12 games, with three wins, four draws and five defeats, have struggled up front this season scoring nine goals and Pellegrino said he could sign a new striker when the January transfer window opens.

“Always we are looking for a player that can improve our squad. It’s not easy because every team has got power. Two or three clubs are fighting for the same player but we are open to see the market and to check in which situation we can improve.”

Everton, who were beaten 5-1 at Atalanta in the Europa League on Thursday, are 16th in the league with 12 points after three wins, three draws and six defeats.

...irresolutely erected by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!