Classic Movie Moments

2 Likes

I’ve never actually got round to seeing Mullholland Drive, though I’ve been meaning to for years.

So with that little prompt from @saintbristol and with a day off work tomorrow, I’m going to watch it tonight !!

1 Like

Hitchcock sure knows how to build up the tension !!

Hey, go for it mate :laughing: If you haven’t seen any Lynch movies before then you may be a bit frustrated by the non-typical hollywood storytelling. It’s one of his more accessible films though imo. Just think of it as an “Innocent girl from Midwest goes to Hollywood, gets corrupted” story. Just filtered through a surrealist :zipper_mouth:

Seen enough of Lynch to know how it goes. Everything I’ve seen of his I’ve liked, which is why I’m surprised I’ve not got round to this one before. Just found a stream for it now so here goes … :lou_sunglasses:

btw. not so long ago I revisited Eraserhead, for the first time in years and it’s still the bleak, harrowing, curiosity I remembered it to be … a masterpiece

Eraserhead … According to Lynch, which is probabaly apocryphal, he wrote after falling asleep and feeling suffocated. He was an Art Student and had found out he was the father of Jennifer, he was in his early 20’s. Jennifer had a club foot. It’s not difficult to see Lynch’s state of mind. He was trapped into Fatherhood.

He felt trapped etc

Bernard Herrmann,

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Spx0NthRoVc

Great film mate. I was completely captivated all the way thru’. It did feel 2.5 hours long but not really in an overlong way, that it lost my attention. I have to confess to being a bit slow on the uptake, re. the dream /reality morph but I’d worked it out soon enough to ‘get’ the finale … it certainly got the brain ticking tho’.

FOOTNOTE

I’ve always had a bit of a thing for Naomi Watts … now I think I love her !!

… strange things going on with the font at the moment

Don’t watch this if you haven’t seen it :lou_smiley:

1 Like