OptiNews - Friday 11 to Thursday 17 August 2017

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

MP: “We are well prepared to play a tough game. I think we are ready to compete.” #saintsfc https://www.pscp.tv/w/bFwJvzMxOTB8MWpNSmdQbmxXZ2x4TIJSQ-CrRuyUI58506sBS8Dxs0DhbR4cd-3dRpDL3dfW

Retweets: 5

Favourites: 12

...insufferably instituted by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

#SaintsFC’s Mauricio Pellegrino says signings @LeminaM_13 and Jan Bednarek will help his side to be stronger.

Retweets: 2

...fluently shaped by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

#SaintsFC boss Mauricio Pellegrino says his side can only focus on winning tomorrow against #Swans: https://www.pscp.tv/w/bFwJvzMxOTB8MWpNSmdQbmxXZ2x4TIJSQ-CrRuyUI58506sBS8Dxs0DhbR4cd-3dRpDL3dfW

Favourites: 9

...encouragedly brought into being by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

MP: "We have lots of things we can improve on. There will be challenges this season, but I’m happy with the dynamic… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/895920016117420032

Retweets: 0

Favourites: 6

...lugubriously shaped by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

The Ugly Inside News for Southampton

New content from (- The Ugly Inside News for Southampton)

| No Offers On The Table For Van Dijk ! | Despite the fact that he has now handed in a transfer request Southampton Football Club have yet to receive an offer … 11-08-2017 |

Older content…

| Liverpool In Crisis As They Run Out Of Ex Players To Claim Van Dijk Move Is Close !8 hours ago |
| Lemina Handed Number 18 Shirt !a day ago |
| Saints Learn Carabao Cup Opponentsa day ago |
| Could Virgil Van Dijk Play For Saints Next Week ?a day ago |
| Saints Sniffing Around Sunderland Defendera day ago |
| What Are The Odds On Saints ?a day ago |
| Join The Ugly Inside Prediction League For 2017/182 days ago |
| Advocaat Gets Worried As Van Dijk Puts Dutch World Cup Hopes At Risk !2 days ago |
| Saints Willing To Let Vulgar Van Dijk Rot In The Stands !2 days ago |
| Saints Break Club Record Transfer Fee To Sign Juventus Powerhouse3 days ago |

...wobbily begot by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

That’s all from Mauricio Pellegrino’s pre-#Swans press conference!

We’ll have more from the #SaintsFC boss on… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/895922056268853248

Retweets: 0

Favourites: 0

...presumingly made by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Echo article

No bids for Saints captain van Dijk after transfer request

Show/hide article…

Saints have yet to receive any offers for want away defender Virgil van Dijk.

The Dutch centre half handed in a transfer request on Monday morning, after weeks of agitating for a move away from St Mary’s.

However, the Daily Echo understands that no offers for the 26-year-old have been submitted to Saints.

Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City have all been linked with van Dijk over the course of the summer, but nobody has broken rank with an official offer, even after the transfer request.

It leaves van Dijk frozen out of the first team picture on the eve of the new season, while it is understood that Saints are maintaining their stance that van Dijk is not for sale.

Certainly any notion that van Dijk’s transfer request will push Saints into a position where they feel they have to accept an offer below their valuation to move on a troublesome player seems to be far from correct.

Saints still hope that van Dijk may accept he is staying at the club and come back into the squad, but there appears little sign that the Dutchman is going to take that route at present.

The more likely scenario appears to be that the stand-off will continue beyond the start of the season tomorrow, when Saints host Swansea at St Mary’s, and continue towards the close of the transfer window.

Whether Saints’ stance would change if van Dijk holds firm and an offer of £60m or more comes in remains to be seen.

There is also uncertainty as to just what would transpire if there is no suitable bid, or Saints reject all approaches and stick to their guns until the transfer window closes.

Saints don’t really feel that van Dijk’s transfer request has changed anything, as they felt he had made it perfectly clear he wanted to leave anyway, and they told him they expect him to continue to honour the five years he has left on his contract.

What perhaps took those at St Mary’s by surprise was the lengthy statement van Dijk issued.

In it he wrote: “Over the past six months I have held numerous discussions with representatives of the board, the former manager Claude Puel as well as the new manager Mauricio Pellegrino to inform them all of my desire to leave the club in search of a new challenge.

“I am incredibly ambitious and want to achieve as much as I possibly can to fulfil my potential in what is a very short career as a professional footballer. I want to play European football again and challenge for major honours and as such I would like Southampton to consider the interest in me from top clubs should it still exist.

“I have been left frustrated by the club’s position that I am not for sale and am disappointed that enquiries from multiple top clubs have been consistently rebuffed.”

Pellegrino is today expected to have say on the situation as he takes part in his first official press conference as Saints manager ahead of tomorrow’s game.

Go to the original article…

...chastenedly sculpted by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Mail article

Jamie Redknapp, Martin Keown and Chris Sutton - Premier League preview

Show/hide article…

City for the title… Champions Chelsea fail to make the top four… Is Lukaku fit enough?

Sportsmail’s three wise men, JAMIE REDKNAPP, MARTIN KEOWN and CHRIS SUTTON, sat around a table to argue about the new Premier League season. Lee Clayton listened in.

JAMIE REDKNAPP: This is the hardest season to predict.

MARTIN KEOWN: I’m sure you said that last year.

REDKNAPP: This is harder than that. How can you pick a winner? I look at Manchester City and I don’t think they can win it unless they keep Vincent Kompany fit. Or they buy Virgil van Dijk. Mauricio Pochettino is the only manager who knows what his best 1-11 is. No other manager in the top six knows his best XI.

CHRIS SUTTON: But Spurs fans I know are worried about their lack of signings.

REDKNAPP: They shouldn’t be. They’ll get Ross Barkley before the window closes, they’ll get another one or two. Ross is such a good player and that will be the best move for him. This is how Daniel Levy does his business. With Harry Kane and Dele Alli Spurs will be close again. Dele eclipsed Paul Pogba last year, he’s one of the best players in the world right now.

SUTTON: Kyle Walker is a big loss, Jamie. I don’t care about how much Manchester City have paid for him — Spurs have sold him to one of their rivals. You don’t do that if you have aspirations to win the title. They’ve handed City an advantage, he’s the best full back in the league.

KEOWN: You can’t tell me Spurs should have turned down that money? You can’t! Although, there is something to be said about a settled 11.

SUTTON: What if Harry Kane gets injured?

REDKNAPP: Nobody wants to come to Spurs to be second string to Harry, that’s why they’ve struggled to attract another forward. But Daniel will still do some business. And they trust their manager. I wonder if we are losing the art of management in this league. The transfer market is like a computer game of Football Manager — spend, spend, spend as if it’s not real money. Pochettino can coach, I like him the most. He knows what he is doing. I can see the comparisons with Sir Alex Ferguson. Now can he win a trophy?

SUTTON: OK, but they are worse off than last season. Look at Spurs compared to Manchester City, who have plenty of goals in their team, different options. City might not even find a place for Sergio Aguero in their first pick.

KEOWN: The pace in that team… Pep Guardiola won’t finish potless again. They’ll win something.

REDKNAPP: They’ve got an outstanding player in Kevin De Bruyne, quality goals and assists but I can’t take them seriously until they sort out their defence. Go and get Van Dijk from Southampton! John Stones and Nicolas Otamendi is not a partnership to win the Premier League.

KEOWN: Van Dijk has been injured, he hasn’t played for six months. Is he ready? Is he a £50million player?

REDKNAPP: City should pay £60m. Today. The new goalkeeper, Ederson, has a kick like a missile with a side-volley clearance, but they’ve still got a hole in the centre of their defence.

KEOWN: But the full backs are frightening, they will take the game to opponents. City are in a different league. I’m not worried about them, but I am worried about Chelsea. There is a risk they do not make the top four this season. They’ve lost Diego Costa. He has to be in their team! What a loss he is to them. Why have they allowed the rift to happen between the player and manager? On top of that, Eden Hazard is injured.

REDKNAPP: Imagine you against Costa, Martin. That would be some rumble.

KEOWN: But it would be an honest rumble…

SUTTON: You used to pinch me. That was your thing.

REDKNAPP: He used to tread on my toes.

SUTTON: …then he’d say ‘there is plenty more of that to come…’

KEOWN: (looking a bit sheepish) I liked to try to see how much you could take and if you would come back for more. I wouldn’t play Costa the same way. You wouldn’t want to rile him. I’d be nice to him!

REDKNAPP: Exiling Costa and bringing in Alvaro Morata is one of the biggest trades I can remember in the Premier League. Nobody really knows how Morata is. It could go wrong quite quickly.

SUTTON: I can see Antonio Conte, the manager, walking.

KEOWN: He’s a fighter, a winner. That won’t happen. He’s just signed a new contract.

REDKNAPP: Jose Mourinho is building another Chelsea at United. They have that look. Big, strong players. When you played against his Chelsea team, you’d look at them in the tunnel and think ‘these are a strong team’.

KEOWN: Romelu Lukaku is key to all that. Their home form has been embarrassing — 26 goals at home last season and 10 draws. Too often he’s a pussy cat, but can Mourinho — the man who sold him at Chelsea and saw him as not good enough, don’t forget — turn him into a raging lion?

REDKNAPP: United’s home record last season was criminal. He’s got to change the style of football, but he doesn’t care about tradition, he cares about winning. There was not a lot of joy in Manchester United’s play.

SUTTON: They came sixth in the table! Not good enough. They won trophies nobody else wanted. If that had been Louis van Gaal playing that style of football…

REDKNAPP: Mourinho’s got to have credit for what he did last year, but now this is it. They have to fight for the title. Lukaku has to be his Didier Drogba. He said in a Sky interview he’s been watching videos of Messi and Ronaldo. Good luck with that. He should be watching videos of Drogba. He needs to get fitter. I’ve seen times when he’s looked sluggish.

SUTTON: With Zlatan Ibrahimovic, you had to hit him with the ball. Lukaku will run into the channels. He gives them a different dimension and if it works, he gets them into the top four. I see it finishing: Man City, United, Chelsea, Liverpool.

REDKNAPP: Mine is Man City, if they sort out the defence, Tottenham, Man United, Liverpool.

KEOWN: So no Chelsea? You’ve copied me!

SUTTON: Just choose your own Martin and let us choose ours…

KEOWN: Man City will win it. No question. Gabriel Jesus will be a star in this league, a superstar. We’ve seen a glimpse but there’s more. Then Tottenham, Man Utd, Arsenal.

REDKNAPP: You always say Arsenal! No Liverpool? I am nervous about them because of (Philippe) Coutinho. We don’t want him to go, not just because of the club but because of the league. He’s a talisman, a superstar.

SUTTON: He’s got to stay. Jurgen Klopp has to dig his heels in.

KEOWN: I think he goes. The money is huge.

SUTTON: But if you sell him, you’re giving up the league. Having £100m means nothing. Money talks for Southampton, but not Liverpool. Money or title? It HAS to be the title challenge.

REDKNAPP: The Liverpool players I talk to call him ‘the little genius’. Keep Coutinho, get Van Dijk. That’s a title bid right there.

SUTTON: I really like Van Dijk, he’s a top player, a Rolls-Royce of a defender. But if he goes to Liverpool, after all the fuss, that makes Southampton look spineless. He’s got five years left on his contract, Southampton could dig in. He’s such a good player, long-range passing, he can head it. The only thing he needs is someone to get him up against a wall from time to time. He has that languid Dutch way about him, fancies himself. It has mostly been shaken out of him, so he has the lot.

REDKNAPP: Talking of good signings, Asmir Begovic is a very good buy for Bournemouth. And Nathan Ake, Jermain Defoe too. They’ve put themselves under pressure to get into the top 10. A relegation battle is not good enough for them.

SUTTON: I can see Newcastle struggling. They haven’t bought enough quality.

REDKNAPP: I can see them going down, but Huddersfield doing ‘a Bournemouth’ and staying up.

KEOWN: My three for the drop: Watford, Huddersfield and Brighton.

SUTTON: That’s what I told you I was going to say… you’ve copied me.

KEOWN: I came up with my list last Wednesday.

REDKNAPP: Watford, Newcastle and Brighton, although they have a gem in Anthony Knockaert. I hope he keeps them up.

KEOWN: We haven’t mentioned Everton. Their fans are rightly enthused by their transfer activity. The club have been cute. Their net outlay is £2m because they’ve used the Lukaku money to invest. They went early, they brought back Wayne Rooney, they’ve created a bit of a buzz. If they get Gylfi Sigurdsson, they get his goals from midfield, his clever free-kicks. Even if it will cost £50m!

REDKNAPP: We are back to talking about money again. I can see why Everton will take him, he will score at least 10 goals, but if Sigurdsson is £50m, then Liverpool can’t sell Coutinho for £100m. He’s got to be worth more than that. They can’t allow Barcelona to bully them into this. We are at a crucial point, not just for Liverpool, but for the league. They have to resist. They have to.

...implausibly conceived by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Sky Sports article

Soccer Saturday pundits provide their predictions for the new Premier League season

Show/hide article…

The Soccer Saturday pundits provide us with their predictions for who will win the Premier League, make the top for, go down and win the Golden Boot.

All four are backing Manchester City for the title and expect Arsenal to miss out on the top four again, while Huddersfield and Brighton are given little hope of surviving.

City have been installed as Sky Bet’s 7/4 favourites for the title followed by champions Chelsea alongside Manchester United at 7/2 apiece, while Burnley join the top-flight’s new boys as the relegation favourites.

Going forward Manchester City are very strong, and they have bought players at the back. Pep Guardiola has bought well, bought a lot of pace into the team at the back, including Kyle Walker.

I am interested to see whether Chelsea put all their eggs into the Premier League basket or in the Champions League, but I suspect they will go for the latter as Antonio Conte has more of a point to prove in Europe.

If Tottenham were playing at White Hart Lane I’d have them as champions. They’ve got the best team, they haven’t had to buy anybody. They will miss Walker surging forward, but Kieran Trippier is a great replacement.

I think this is a massive jump up for Huddersfield. They have a massive pitch and play at a high tempo; playing that tempo in the Championship, you get the ball back very quickly, but if you go and press Man City they will just knock it around you and be away on goal.

I just see Brighton as a nice place to go for away teams. You’re not going to go there and think: “Oh my God, I don’t fancy this.”. As for Watford, Marco Silva has brought in Will Hughes and Nathaniel Chalobah and he’s putting two players in their midfield that haven’t played much top-flight football.

It’s a hard one. Will Harry Kane play every week? They’ll need to rest him for the lesser games with the Champions League. Will Sergio Aguero play when Pep Guardiola likes Gabriel Jesus? Romelu Lukaku will play every game but Manchester United don’t score a lot.

I’m not sure Alvaro Morata will play on Saturday and if Chelsea win that then he might not start for the first few matches. I think Manchester City will score six or seven goals in five games this season. You get most of your goals against the lower teams and I think Jesus will start more than Aguero and if he doesn’t start then he’ll come on, so I fancy him for the Golden Boot.

I hate giving my predictions before the transfer window shuts. I was going to put Chelsea in second but I don’t think they’ve strengthened enough yet. I’m a bit concerned because Antonio Conte’s body language is implying he’s being pushed to then limit and I think he will be very, very upset, the same as Rafael Benitez.

I’ve been really pleased with how Liverpool have shaped up in pre-season and Mohamed Salah has been quite incredible. He gives us that pace as well as Sadio Mane. I think if Liverpool could get a out-and-out centre-forward then we could push for the title.

Huddersfield may have signed 11 players but still I still expect them to have a tough experience along with Brighton. Both will just look to enjoy it and play their football like Bournemouth did. As for Burnley, the selling of Andre Gray didn’t sit well as he scored a lot of goals. Now they need to replace those goals. They’ve brought in a bit of strength with Jack Cork but I just wonder whether they can repeat their home record.

I wouldn’t look any further than Harry Kane. I’m surprised Spurs haven’t signed anybody and that concerning thing is that it’s gone from Mauricio Pochettino saying he doesn’t need anybody to saying he needs four or five.

You should strengthen from the point of strength and, while what Danny Rose is saying is wrong, you need to add that competitive edge. However, that does mean Kane will start every game again? I’ve always gone for Aguero and I’d love to back him at 7/1 but I don’t know whether he’s going to play or whether Jesus is, so I’ll go with the tried and tested.

I just think Manchester City have strengthened in all the right areas where they needed to. Full-backs were what they needed to fix and they’ve done that pretty well and firepower-wise they look pretty awesome. How long they take to gel at the back in going to be the question and they’ll leave themselves open with their attacking style, but they will still outscore everyone.

Liverpool’s squad might struggle to deal with Champions League football and Arsenal should be in the mix but I just think the four above them are stronger.

It’s going to be a big struggle for Huddersfield. They’ll be well organised but whether they’ve got the quality to score enough goals is the big factor. Again I think goals may be a problem for Brighton without many proven Premier League goalscorers in there.

I did take Watford out of my picks because I think Andre Gray is a good signing for them and could make the difference. I think they had to spend a lot of money and I still think their defence lacks quality. I considered throwing in Burnley but they made a fool me last season and I’m going to put faith in Sean Dyche’s ability, but if they repeat their away form then they’ll struggle.

He’s probably priced up like that because the bookmakers think that Pep doesn’t fancy him and that he won’t play all the time but, as long as he stays fit, he’ll be up there.

However, given the way Kane has done it for the last two seasons you’d had to say he’s decent value at 3/1, but you’d have to ask whether playing at Wembley is going to effect him.

There’s no outstanding favourite and this is the most exciting season. I know a lot of the pundits are going for City but you feel like this is a Guardiola team now. I backed them last season when I think the players struggled to buy into it.

They’ve spent too much money on full-backs but they are key to Guardiola style of pinning teams in and Vincent Kompany, if fit, will make John Stones better. The goalkeeper will always be the question mark but he has a team that suits his style now. You’ve got to question which teams will make the Premier League a priority over Europe and I think Guardiola would take the Premier League over the Champions League because it’s the title missing from his CV.

The three that have come up will be in the mix and I think West Brom could struggle if they can’t get players in, but I think Tony Pulis will make signing to keep them safe. Watford will be in the fight as well if Troy Deeney isn’t performing and Burnley will be be in the mix as Sean Dyche doesn’t seem aware that there’s a transfer window. There’s no chance they can be as good at home, but I also don’t think they could be as bad away.

I think Gylfi Sigurdsson will go so Swansea have got a few weeks to replace their most important player, while Stoke could also disappoint, so there’s plenty of teams in the mix for me, but I think Huddersfield could cause a few surprises and stay up.

I do think Alexandre Lacazette will be clinical but I can’t guarantee he’ll score in the big games, so I’d back him each-way.

I don’t see Jesus being as prolific and might have to play out wide with Aguero central, so they will share the City goals. Harry Kane is the best finisher with the types of goals he scores so I’d go for him if I had to bet on the nose but I do fancy Lacazette each-way at 10/1.

...convulsively designed by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

:tv:

Four #SaintsFC fixtures in October and November have been selected for live TV coverage. Full story:… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/895933105093185536

Favourites: 9

...pulchritudinously fitted together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers summary article summary

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 11/08/2017 09:17:18

| | EFL Cup draw: Southampton v Wolves as Blackburn face BurnleyFOURFOURTWO |

...damply coined by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Could @LeminaM_13 make his #SaintsFC debut tomorrow?

Mauricio Pellegrino provides a team news update: http://sfcne.ws/Team110817

Retweets: 3

Favourites: 16

...broodingly instituted by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Mail article

Premier League spending raises title stakes even higher

Show/hide article…

Twenty-five years ago we awaited the start of the first Premier League season and transfer records were broken as clubs jostled for position on the start line.

Blackburn Rovers, newly promoted, broke the record for a fee paid by a British club with their £3.4million purchase of Alan Shearer, while several players were transferred for roughly £2m.

How quaint that all seems today. It’s the same sport played by the same clubs but in some ways it is barely recognisable.

The new season that kicks off on Friday night with Arsenal at home to Leicester will be brought to us on the back of an unprecedented level of spending.

This is a Premier League where full backs can cost more than £50m, goalkeepers £30m and the really rare stones, prolific goal scorers, upwards of £70m. This is a Premier League where the manager of the champions can spend £140m on players and think it not enough.

This is Fantasy Football made real. It is not a new concept but the acceleration of the numbers this summer has been startling and the great unanswered question is where exactly it leaves us.

Nobody is really surprised that Manchester City have led the way in terms of outlay. Last season was disappointing and Pep Guardiola and his ageing squad finished it with serious ground to make up. Logically, we should be looking at this season’s champions. A look through the players reveals an array and depth of attacking options not previously available to a manager in this country. Players such as Sergio Aguero and Raheem Sterling can no longer assume first-choice status.

But uncertainty still swirls around Guardiola’s team. The Spaniard struggled at times to understand the demands of English football last season and seemed no closer to comprehension at the end.

His team will have new defenders and another new goalkeeper. If they don’t come together to form a protective barrier then all that beauty at the other end will only decorate another nine months of relative failure. So we cannot rely on City’s whole to equal the sum of its parts and that is something that also characterises other top clubs. Despite all that has been spent, it is hard to choose a favourite for the title.

Chelsea coach Antonio Conte feels that the champions’ rivals will present a greater threat than last time and this underpins his dissatisfaction with the club’s transfer business.

Key to Chelsea’s prospects will be Alvaro Morata’s efforts at replacing Diego Costa and whether Conte’s team can remain as injury-free as they did last season. Conte has alluded to both issues recently.

Arsenal have not improved enough to challenge but back in Manchester, former Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho will be one of those hoping to stalk his old club.

United are coming from some way back but have invested heavily in key positions. Great United teams always built from the spine outwards and it is no coincidence that football’s great pragmatist has bought a central defender, holding midfielder and striker.

For all the doubts about parts of his game, it is hard to believe Romelu Lukaku will not score goals. He scored heavily for Everton so why not for United?

Mourinho’s team have neither City’s quality in depth nor the benefit of Tottenham’s familiarity, but United will be built not to concede and if key players stay fit they will at least have a voice in the argument.

Tottenham’s stasis in the transfer market may harm them but probably not as much as their temporary move to Wembley. This will undoubtedly be Mauricio Pochettino’s toughest season at Spurs while Jurgen Klopp faces an enormous challenge to juggle domestic and European football at Liverpool.

If Klopp does lose Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona then he must make sure it is soon, as that money will need to be reinvested very promptly indeed.

As always, there will be subplots. Money has been spent at Everton but, with Lukaku gone, who scores their goals? It would be a surprise if it were Wayne Rooney on a regular basis.

It is hard to form a convincing argument that the gap in quality that saw 15 points separate Everton in seventh and Southampton in eighth has been bridged. If anything, we may see that chasm widen. We have interesting new faces in charge at Crystal Palace and Southampton.

At West Ham, Slaven Bilic must start well and he has staked much on the pairing of Javier Hernandez and Marko Arnautovic. There will not be many shades of grey in that attacking partnership. Mark Hughes at Stoke may also find himself under pressure if they do not start positively while at Bournemouth, Eddie Howe’s challenge is to improve on last term’s remarkable ninth place.

Life will be tough in the Premier League for Brighton and Huddersfield but it is good to have them. Newcastle have not strengthened in the manner Rafa Benitez expected and that is a saga that rumbles on. Expect an explosion anytime soon at St James’ Park but if Benitez does stick around then Newcastle are likely to prosper in a way the two other promoted clubs may not.

...iniquitously cast by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Premier League - Official Site article

DEFAULTVideo: Stat attack: Southampton v Swansea

:one: day to go! :grimacing:

Can #SaintsFC repeat last season’s success against #Swans at St Mary’s?

Retweets: 2

...uncertainly instantiated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

The Ugly Inside News for Southampton

New content from (- The Ugly Inside News for Southampton)

| Saints Latest Fixture Changes For TV | Saints October programme is completely changed around for TV with another game in November also moved with the … 11-08-2017 |

Older content…

| No Offers On The Table For Van Dijk !10 hours ago |
| Liverpool In Crisis As They Run Out Of Ex Players To Claim Van Dijk Move Is Close !10 hours ago |
| Lemina Handed Number 18 Shirt !a day ago |
| Saints Learn Carabao Cup Opponentsa day ago |
| Could Virgil Van Dijk Play For Saints Next Week ?a day ago |
| Saints Sniffing Around Sunderland Defendera day ago |
| What Are The Odds On Saints ?a day ago |
| Join The Ugly Inside Prediction League For 2017/182 days ago |
| Advocaat Gets Worried As Van Dijk Puts Dutch World Cup Hopes At Risk !2 days ago |
| Saints Willing To Let Vulgar Van Dijk Rot In The Stands !2 days ago |

...haplessly moulded by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers summary article summary

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 11/08/2017 10:17:59

| | Liverpool news and transfer latest - LIVEGOLIVERPOOL |
| | Southampton need to put up ‘convincing offer’, club eager to sell, possible bargainSPORTWITNESS |
| | Celtic braced for offers for midfielder; Southampton, Everton and West Bromwich Albion all interestedHEREISTHECITY |
| | Wild accusations against Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers wide of the mark | FutnSoccerFUTNSOCCER |
|

| ‘I think they will end up getting Van Dijk’ Former Liverpool Defender Makes A Big Statement On Transfer – The Kop …THEKOPTIMES |
| | League Cup Second Round Draw (10/8/17)VITALFOOTBALL |

...swishingly whittled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Read Southampton

New content from (- Read Southampton)

| Southampton team news: Swansea (H) | Southampton manager Mauricio Pellegrino has given the latest team news ahead of his side’s Premier League opener … 11-08-2017 |
| Southampton yet to receive offers for Van Dijk | Southampton are yet to receive an offer for Virgil Van Dijk, according to a report in the Daily Echo. The report … 11-08-2017 |

Older content…

| Manchester City want winger to join Southamptona day ago |
| Southampton to make £3m move for Celtic man, West Brom and Everton keena day ago |
| Southampton draw Wolves in League Cup 2nd rounda day ago |
| Southampton v Swansea: Combined XIa day ago |
| What should we expect from this season?a day ago |
| Southampton in 2017/18 - The Writers’ Predictionsa day ago |
| Southampton reportedly have club-record bid rejected for Tottenham mana day ago |
| Southampton make loan approach for strikera day ago |

...abidingly costructed by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Blogs – Fresh Saints

New content from (- Blogs – Fresh Saints)

| Preview: Southampton vs Swansea City | It’s almost here; the first game of the 2017/18 Premier League season. But in traditional Southampton style, we once … 11-08-2017 |

Older content…

| Could Southampton Move for Nicolai Muller This Summer?4 days ago |
| Southampton F.C. – a plethora of attacking talent9 days ago |
| My centre-back choice for Southampton FC14 days ago |
| Review: Southampton’s summer so far16 days ago |
| The early promise shown by Mauricio Pellegrino22 days ago |
| Is Remy right for Pellegrino’s Southampton?a month ago |
| Nathaniel Chalobah: The perfect project for Southampton FC?a month ago |
| Podcast: Pellegrino, Rodriguez, transfers and much morea month ago |
| Jay Rodriguez and Southampton: The end of the roada month ago |

...drunkenly generated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Echo article

No bids for Saints captain van Dijk after transfer request

Show/hide article…

Saints have yet to receive any offers for want away defender Virgil van Dijk.

The Dutch centre half handed in a transfer request on Monday morning, after weeks of agitating for a move away from St Mary’s.

However, the Daily Echo understands that no offers for the 26-year-old have been submitted to Saints.

Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City have all been linked with van Dijk over the course of the summer, but nobody has broken rank with an official offer, even after the transfer request.

It leaves van Dijk frozen out of the first team picture on the eve of the new season, while it is understood that Saints are maintaining their stance that van Dijk is not for sale.

Certainly any notion that van Dijk’s transfer request will push Saints into a position where they feel they have to accept an offer below their valuation to move on a troublesome player seems to be far from correct.

Saints still hope that van Dijk may accept he is staying at the club and come back into the squad, with manager Mauricio Pellegrino adding: “Virgil is an important player and we need him focusing on our club.” However, there appears little sign that the Dutchman is going to take that route at present.

The more likely scenario appears to be that the stand-off will continue beyond the start of the season tomorrow, when Saints host Swansea at St Mary’s, and continue towards the close of the transfer window.

Whether Saints’ stance would change if van Dijk holds firm and an offer of £60m or more comes in remains to be seen.

There is also uncertainty as to just what would transpire if there is no suitable bid, or Saints reject all approaches and stick to their guns until the transfer window closes.

Saints don’t really feel that van Dijk’s transfer request has changed anything, as they felt he had made it perfectly clear he wanted to leave anyway, and they told him they expect him to continue to honour the five years he has left on his contract.

What perhaps took those at St Mary’s by surprise was the lengthy statement van Dijk issued.

In it he wrote: “Over the past six months I have held numerous discussions with representatives of the board, the former manager Claude Puel as well as the new manager Mauricio Pellegrino to inform them all of my desire to leave the club in search of a new challenge.

“I am incredibly ambitious and want to achieve as much as I possibly can to fulfil my potential in what is a very short career as a professional footballer. I want to play European football again and challenge for major honours and as such I would like Southampton to consider the interest in me from top clubs should it still exist.

“I have been left frustrated by the club’s position that I am not for sale and am disappointed that enquiries from multiple top clubs have been consistently rebuffed.”

Pellegrino is today expected to have say on the situation as he takes part in his first official press conference as Saints manager ahead of tomorrow’s game.

...toweringly thought-up by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!