Can you separate the art from the artist?

@tokyo-saint 's quiet.

2 Likes

What levels do you want

its wrong

it’s still wrong

it would be wrong if you thought about it

it would be wrong if you watched it

it would definitely be wrong if you did it.

I have no other levels

But your haven’t said WHY it’s wrong, which is what I need for an explanation. I sense you’re struggling to think of any reasons other than your own prejudice. Explain why it’s wrong and I’ll think about changing my ways.

1 Like

Fuck.

I’ll be back in a little while, I’ve got 15 years of Word documents to change to Arial Bold.

5 Likes

To have sex with a sentient being that does not or cannot consent to said action is going to be wrong.

Because @fatso they can’t give their explicit consent, therefore it’s rape!!

1 Like

I watched That’s Life and they had a dog that could say “sausages”.

I call my penis my sausage.

2 Likes

…Phil, you’ve been hacked mate…

…and someone is posting about sexual morality using your account.

9 Likes

I have morals

and standards

a lot of them low

but they exist

but some things are even below me.

7 Likes

Can read all of the thread but think I understand it in general.

1. We all can. Tadic is very obviously a complete dick but we all want him to succeed every sat. He is not a sex offender like bletch but he is a knob and we all sing his name.

2. My mate works in video media and Spacey is well known for a) being gay and b) being a bit rapey to young men. Not to children but young guys starting out in film theatre. Very touchy feely and overly forward. Think bear at the work Christmas party.

And where do you stand* on Labrador sex?

I’ll pitch it up and you knock it out of the park.

1 Like

Biting your cock off?

And yours has been bitten off how many times?

Egon Schiele wasanother one who painting was facinating but… well er… only this one seems postable - he was also known for predator like nastiness

Many of the best artists in history were ‘tortured souls’ who did a lot of unusual and some downright disgusting stuff. There are theories that some artistic geniuses need to have a differently wired brain in order to access all that amazing creative potential.

I don’t think it makes their art any less brilliant, but it says a lot about a society that will allow this shit to go on just to get a watchable movie or a catchy album. As soon as their behaviour came to light they should have been dealt with appropriately by society.

3 Likes

“Albert Arial” convicted sado-masochist, besteo-fetishist and all round nasty piece of work.

Try “Comic Sans” :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

Bit weird that we still don’t know who the bigger villain is yet.

Kevin Spacey or Keyzer Soze.

Brian Singer was referenced in the film An Open Secret too.

When Anthony Rapp gave his account of what happened in 1985, my first thought was fucking hell, he looks young “now”. Got one of those baby faces that makes him look around ten years younger. He’s 46 and looks as if he’s in his thirties in Star Trek Discovery. I doubt he looked fourteen when he was that age.

Folk on my mother’s estate are pretty tight lipped when it comes to revealing information to the authorities. The only thing that people will grass anyone up on is suspected child abuse. No-one likes a nonce.

I expect that most can disengage from the art and the artist, but there are a fair few that can’t. I’m a huge fan of physical stuntwork, so when I’m watching movies that use a lot of it, I can’t help being taken out of the movie a little bit and thinking about the actual production. I’m sure that most will continue to see Spacey’s body of work as decent; it really is. But it’s also indelibly tainted, because you know that these stories you’re so engaged in serve as the facade that keeps serial abusers in power, and unreported.

Byron fucked his sister.

So the answer to the question is yes but you have to die first.

At least my derma-collage will be appreciated when I’m gone :lou_sad:

4 Likes