Crystal Palace Away Build up and Match Thread

Originally posted by @Rallyboy

I can’t see Pardew surviving another defeat - he’ll be well chuffed if he gets sacked by Saints for a second time.

Gary Jacob@ garyjacob 5h5 hours ago

Pardew admits Crystal Palace are in “mini crisis” and asked if he has to win tomorrow says he is a realist and understands the situation.

I fancy us to win this 3-1. I dont care who scores but Sims looks like he has the taste for it, assuming he plays of course. And Long, according to the law of averages, must be due a goal soon!

I dont know how to start a new thread so apologies, but I just heard Less Reed was on Talksport yesterday with Jim White talking about the game. anyone hear it??

Not everybody at the BBC has a downer on Saints

Mark Scott

Match of the Day commentator

Posted at18:38

It’s not just the damning statistics, but also Palace continuing to make the same mistakes that has put Alan Pardew’s position under severe scrutiny.

Contrary to reports, Pardew insists he hasn’t been told this is must-win for him, but another defeat laden with defensive deficiencies - especially from set-pieces - would surely leave him in serious peril.

In contrast, Claude Puel has led Southampton to the semi-finals of the EFL Cup, the brink of the Europa League knockout stage and within striking distance of the Premier League’s top six.

His successful rotation points to a well-stocked squad, while Josh Sims has shown their conveyor belt of young talent continues to tick along nicely.

Given Saints’ miserly defensive record, it’s perhaps just as well for Pardew that it’s not must-win.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Palace in control of the ball first 12 minutes. No shots yet.

20 minutes, no shots from either side.

FFS! WTF was Fraser doing there…

1 Like

2 goals in 3 minutes, FFS 2-0 to Palace, Hull all over again

:lou_facepalm_2:

We are pretty poor away. Still no shot on target.

They have had 2 shots and scored both! You need to shoot Saints.

Good job we are pretty handy at home.

ffs

We’ve not threatened at all, Palace have taken their chances. Familiar story.

Only silver lining is their capitulation against Swansea last week from a 2 goal lead. Nothing to lose, let’s fucking go for it!

1 Like

Comedy defending for both goals there.

Get the feeling it’s not going to be our day, decent free kick from JWP and the ball gets stuck under VVD’s feet. Then pings out of the box

Need to get Long on at HT to pressure their defence, Austin has been a passenger up top today. Switch to 442 with Boufal and Redmond on the wings.

Dogshit

1 Like

Fraser you fucking shanker.

And, BTW, you are allowed to come off your line.

Plenty of time. Need to get at them, they will concede and if we get one, they tend to fall apart. 2-2

Follow that up with a win on Thursday… happy days.

Pretty sure he didn’t plan on Fraser beiing a fucking lummox.

1 Like