EU - In or Out? The big vote 23rd June 2016

A traditional leftist view like mine is/are sceptical of the EU, it has no love for the unions nor the worker, innocents have been duped into this Woodstockesque picture of the EU when it is far from that and more akin to a totalitarian social and monetary project.
Its for the big companies and nations that need a low pay workforce, the innocents are told about cheap holidays and flights and lap it up in this consumer age.

People need to learn the viewpoints of their traditional parties and see how far politics has lost its way.

So to sum up its a workers struggle for protection, wages, continued recognition of unions, the working classes and the fight against the right wing EU.

Read in here for companies saying it could help, this was always the plan (I said this all along) as Merkel knew she had a huge issue with a labour shortage in Germany (600,000 people approx.) and how many economic migrants have made their way there?

Big business and the EU working in harmony.

Well SOG, not all of us were able to decide whether we wanted to be in the EU first time round.

At the moment, I’m on the Brexit train, but that could change if I am compelling evidence to the contrary.

Personally for me it hinges on staying in the European Single Market. If we do, which I expect we will pay to do, then I am happy to leave the EU and the regulations it imposes.

Have to say this is bollocks with the greatest of respect, things change all the time.

Should the Scots not have a vote of their future in the UK?

Were British for fuck`s sake

Out of Europe if you want to be in Europe move there.

Oh yeah. And Rupert MUrdoch being a massive cunt always helps to sway me one way or another:

Problem with that is if you want to carry on trading with the EU from the outside, you still have to follow the regulations. You just have no voice in shaping them.

Baffles me when brexiters point at Norway, who hate their relationship with the EU for that very reason.

Fuck me. It’s the Oriental Alpine.

The Phil Collins of the Philippines, if you will.

4 Likes

Switzerland have very few of the regulations mind…

The other favourite.

is that the sort of country you’d want? Everything ridiculously expensive and an economy entirely dependant on banks, and holding money from dodgy crooks the world over.

I’ll pass on that one thank you.

1 Like

This is a difficult one as there is little independent info and much of what we hear is just guesswork.

My own guess is that if we leave, the rest of Europe will drop us like a stone and trading with France and Germany will suddenly become very difficult - whteher other markets open up is another guess.

Our relationship with the US will also alter as we would be of little use to them in influencing European policy.

I did see a worrying mention the other day of European legislation being the main thing protecting UK employment rights at the moment, but I don’t know if that is true or just more spin.

So I’d need to see some pretty good FACTS to make me want to leave - and I don’t mean made-up Daily Mail scare stories as any exit argument that leads with the words border or immigration tends to be aimed at enraging simpletons.

This ‘brexit’ portmanteau is doing my head in.

1 Like

Yeah, cos the banking led economy was a result of not being in the EU. They’ve been doing that since the middle ages.

*Vomits everywhere*

I say the Sun should shut their cake hole… Or just fucking shut!

1 Like

The Express has brought out the big guns, literally…

Apparently the nasty EU is going to close the British Army!

It must be true and not totally fabricated for shock effect as it has anonymous people quoted.

The worst bit is that they think we are so so thick we will believe this.

No, actually the worst bit is that thousands of people in the UK are that thick.

3 Likes

Does anyone actually still read the Express?

Sadly they do - and their votes are worth the same as yours and mine.

We really need to introduce some form of basic IQ test at the door of Polling Stations.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, Rallyboy, IQ has no correlation to common sense!