"Don't tell him Pike" ! ... comedy sketches that wont go away

When I was a lad, I thought Alexei Sayle was the second least funny person on The Young Ones. His stuff never really fit. Always seemed slightly extra. I love it now.

The monologue at the end of this scene always has me in stitches.

1 Like

:lou_lol: not got much done today then SOGs

Some classics there mate … two masters to be, Cleese and Barker cutting their teeth in the same sketch !!

1 Like

Graham Norton stole the show in his appearances on Father Ted, no mean feat in that cast

Love this thread Steve. Every time I post I think of another sketch! Sadly there are a few I remember that I cant find on YouTube. Tons of stuff from Not Only But Also (Pete’n’Dud) and lots of Spike Milligan. Still, plenty to be getting on with! :lou_sunglasses:

Nice dig at Saggy Chops here. Isnt it!

1 Like

Completely cheating here, but I’ve seen a lot of love for comedy from the same era.

This is among Coogan’s best work, I reckon. Full of golden one-liners, but still has a lot of affection for its characters.

2 Likes
1 Like

After Python Eric Idle went on to do Rutland Weekend Television and from that sprang a wonderful reworking of The Beatles legend with The Rutles with some great pastiche numbers written by Neil Innes.