🗓 On this date in history

Mwah.

Happy 2nd Birthday!

Having witnessed some horrific nappies, teething fuckwittery and sleepless nights, I hate to think how the Terrible Twos will be…

Keep toddling.

3 Likes
2 Likes

16 years ago Matt scored that amazing last goal at The Dell.

A strike that defied physics - and one of the great moments in recent history.

1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes

What did we pay for him? About £3m was it?

Absolute bargain. Solid player, solid pro.

Man like Yoshi.

8 Likes
3 Likes

Bit of a change in pace for this thread, but hey, 25 years ago today

1 Like

On this day 2016, I spent the best 24 hours of my life in Milan. Talking with complete strangers inside and outside of the stadium. We have one and sometimes more than one common interest, but mainly that was supporting Southampton FC. It was an amazing experience, that I hope we all get to experience again, one day.

1 Like

50 years ago today. I was working in London Road and watched from a distance (5th floor roof) as she left. She should still be here.

Five hundred years ago, a monk by the name of Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses to the church door in Wittenberg. While not being a massive act of rebellion, revolution or whatever in its own right, it was nonetheless the action that eventually brought about the fracturing of the existing Christian church, the rise of Protestantism and all that that brought with it.

Worth mentioning, though really rather a minor event.

Burn him!

On this day 11th November 1982 the young ones aired for the very first time!

Sorry it was the 9th… I’m 2 days late!!!

1 Like

Fucking hell Vivienne.

1 Like

21st November, 2017

21st November 1964. One 6 year old finally convinced his dad to take him to his first game.

Saints 6 Rotherham 1.

George O’Brien got the first 3 and Martin Chivers (whose mum we knew) the next 3.

I was hooked.

5 Likes

On this day 28th November 1948 a little baby was born in Orcheston, Wiltshire…

Happy birthday Mick. :lou_lol:

1 Like

Can’t find it on you tube, but…

20 years ago today the father of the “Greatest ever half-time announcer” (and I will stick the nut on anyone who says otherwise) scored his only 1st team goal in a 2-1 win over, coincidentally, tonights opponents.

s

1 Like