šŸŽ„ Christmas

I know what Iā€™m getting for Christmas. This is largely on account of my missus, who can keep an everyday secret, just canā€™t help herself from dropping completely obvious hints during Christmas.

After today, if I dont get proper Thermal socks there will be hell to pay.
Old age eh? Actually WANTING socksā€¦

5 Likes

Iā€™ve had to give lists to people to give ideas. It will be a surprise. But quite frankly I have most things I want and find it annoying I have to give people ideas.

ā€œI am Santa Clausā€ to the tune of Iron Man by Sabbath

Classic

Iā€™ve been asking for very good quality socks for at least 5 years. A single pair and no other presents(really good socks are very expensive), but invariably get a pack of 3 average pairs and something else, because apparently they couldnā€™t just give me socks.
Iā€™m now pointing out that i will soon have enough socks for the rest of my life, so can they just spend it all on single pair.
It wonā€™t happen and iā€™ll end up buying the decent ones myself. Youā€™ll end up doing the same no doubt :wink:

1 Like

I recommend the VIP club here:

The demise of pink has ruined my sock collection

Their used to be awesome, then got a bit cheaper, then not at all

I like the look, but am looking for cashmere socks(iā€™m a bit obsessed with cashmere) for the winter. My mum seen some but has the strange idea that Ā£45 is a bit much for socks.
Iā€™ll wait until Christmas day, then go online and order the fucking things myself.

If, as i expect will happen, i might know a few decent places for socks by boxing day.
Will let you know if i find anywhere.

Iā€™m not getting socks. Nolan would be proud.

Youā€™ve let me down badly @Saint-or-sinner, I just didnā€™t see you as a decadent bourgeois fop. :lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

Spend a lot of my time outdoors, often in Wellies. Come the cold weather I wouldnā€™t be without a pair of these. https://www.bridgedale.com/710-153-explorer-heavyweight-knee

3 Likes

Give me warm comfortable feet in the winter and iā€™ll be up for anything. Iā€™ve done 3 days fishing in the middle of winter with cold feet the whole time(itā€™s all i remember about the trip).
Never again. My perseverance at the time was just stupidity. Iā€™ve learned my lesson :grin:

FB_IMG_1575670905374

2 Likes

I bet it feels pretty good to put a couple of feet inside a sheep.

Just to let you know Chris Rea is just passing through on Wadowice FM.
Should be home shortly.

1 Like

Tree is up and decorated. Drinking has started.

Had to panic buy some not great lights at 3.55pm just as shop was closing.
Now drinking mulled wine.

Got in car yesterday to go get tree
Somethings not right I say.
Flat tyre ffs no jack.tyre was fitted in February
Apparently when it gets very cold the gum they put around the tyre can go off and poof.
Bloody working all week, having to phone friends to drop jack round

Did it ever stop?