Elections to the Sotonians Soviet

11 Likes

I wonder what the longest gap between Polling and Announce Results is in all Electoral History? Even in ancient greece when you had to carve ur vote on a stone tablet, and have a pigeon drag it to athens, they used to get it settled in a Week.

3 Likes

Let’s face it, this is the only election that really matters. Fuck strong and stable leadership, we demand anarchic and despotic leadership NOW!

4 Likes

Can we not?

I come on here to get away from the real world mate.

4 Likes

chill gang.

Pap needs to delay the results another few weeks so he can give his BFF a job after the election.

Let’s face it, we all know he’ll need one. Just who gets the honour of standing aside for Jezza

2 Likes

I have already started acting like a Soviet leader. I have bought a bear fur hat and killed 3,000 of my own people since the election.

2 Likes

The original Soviets have been massively done up by history.

They pre-dated the Bolsheviks, and were organised councils designed to get concessions from the Provisional Government. There were shitloads of them, and they’d often be in utter conflict with each other as well as the Provisional Government. They did not all share the same ideology,

After the Bolsheviks stormed to power, they put their people into the Soviets, infiltrating and utterly undermining them, eventually transforming them into vehicle of legitimacy, a means of controlling dissent, and the actual basis of their national structure, important enough to be included in the name of the country.

I am entirely prepared for a @tokyo-saint ascension to the Soviet. The icepick-proof helmet arrived just this morning.

1 Like

And this is you modelling it

4 Likes

How can you be so cruel, @btripz ?

That’s my taller brother, you cunt :lou_lol:

2 Likes

Interesting stuff Pap, tell me more about the history of krepostnoi krestyanin and their accent into becoming ‘the soviet’. While you are boring the forum, I will be replacing my icepick with an armour piercing version.

4 Likes

Somebody pass the popcorn. :lou_lol:

1 Like

Spent hours on this last night, so I’m shamlessly bumping it up a page :lou_lol:

1 Like

Why can’t your hands be used, @lifeintheslowlane ?

I’m just on the judging panel…I will be scoring Toke’s efforts for style and penetration.

Sound like my teenage holiday to Aya Nappa.

1 Like

Seriously, if anyone should be judging this out of me and @tokyo-saint , it’s me. I called the Bellew result, not him.

I suspect I’m going to have a serious advantage in the coming years. He seemingly knows almost nothing of Rocky films, or Eddie Hearn’s apparent attempts to turn the UK into a combination of Vegas, Mickey’s Gym and WWE.

I’ll be the boxing expert for a while yet :lou_lol:

If the jury’s rigged as it seems to be, the Croquet Lawns of England will be in a ferment. :lou_angry:

Fermented lawns?

Ah so that’s how they make Brewdog

1 Like

I doubt I’ll be in the Soviet but if I do then I would like to see if we could have a way of making sure that when we start threads there are a few checks

• Well that interesting but are you sure?

• Are you really really sure you want to start that?

• Really?

• Just check again and make sure you really have thought about this?

• oh ok. You are persistent. Go for it.

3 Likes

Good to see an influx of new members over recent days huh! :slight_smile: