Favourite Beatles Song

I know that they went on to do much more technically proficient stuff, but Rubber Soul will always have a special place in my heart. I had it on cassette, and played in on repeat while writing the code for and doing the text for my dissertation.

It was a beautiful spring, had the windows open, a cool breeze coming in while Rubber Soul reverberated out of the windows. Out of the right window on the top floor of that last house, to be precise :lou_sunglasses:

All of them…chronologically because that’s how we heard them. I was 13-14 when the burst onto the scene and there was nobody else on the planet for a while. I liked The Stones but loved The Beatles. I remember seranading the girls in art class, me and my mate singing Beatles songs in close harmonies…flat of course but we didn’t care it was our music.

1 Like

Rubber Soul is maybe the last Lennon/McCartney songwriting genius. Before they fell out etc. That’s a cool memory Pap :slight_smile: I am old enough to remember John Lennon dying

1 Like

I like all the ones with Lenin singing, and hate all the ones with McCarthy singing. The ones where both Lenin & McCarthy are singing, I am Ambivalent RIP

So it wasn’t you who gave the dislike then? Someone else missed the joke.

Thought you said frog song was your favourite begees song?

all downvotes are ghost of Lou RIP

far more a stones fan than Beatles - but can’t deny the influence and the majesty of someof the songwriting.

Danny Baker summed it up beautifully the other day when asked to describe the beatles

‘Underrated’

1 Like

Originally posted by @Bearsy

all downvotes are ghost of Lou RIP

Just jokes with the down vote bear. I’ll up vote some other crap you post elsewhere to balance it. Maybe you will post some anti scouse stuff on this surprising scouse influenced saints forum. I’ll def like that.

1 Like

I’ve been in Liverpool for a couple of days with work. Today I spent some time in the museum of Liverpool who have a very good John and Yoko exhibition.

1 Like

…and you didn’t try to lookup @pap, @Nottarf-Krap and @Barry-Sanchez for a couple of beers and a chat?

I was working/ didn’t want to

It’s probs just as well. It would have likely gone down like this.

@Fatso: Hello people. Put your wallets away. I’ll pay for the meal

Sotonians Liverpool Crew: Great Fats, that’s very generous of you.

Ten courses and fifteen bottles of wine later

@Fatso: Lads, get your walletsh out (hic). Pay the bill.

@Fowllyd (visiting) Hoi! One of you cunts has nicked my fucking wallet.

@pap: I thought you were paying for the meal.

@Fatso: It was a joke, @pap. You never get my jokes.

@pap: I suppose I get it now.

@Fatso: Get the bill, you humourless bastard.

3 Likes

I’d have called your best mate a fanny before tipping you out of your highchair

1 Like