😆 Comedy genius

1 Like

I find myself watching Hale and Pace on YouTube quite a bit. Seriously under-rated comic pairing, imo. Excellent performers. Not only does their sketch show hold up (far more hits than misses), but it’s also got a Muppets style feel about it.

Absolutely not politically correct. They’re not very nice to animals, or in this first episode, the Isle of Wight (another two to add to your death list, @halo-stickman ).

Best yet…

the ayatollah. As I flounder in the pit of despair that is my hangover, she chirps up with the immortal line " it might be an idea if you go and dig over the flower beds"

How I laughed.

1 Like

It’s a little early on a Sunday, I’m feeling a little groggy…but has pap just posted Hale and Pace in a thread called “comedy genius”

7 Likes

Nah, you’re getting confused with the time that Phil told us Katy Perry was a great talent.

Have a coffee, you’ll be fine in a bit.

The rest of us are pretending that it didn’t happen.

I thought somebody would have posted this by now :slight_smile:

https://https://twitter.com/puffpuff65/status/888791293857497088?s=09twitter.com/puffpuff65/status/888791293857497088?s=09

You need glasses RB.

I said she had a great Bum And yes in a pre PC planet I would say she was a bit of talent alright.

1 Like

The whole series of Down The Line is on YouTube now.

As previously stated, done by the makers of the Fast Show. It’s effectively an interview show, so there are a few shades of Partridge in there, but show host Gary Bellamy is more of a fretting centre-left type character.

This is one of the best episodes, in its original glory. Some very quotable lines, such as “if you said that to me in a pub, you’d be waking up surrounded by a crowd”. Remind you of anyone? :lou_sunglasses:

I’ve got the audiobook version of this. They cut the racier bits, including the two best sketches, out of that.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

The funniest show ITV ever commissioned.

Its ruthlessness is absent from TV today. Skip to 35:54 for an example.

1 Like

Over the past few weeks I’ve been rewatching curb your enthusiasm and today got to the point of watching the latest series. Ive heard it’s got very mixed reviews but I’m loving it. Over 9 series, one of the best comedies ever made.

3 Likes

THE best.

Really didn’t like it. Then my partner watched the later seasons whilst I was in same room and didn’t mind it. We started watching the first season again the other week and I am back to not enjoying it.

I am going to have to reevaluate my opinion of you now.

2 Likes
1 Like

As we’re being nostalgic for the 90’s :laughing: Bill Hicks, changed stand up comedy. He’s the most influential person in modern comedy.

2 Likes

“Pulling” which was strangely cancelled by the BBC after 2 series. One of the best written and performed comedies of recent times. Sharon Horgan is brilliant, Dennis Kelly went on to write Utopia