Holidays 2017

Q: You like to be fashionable but also travel light. How does that work?

On a weekend trip, I use no luggage at all. I store my additional socks and shirt in my special travel coat, which has compartments. It’s very elegant but it has several inside pockets that are big enough to put my toiletries. I minimize to the max. Merino wool is anti-bacterial, so you can wear those shirts again and again.

Having a blazer with a nice handkerchief is important – that makes every man look the part. It adds not only an element of social status but also security. If you look like a businessman, you have more of a sens"e of belonging to a place than if you look like a tourist."

Attire. The very reason sir Bletch of Eastleigh is not allowed in most countries.

4 Likes

For those undecided. I will say it again and again, only 1 place to go

Image result for sapa vietnam

Image result for halong bay vietnam

Image result for hoi an vietnam

Image result for jeremy clarkson monkey mountain vietnam

2 Likes

Hey Phil, I would love to but have certain impracticalities at the moment, in order :-

Kids

A wife that wants beach holidays

Not enough disposable income

So for me it’s a static caravan in Devon!!

Oh, and we’re going here in June, I get the feeling I will see little of my 10 year old during the day…

Fuck all this year, on the move again, but buying a property.

We might get away for a cottage holiday at Easter, but doubtful. I quite fancy a cycle holiday!

Always 2018!!

We were thinking of doing a day trip to Fleet services but I hear most of it burnt down. Actually, that’ll improve the experience.

Right, must book a,day off

1 Like

Been there, done that. One day you’ll be able to upgrade to Eurocamp that was awesome at that time

Derby? Or is that Middlesbrough?

2 Likes

Crete in May with the e tended family

Sri Lanka in September with our Aussie mates

nagging the Ayatollah about going for a skiing break in March

probably a German Christmas market (any suggestions?)

maybe a week in France in July

1 Like

Keep your eyes peeled.

2 Likes

Two days in Liverpool, next week.

I have a feeling it will either be very depressing or one of the best times ever and will be decided by 22 men i don’t know.

4 Likes

We were looking at that, around £500 for a week for a basic caravan which is maybe £200 cheaper than in the UK. Then checked the ferry prices…£500 return!!!

:lou_facepalm_2:

Dont all the lorries going back to Europe have free spaces as all the illegals have disembarked?

2 Likes

Just on my way for a month’s holiday from the wife and kids, offshore Labuan Malaysia in the South China Sea.

Room and board all inclusive it’s run by Betty Ford no drugs or alcohol allowed.

Yeah but that is because THE MAN can rip you off because they passed Laws that force you to take Holidays WHEN THEY WANT YOU TO so that they can inflate the prices #Schoolholidays.

I guess I was lucky, kids were Eurocamp age 15-20+ years ago and I didn’t get shot for taking them out of a school (that I was paying for) over here.

End of the day, Kids can have as much fun in West Bay in the rain as they can in Southern France in 35C heat mid summer.

Just need to find the right deal on the right Ferry Link (eg you might have to go to skatesmuff to catch a Ferry) :wink: