Luvvies you want to slap. Hard

Yeah, I agree, but he’s still bloody brilliant!

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

Originally posted by @KRG

Find #1 a bit odd. She’s a good actor, and she frequently gets her kit off. Thought this would have appealed to you, SoG.

Ouch! :lou_lol:

Will you stop trying to stir up things involving me, please! Was only teasing him a bit. I get people think I’m more aggy than I actually am on here, but you’re one of the few that have met me!

On the subject of luvvies, I actually quite like 'em, as a breed. They are entertaining. Working in/near Soho I meet a fair amount of them. Good fun, can drink scary amounts and always have some cracking tales to tell. Usually involving some bizarre infomercial/advert/arty play they have starred in.

Sessions used to do a brilliant comic monologue, so he doesn’t deserve a slap - but it still isn’t a REAL job in the sense that I was highlighting.

Lou, as you know I’m well aware of the value of culture, but please explain how Emmerdale or Hollyoaks is just as important as the work of heart surgeons, hospice carers, people who get fresh water to otherwise dry villages or rescue crews in disaster areas…

IMO acting does not stack up as a proper job against real proper jobs.

Will you stop trying to stir up things involving me, please! Was only teasing him a bit. I get people think I’m more aggy than I actually am on here, but you’re one of the few that have met me!

Sorry, KRG, my bad.

Originally posted by @Rallyboy

Sessions used to do a brilliant comic monologue, so he doesn’t deserve a slap

Wrong. He votes UKIP - definitely deserving of a swift backhander.

5 Likes

Find #1 a bit odd. She’s a good actor, and she frequently gets her kit off. Thought this would have appealed to you, SoG.

Not ouch at all Lou. I am quite proud of the fact that I am known as a connoisseur of lady parts (although to be fair most blokes are the same).

I’m guite fond of Winslet.

Knightley, too skinny.

Neither are great actors imho.

I never knew that and it has made me feel a little disappointed. I blame you for that. Id have been blissfully ignorant if you had kept your trap shut.

It is the Winslet award ceremony performances that get my goat ( :wink:).

2 Likes

I was reading a huge “celebrities who are tossers” type thread over at Digital Spy. Despite the ire reserved for them here, both Kate Winslet and Johnny Depp were remarked upon as celebrities that are supposed to have a lot of time for their fans.

Have heard Depp makes a big effort to go to local hospitals when he is filming, in character as Jack Sparrow. He, apparently, spends a lot of time with the kids and by most reports is great with them. Which, is clearly a decent thing of him to do.

Still think he’s an over rated actor though :lou_smiley:

Why did CK have to ruin Sessions for us?

He was funny until he went UKIP (like one or two on the other side).

Please tell me that the lovely Lord Janner was a nice chap…

My biggest complaints with Keira Knightley are as follows:-

1. She looks too much like Natalie Portman
  2. They cast Natalie Portman as a Brit in V for Vendetta when Keira Knightley exists.

I accept that neither of these problems are of her own making.

I have a mate who lives on the edge of the Cotswolds who says Kate Winslet lives / used to live in a big old gaff close to him. He says that she has been in the local a few times and is very down to earth, witty and charming. Cracking pair of nawks too, so he says.

As an aside I really rather like V for vendetta.

Whilst there is lot to admire about Sessions, I felt the punishment was justified for his politics and his constant name dropping ( surely the very definition of luvvie)

By doing extras I changed my mind about Winslet ( and Depp) as they are clearly self aware enough to take the collosal P*ss out of themselves.

I take your point re Portman/Knightly and I’d like to think Daisy Ridley will bridge the gap over the coming years.

Maybe the thread should be ‘celebs I’d like to slap’ it could rival the PTS

1 Like

True story.

My sister used to do silver service waitressing in London. Special events etc. Was asked to waitress for 2 couples at some posh hotel. Turns out it was Helena Bonham Carter, Tim Burton, Johnny Depp + one other. They invited her to join them for dinner (she couldn’t - company policy etc.) so insisted she at least have a drink with them and then bought her two bottles of mentally expensive wine and paid for a black cab home to the arse end of nowhere. Really nice people by all accounts. So, Johnny Depp’s alright in my book.

Re: John Sessions. I’ve always thought he’s a cunt so was pleasantly surprised to find that confirmed by his political allegiance.

1 Like