🏏 🌍 ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

:cricket_bat_and_ball:
WI v Pakistan at Trent Bridge today. I’d expected a run feast, Pakistan couldn’t match England but looked handy.
Not so, 73-4.

Thought we needed a general WC thread in case something interesting happens or @PhilippineSaint gets bored.

3 Likes

I havent got time to be bored we are in the middle of a process shutdown for maintenance so I actually have to fix something :frowning:
Will put the cricket on internet radio and watch the womens tennis at Roland Garos t check the short skirts and muscular thighs.

1 Like

Pakistan crumbling like an East Anglian coastal path.

I know it’s only the first game, but I thought they’d be a lot better than this.

1 Like

2 of my old clients flew from Lahore to watch.
Now they know how gooners feel

3 Likes

:rofl:

https://twitter.com/andrewnixon79/status/1134417581262147585?s=19

1 Like

West Indies
First innings 38 - for 1 wickets (4.5 overs)
West Indies need 68 runs to win from 45.1 overs

WICKET

Bravo c Babar b Amir 0 (WI 46-2)

WICKET

Gayle c Shadab b Amir 50 (WI 77-3)
West Indies need 29 runs to win from 39.1 over

I’m seeing a trend…
Checks cricinfo, Gayle out.

West Indies win by 7 wickets

That was a bit easy for the Windies

1 Like

Lesson learnt though. A full strength WI will be a threat

2 Likes

I was going to knock off early today to watch the latter stages in the pub. But it was all over before I’d finished lunch.

Still, two games tomorrow. I can watch them both, at home, naked.

4 Likes

Watch them in the pub. Naked, of course.

Barred from one, barred from all, I’m afraid.

There’s a photo of me above the bar. Naked, of course.

3 Likes

Yes, i have them down as my dark horses. An in form Chris Gayle is capable of chasing down the most improbable of targets, all the time he’s at the crease anything is possible.

1 Like

He seemed to hurt his back today. I hope he’s good for the tournament. You want to see the best players.

Much as I want to see England win, I want it to be convincingly and against the best. That’s why I’m glad Smith’s back for the Aussies. Regardless of character and behaviour, he’s the best batsman going. Got to beat the best to be the best.

2 Likes

I think every cricket fan wants to see Smith & Warner stay in as long as possible.
The abuse lasts longer and the pain of losing gets harder.

2 Likes

Or the thrill of winning. One way or the other :man_shrugging:

Sri Lanka doing a bit of what the Pakistani’s did yesterday
Sri Lanka are 115 for 8 with 25.0 overs left

1 Like