:dijonfco: Dijon v Saints :saints: (Friendly)

I had to check to see if you were referring to the ground or Long scoring

I hope they cleared up all the dog shit before the gameā€¦Iā€™m sure @newyorksaint will be along shortly to draw some pithy parallels . :lou_wink:

Match reportā€¦

Next upā€¦

I predict a Boufal goal fest.

2 Likes

3 or 4 of these no doubtā€¦

Heā€™s injured isnā€™t he? I thought he did something to his ankle or leg just after he arrived there.

Yeah sprained ankle

That was just Celta Vigo trying to some money back via the Insurance companies.

Im just wondering where lemina is? In terms of skill after Boufal and Tadic he must be next in line.

Word on Twitter last night was that he only trained one day so wasnā€™t ā€œmatch fitā€

Could be covert for a day trip to :westhamfc: though?

1 Like

I seem to remember MH benching him for losing possession resulting in a goal last season but after that he played in the last few games of the run in. i hope its physical and not mental in terms of match fitness other wise the skill drain is going to reach tipping piont

2 Likes

This credits us with an interestā€¦

Donā€™t know how to reconcile that one. Would he come to us? Would we want him? I just donā€™t know what to think about it

That is a Mark Hughes type of signing - English and proven.

I suspect heā€™s much better than I give him credit for but I just have him down as playing long passes for Vardy.

ā€¦which is just the sort of player we need to mix up the plays and the sort of service of which Gabbi was starved last season.

3 Likes

True.

But do we have a Vardy?

Long certainly has most of Vardyā€™s game - except for, you know, being able to score goals.

No we donā€™t but itā€™s the kind of ball Gabbi was making runs for to no avail last season. Everyone bar the manager last season could see the kind of early ball Gabbi was expecting. Gabbi and Long both run the channels or at least is a big part of their game but the mid-field had been instructed to play the ball wide to feed the physicality of Peleā€¦unfortunately he had left 18 months earlier.

4 Likes
1 Like