:uefa_logo: Euro 2020 - Group D - :engerland: England v Croatia šŸ‡­šŸ‡· (Live on the :bbc:)

Luverly :drooling_face:

1 Like

Rice is important.

When they cash in WHam are fucked.

Which is nice.

3 Likes

Donā€™t worry, Henderson will be fit soon to fuck it all up.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s not chilled me out.

Really does beg the question as to why the fuck he was taken.

Thereā€™s not much I agree with Roy Keane on but his quip about Henderson being kept around for squad morale - ā€œdoes he do magic tricks or something?ā€ is spot on.

I think itā€™s insane to not prepare for this tournament with an eye on Qatar 2022 which means Henderson should be less important anyway given his age.

For that matter why was Trippier, a 30 year old right back preferred at left wing back to the young CL winning and EL running up actual left backs in the squadā€¦.

2 Likes

Donā€™t get me wrong, good that we won but that team selection was still total shite.

3 points in the bag all but guarantees a ā€˜best 3rd placed teamā€™ qualification spot (which would give us a better route anyway) so Iā€™d hope thereā€™s a bit of experimentation once weā€™ve beaten the Scots

3 Likes

A better result than game. Decent for the first twenty mins. Croatia unimpressive.

4 Likes

Talking about good results

3 Likes

Charcoal?

:wink:

2 Likes

Actually my first real success without any ā€œI wish I didsā€

Short rib rules

1 Like

I think youā€™ll find itā€™s the shin bone of a Stone Age man. Fortunately these days itā€™s enough to make an accurate reconstruction of the manā€¦

Say hello to Simonā€¦
simon

2 Likes

They look tasty.

We had ribs - pork - marinated in a jerk marinade for 24hrs. Disappointing as had to tone down the heat level for YoungAdult#1 - weā€™re slowly building her tolerance :roll_eyes:

Which half is the Stone Age fella and the other the crusty trustafarian juggler?

Ah difficult to tell without a tasting. I suppose the irony is, the crusty trustafarian juggler was a strict vegan before being butchered for a tasty carnivorous meal.

1 Like

There is a feeling of the Kingā€™s new clothes about this game.
1-0 against a weaker team (so the pundits say) doesnā€™t lead to all the media hype. I have just read a piece going on about how brilliant Southgate was in his team selection - really? And were the players that superb? Harry Kane certainly wasnā€™t, and this following a media hype about how he was going to get yet another golden boot.
Perhaps my expectations are too low after team selections, performances and media hollow over the preceding years, and in the games that are yet to come the England team will perform so much better than we are all expecting.
The litmus test is whether people have already picked another national team to follow, or show an interest in, as our own has so often been disappointing.

3 Likes

Yep, this.

Croatia were certainly not the team of three years ago.

But even before the game was even an hour old, some pundits were saying how Mings was answering any concerns about how he would perform on the big stage, how he would take control etc.

Nuts.

1 Like

The game between Netherlands and Ukraine posed the most salient questionā€¦could England play like this?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got to say, watching last night I kept thinking that either of those sides would tear us to fucking shreds.

2 Likes

Twitter was comedy gold reading awkward pre match rants on the Tram ride home though.
Expected nothing.
Got a win.
Not excited, itā€™s a work in progress.
Maybe they can play on the front foot, they have done in qualifying but they ainā€™t the second coming yet.
Then neither were the '66 krew