EWCB v The Proteas - 1st Test, Lords 6th-10th July 2017

Dawson goes for a duck England 181 for 7 lead by 278

Broad goes for a duck England 182 - 8 lead by 279

The collapse continues

And that is lunch

Back after lunch and that is the 300 run lead up with 2 wickets still remaining.

Lead creeping up, 314 now. Given that only one team has ever scored more than that to win a Lord’s test (West Indies in 1984, when Gordon Greenidge took the England attack to the cleaners), it’s looking pretty good for England. If the last two wickets can add another 20 or 30 runs that would be great, but even without that we should have enough on the board to win this, given how the pitch is playing.

227 -9 wood goes for 28 England lead by 324

And that’s 233 all out - Bairstow stumped for an excellent 51. I reckon a target of 331 is going to be very difficult to get.

Bairstow out for 51 England all out 233

SA need 331 to win

That is ggoing to be difficult on this pitch and we have enough time to bowl them out.

And it’s 12/2 after 9.1 overs, Kuhn taken by Anderson and Elgar by Moeen. Nice.

Back to the cricket to help England and especially Liam Dawson get a very crucial wicket in Amla :laughing: SA 30-4

Come on England.

I was off helping Hamilton get further up to 4th whils also helping Froome get a third in the tour :laughing: poor old Porte crashing out as well as Thomas after crashes. :astonished:

Good job the Ladies Synchronised swimming not on to-day :kiss: would not been able to spread myself around all the sports :cool:

To be honest :innocent: this what becomes of being a world class coach in sooooo many sports :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

SA now 42-4…England could win this tonight with a couple more quick wickets. :smile:

SA 65-5…another wicket for Moeen. :laughing:

SA 72 -7 Moeen gets another

With an Englishman and a Welshman onboard our little SA friends offshore will take some ribbing in the morning.

Dawson doing a splendid job at one end…putting lots of pressure on the batsmen. :laughing:

Although some bad luck coupled with poor batting by SA :astonished:

Dawson has more than bowled well…but maybe a little batting practice before he comes to the second test. :smile:

And another one goes to Moeen SA 82 - 8 the extra half hour comes into play if needed

He can do that Monday as he wont be doing anything else :lou_lol:

1 Like

Means i have to go in to give him the benefit of my batting expertise. :wink:

1 Like

Moeen gets another SA 94 -9

Dawson gets the final wicket

England win by 211 runs

Not a bad result at all

Dawson wicket…England win by 211 runs…well done Captain Root :laughing:

Big decision for Monday…do I give batting practice to Liam Dawson or help the ladies Synchronised water babes :astonished: