OptiNews - Friday 24 to Thursday 30 March 2017

Sourced from Optimus trousers summary article summary

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 24/03/2017 13:35:15

| | Liverpool have opened talks for £40m DutchmanEMPIREOFTHEKOP |

...mortally cast by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from The Telegraph article

New Wembley at 10 years - the best and worst of its first decade

Show/hide article…

On March 24 2007, the new £757m national stadium finally opened its doors with a friendly match between the England and Italy under-21s.

Ten years on, Telegraph Sport looks at the best and worst moments from the new Wembley.

Back in 2011, before he had been exposed as a fraud who couldn’t cope with the hurly burly of the Premier League, Pep Guardiola was thought to be a rather good football manager.

His Barcelona team had won the treble in his first season and the La Liga in each of his three years as manager when they arrived at Wembley for the Champions League final against Manchester United.

Sir Alex Ferguson and his team hoped that playing at the national stadium would give them an advantage, but instead they were eviscerated by a Barca performance of sublime speed and quality.

Go to the original article…

...famously put together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Echo article

Yoshida “buzzing” after captain’s role

Show/hide article…

SAINTS man Maya Yoshida was delighted to take on the extra responsibility after captaining Japan to a 2-0 victory in a World Cup qualifier against the United Arab Emirates.

Usual skipper Makoto Hasebe was out injured so Yoshida stepped up to lead from back and saw his side win in Al Ain thanks to goals from Yuya Kubo and Yasuyuki Konno.

The central defender, who has been playing a prominent role at Saints in injured captain Virgil van Dijk’s absence, felt the pressure but was elated.

“I’m buzzing. Of course, for me it was the first time to take such a great responsibility,” the 28-year-old said.

“You feel more pressure than usual and I wanted to try even harder for Hasebe. In another way, I didn’t want us to lose and people say the reason was because Hasebe was not in the team.”

The Blue Samurai are locked on 13 points at the top of Asian qualifying Group B with leaders Saudi Arabia.

They host Thailand in another qualifier on Tuesday.

...challengingly spawned by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by SportPesa_UK tweet

@SportPesa_UK - SportPesa

.@SouthamptonFC fans, fancy a pair of tickets to the Bournemouth game? Simply follow @SportPesa_UK and RT this imag… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/845246078693904384

Retweets: 17

Favourites: 0

...concurrently formed by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 24/03/2017 14:35:29

| | Premier League’s Last 20 Goal A Season ScorersVITALFOOTBALL |
| | THISISANFIELD |

...noisily given breath to by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

The Ugly Inside News for Southampton

New content from (- The Ugly Inside News for Southampton)

| Nathan Redmond On Premier League Player Of The Month Shortlist | Nathan Redmond is on the Premier League’s shortlist for their player of the month for March and you can vote for him … 24-03-2017 |

Older content…

| New England Duo Show Saints Are Getting It Right !14 hours ago |
| Bournemouth Game Nearing Sell Out2 days ago |
| Jeremy Pied Returns To Training2 days ago |
| Rail seating licensed in League One and Two3 days ago |
| The Ugly Inside Video Channel ! Spurs Away Days3 days ago |
| International Call Ups Highlight Saints Progress3 days ago |
| Saints Get Date For Re Arranged Trip To Chelsea4 days ago |
| The Ugly Inside Video Channel ! Fans Reaction! Andre Marriner He’s One Of Your Own4 days ago |
| Saints At Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict4 days ago |
| Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Southampton - Player Ratings and Reports4 days ago |

...politely whittled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Mail article

Nemanja Matic is one of the best in his position, claims Dusan Tadic

Show/hide article…

Dusan Tadic has heaped praise on Serbia team-mate Nemanja Matic, claiming the Chelsea star is one of the best defensive midfielders on the planet.

The pair are preparing for a crucial World Cup qualifier against Georgia on Friday evening as they look to overtake the Republic of Ireland at the top of Group D.

And Tadic, who is used to facing Matic with Southampton, believes his international colleague will continue to be key in the Blues’ Premier League title charge.

‘Nemanja has been at the top of the game for a long time,’ Tadic told Goal.com. 'He is important for them [Chelsea], also they have a great coach and you can see that they have a great mentality and good qualities.

‘I am very happy for him because he is a good guy and player. He is very important [for us] because he is one of the best at his position and we are happy to have him. The title race is still open but I think Chelsea have the will do it.’

Tadic was also asked about young midfielder Marko Grujic, who has found first-team opportunities hard to come by under Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool this season.

The 20-year-old has made just two substitute appearances in the Premier League this season, but Tadic believes he needs to be given time to adapt to English football.

‘I know him very well, he is a good boy with a good mentality,’ Tadic said. 'I think he needs time because everything has happened to him [in the past year]. He played just one season with Red Star and then he went to Liverpool and he needs the time to adapt.

‘For sure, Liverpool will bring good qualities into him. We will see what happens in the future but I believe in him. He just needs to work hard every day and his qualities will come out on the pitch.’

...physically given life to by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

:camera_flash:
The hard work continues for the #SaintsFC squad at Staplewood, despite the international break:… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/845289605884657664

Retweets: 0

Favourites: 5

...unvirtuously hewn by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Southampton FC - Official Site article

Garmin Stadium Challenge: Round 1

Show/hide article…

Watch as teams led by Southampton stars Shane Long, Manolo Gabbiadini and Harrison Reed go head-to-head in the Garmin Stadium Challenge.

Round One sees them take each other on in a special driving contest, with the aid of a Garmin DriveAssist.

Click here to check out the product for yourself, and look out for Round Two tomorrow.

...factually produced by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Star article

Premier League star: Why Marko Grujic is struggling at Liverpool

Show/hide article…

Grujic, 20, arrived at Anfield from Serbian outfit Red Star Belgrade for £5.1m, but has failed to make an impression under Jurgen Klopp. The talented playmaker spent three months on the sidelines with a hamstring injury and has only just returned to Liverpool’s Under-23 squad.

“For sure, Liverpool will bring good qualities into him” Despite having only played 29 minutes of Premier League football under Jurgen Klopp, Tadic is confident his Serbian compatriot will adapt to the rigorous demands. He told Goal: "I know him very well, he is a good boy with a good mentality. "I think he needs time because everything has happened to him. He played just one season with Red Star and then he went to Liverpool and he needs the time to adapt.

"For sure, Liverpool will bring good qualities into him. We will see what happens in the future but I believe in him. He just needs to work hard every day and his qualities will come out on the pitch. "You can see other players with more experience than him that have struggled in the Premier League.

"He is still a young player and, for him, this situation is normal. The Premier League is the hardest league in the world. “If you go to another league it is easier but this league is hard to adapt to. There’s a lot of contact so I think that it is different from everything else.”

...defencelessly manufactured by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

The Press Box: Belverstone on Cherries clash

Show/hide article…

How important do you see this game being for each side?

It’s hard to find a way to build this up as a big, big game for Southampton, although I think as they play Bournemouth more and more often the games are becoming more important on the south coast. Particularly with Bournemouth winning against them at the Vitality Stadium last season, I think some Southampton fans enjoyed winning there this season because of a few bragging rights. It’s probably threatening to become a genuine derby the longer they both play in the Premier League.

As far as position and points go, it’s a bigger game for Bournemouth, because even though they’re nine points clear of the bottom three now there’s still some way to go before they’re guaranteed to be safe.

It’s the worst time to play Bournemouth, I think. This time last year they won three straight games at the start of March, one of which was against Southampton, and this time they’ve taken seven points from nine, including a point at Old Trafford with ten men.

It’ll be a fascinating and entertaining game I think, but there is something for Southampton to play for, in that they’re looking for a fourth straight top-ten finish, which they’ve never done in the top division before. It’s difficult to argue the battle for ninth or eighth is something to get excited about, but that is some achievement – a cup final, European group stage for the first time, and a top-ten finish. That would be a successful season. It would be a real shame for the season to fizzle out and for Southampton to finish 13th.

What have you made of Bournemouth?

They’ve recently changed formation too and it seems remarkable that ‘little old Bournemouth’ can leave Jack Wilshere on the bench for three games in a row, and there’s every chance that’ll be the same this time.

Benik Afobe and Joshua King are linking up really well. They’re a real threat up front and will be a challenge physically, so every facet of Yoshida and Stephens’s games will be challenged.

They are vulnerable at the back, particularly from crosses into the box, so if Manolo’s fit that will help. Jay Rodriguez of course caused them big problems in the game earlier this season.

They’re a team that likes to play very attractive football, and they cover a lot of ground. They’ve given some very big teams tough games. I think Manchester City is the only top-six team they haven’t taken any points from. It’ll be a challenge, but if Southampton can play for 90 minutes as they did in the second half at White Hart Lane then they’ll come out on top.

They’ve just got to make sure they come out of the international break focused and motivated to keep picking up points and climbing as high as they can in the table and they’ll win plenty more games this season.

What have you made of Southampton in recent weeks?

They’ve been transformed. Hugely impressive. Claude has spoken a lot about the introduction of Manolo Gabbiadini, and his stats have been extraordinary in his first four games. It’s remarkable he’s already the club’s second-highest goalscorer this season, and the fact he has scored such a variety of goals in that run as well – he’s obviously not a one-trick pony. Saints have always been creating a lot of chances this season, but now they’ve got someone again who can really finish them off. With Charlie having been out injured for four months he’s really made a big difference.

But the whole team seemed to be lifted, particularly at Wembley. That performance was outstanding. And then at Spurs as well, the first half they looked like a team who had nothing left to play for, but in the second half they looked like a team who believed they could get back into Europe and believed they could take their cup form against the best teams into the Premier League as well. I’ve been hugely impressed in the last month or six weeks.

Other than Gabbiadini, who has caught your eye recently?

I hadn’t seen Oriol Romeu in the flesh for a couple of weeks until Spurs, and he was battling so successfully against Victor Wanyama, who obviously everyone around here knows very well, and Mousa Dembélé. In the first half, Saints looked outnumbered in midfield. Spurs had four players in there and Saints had three. Second half, there didn’t seem to be any great formation change on either side, but suddenly they were winning that midfield battle and so much of that was down to Oriol. He’s been immense. He must be playing the best football of his career. A lot of that credit has got to go down to Claude. He’s put a lot of trust and faith in him.

I’m also very impressed with the way Maya has stepped up and taken on a bit of leadership and responsibility. He’s now the senior partner in the heart of defence, since Virgil’s injury and Fonte leaving. He’s helped Jack Stephens, who’s also been very good. Maya’s been at the club a long time, but has always had a more senior figure alongside him, but he really seems to have stepped up in the last few weeks.

James Ward-Prowse and Nathan Redmond fully deserve their England call-ups, because they’ve had some wonderful performances, and I think we’re seeing Ward-Prowse play the best football of his career. He’s promised so much for so long, but he’s really blossoming and flourishing now in this system and in these last few weeks, so there are good signs all over the pitch. The headlines might have been taken by Gabbiadini, but they’ve been real team efforts the last couple of weeks.

...reinforcingly fitted together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by FSSrbije tweet

@FSSrbije - FSSrbije

Sastavi za utakmicu @EuroQualifiers #GEOSRB #orlovi #FSSrbije :serbia::eagle::muscle:t2:

Retweets: 5

Favourites: 7

...devastatedly sculpted by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 24/03/2017 16:35:57

| | A Premier League Brexit BreakdownVITALFOOTBALL |
| | All the best news, views, opinions and reaction from AnfieldICNORTHWALES |
| | McQueen targets great escapeTHEFACOM |
| | Southampton player stagnates, ‘development has stalled’, but club won’t sell himSPORTWITNESS |

...confidently given birth to by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

:benin:

Young #SaintsFC defender Richard Bakary is starting for Benin this evening, as they face Mauritania in a friend… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/845317937493917696

Retweets: 1

Favourites: 12

...pathetically coined by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

:movie_camera:

Watch footage from Staplewood Campus as #SaintsFC continue their hard work during the international break: https://grabyo.com/g/v/GKs7MiPVbyn

Retweets: 1

Favourites: 2

...interrogatively manufactured by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 24/03/2017 17:36:07

|

| Liverpool rumored to have entered talks with Virgil van Dijk – Third time lucky link for Klopp?FANSIDEDRUSHTHEKOP |
| | Nathan Redmond On Premier League Player Of The Month Shortlist - Southampton NewsTHEUGLYINSIDE |

...fetidly thrown together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Gallery: Training continues despite international break

Show/hide article…

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are consenting to their use. View cookie policy.

...insufferably forged by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Star article

Chelsea News: Nemanja Matic the reason for Premier League success – Dusan Tadic

Show/hide article…

The Blues are 10 points clear at the top of the Premier League table with ten fixtures remaining and have shown no signs of slowing down. Tadic, who will play alongside Matic during Serbia’s World Cup qualifier against Georgia tonight, thinks the experience in Antonio Conte’s side will see them home.

“Nemanja Matic has been at the top of the game for a long time” He told Goal: "The title race is still open but I think Chelsea have the will to do it. "I think they have enough experience not to throw away ten points, along with Matic’s qualities of course! "They have a good coach, Antonio Conte has tried to find the best season for them and after Arsenal they changed to 3-4-3.

"That’s the biggest difference and with the players they have… they are one of the best in the league. "Nemanja has been at the top of the game for a long time.

"He is important for them, also they have a great coach and you can see that they have a great mentality and good qualities. “I am very happy for him because he is a good guy and player. He is very important because he is one of the best at his position and we are happy to have him.”

...diplomatically given birth to by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by England tweet

@England - England

This is how our Under-21s will line up for tonight’s game against their :de: counterparts…

#younglions

Retweets: 28

Favourites: 54

...precipitously coined by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by FSSrbije tweet

@FSSrbije - FSSrbije

1:1! Srbija je izjednačila golom Dušana Tadića iz jedanaesterca u 45. minutu! #GEOSRB #bravo #orlovi :eagle::eagle::eagle::serbia::serbia::serbia::muscle:t2::muscle:t2::muscle:t2:

Retweets: 6

Favourites: 4

...uncompromisingly sired by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!