:pl: :burnleyfc: Burnley v Southampton :saintsfc: (TV - Sky)

Fucking love you you little dancers!

1 Like

Burnley away has been for the last few years one of the fixtures I least look forward to, some great grinding there to eke out the win :lou_smiley:

2 Likes

Thank fuck for that. Not pretty though

Great to win against these shithouses. Awful, awful watch.

2 Likes

I shall now have to clean, what I will now call, my Vestagaard patch…

2 Likes

You weren’t far wrong were you…

1 Like

Phew.
And well played Vestergaard

Wet sheet for Barry, clean sheet for Saints.
Romeu MOTM for me. Centre backs good too.
Djenepo was shite.

3 Likes

Played everyone. Vestergaard gets the ‘Wank’ award for his shift

2 Likes

Credit to Sky, putting Burnley v Southampton on as late kick off on a Saturday is perfect to get anyone out of the pub before 10pm

8 Likes

I think you should all thank me for :-

a) Missing the first half
b) Dropping KW-P from my Fantasy team.

5 Likes

Taking Bertrand and McCarthy out of my fantasy team has surely contributed to our clean sheet tonight, 12pts well sacrificed you’re all welcome :lou_wink_2:

5 Likes

Burnley were very poor.

Romeu MOTM for me.

We won.

Thank fuck no one had to pay to watch it.

3 Likes

Yes Bob that’s the Saints spirit we need :lou_smiley:

1 Like

Look at my poll to see what I was expecting…

Up to 15th in the table :+1:

7 Likes

Well done @Shroppie, @lifeintheslowlane, @PhilippineSaint, @Saint-Rob, @scotty and @Bucks

May your optimism live long and prosper.

5 Likes

Tbf, we never looked like losing, though we did look a bit like we were treading water in the 2nd half

2 Likes

I thought from the start Djenepo was playing to orders…cut the maverick stuff, play the percentage ball. It wasn’t his style. He has quick feet and thrives on snappy passing, the ball had no pace on it so he struggled to get it out from under his feet and got caught on the ball too often. He needs to play when we are playing well.

5 Likes

I thought that was a gritty performance compared with what usually happens when we take an early lead. After the shite we served up in the first two games I’m more than happy with that.

4 Likes