Eighties action films

Well as Rust Cohle and I were watching these films together in the 80s, then he’s pretty much writing for me.

A couple that I’d add that I enjoyed, but can’t really defend, are Over The Top and Kickboxer.

Influenced by these films we used to arm wrestle all the time back then, but we never went as far as dipping our fists in glue and broken glass.

1 Like

big trouble in little china

3 Likes

Originally posted by @saintbletch

Well as Rust Cohle and I were watching these films together in the 80s, then he’s pretty much writing for me.

A couple that I’d add that I enjoyed, but can’t really defend, are Over The Top and Kickboxer.

Influenced by these films we used to wrestle naked all the time back then, but we never went as far as dipping our cocks in glue and broken glass.

A revelation, but not surprizing Bletch dear boy

1 Like

Originally posted by @areloa-grandee

Influenced by these films we used to wrestle naked all the time back then, but we never went as far as dipping our cocks in glue and broken glass.

I realised that Bletch’s original quote had been deliberately (maliciously??) edited to include the words naked and cock. Then I realised the amended version was exactly how I remembered it. Apart from the broken glass. I did that. I’d do anything to win in the 80’s.

3 Likes

Originally posted by @Rust-Cohle

Originally posted by @areloa-grandee

I realised that Bletch’s original quote had been deliberately (maliciously??) edited to include the words naked and cock. Then I realised the amended version was exactly how I remembered it. Apart from the broken glass. I did that. I’d do anything to win in the 80’s.

Nothing Malicious dear Rusty, merely obliged to tell it like it was - We pride ourselves on our honesty and integrity on Papsworldwebnet, and Bletch has form for abuing the honour code

Originally posted by @sainthomo

big trouble in little china

Great movie. I think it might have been my first introduction to John Carpenter’s work. I may have been thirteen, perhaps fourteen, when I saw this for the first time.

As I’ve seen more of his work, I’ve gone back to this and loved it more. Kurt Russell just chews it up as Jack Burton, while Kim Cattrall has probably never looked finer.

Escape from NewYork

Dreamy

1 Like

I’ll let you into a secret, Gay.

When we were naked, the arm I’d wrestle with looked like a baby’s holding a jaffa orange.

2 Likes

Ahr the old ones are the best hey., Bletchy boy, Shall I just call you Uncle Monty form now on?

In this scene, Bletch badly wants Rusty

No Segal films??? I’m taking you all to the bank, the blood bank.

The Running Man is up there with Arnie’s finest of the decade. The American Ninja series is also classic 80’s action especially if you like shit acting and cheesy plots.

Would also place Highlander on the list, but not sure if it’s really an action or a fantasy film.

1 Like

For Bearsy as he likes 'em showing skin

1 Like

One or two people here spent a whole decade avoiding quality cinema.

2 Likes

Ugandan Action Cinema … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf7tv7TtOOY

2 Likes

That was awesome Ted.

Just awesome.

I particularly enjoyed VJ Emmie’s voice overs

While the guard was strolling around the car.

La, la, la, la, la…

Marvellous

La, la, la, la, la…

Contagious

In “Operation cut off the tigerz balls”

Expect the unexpectable

Supa tough. Supa deadlier.

Tiga Mafia has good panties. Move, move. Go for panties.

And there were some special, special effects.

The helicopters, in particular, made Blake’s 7 look like Avatar.

I’m with the Bear. If you haven’t got Predator or Commando on your list you’ve fucked up. As for Aliens - great film but it’s not an ‘action film’.

I’ll add Stallone’s Cobra to the list. Worth watching (again) - this film could only have been made in the 80s - it’s seriously odd.

Wargames?

Does that qualify?

idiot.

1 Like

No, but War Stories by the Starjets does.

Wargames?

Does that qualify?

Sadly, no. Being whisked around on the back of Ally Sheedy’s scooter doesn’t count as an “action movie” bletch.

Good to know.

This thread needs more rules.

It’s chaos.