:pl: :brightonfc: Brighton v Southampton :saintsfc: (Live on :sky_logo: sports)

Seriously, I know he had a burst blood vessel in his eye but it really has affected his judgement…

Brighton v Southampton (20:00 GMT)

Southampton have got some good unsung players there including James Ward-Prowse who scored those two cracking goals against Aston Villa and grabbed another in the defeat by Manchester United last week. He’ll be a threat again against the Seagulls.

The manager has done a fabulous job and the club deserve a pat on the back for holding on to him despite that 9-0 defeat against Leicester last year.

Brighton were good against the Reds in last week’s 1-1 draw and have started to look like a decent side. I know they haven’t beaten the Saints since they came up to the Premier League but I fancy them to end that run.

Lawro’s prediction: 2-0

Sister Bliss’ prediction: This is a resort versus a port. I’m going with Brighton, because from my touring experience, they’ve got a longer stretch of sea front with a proper promenade and pier to get their aerobic exercise in beforehand. It’s great for running or roller-blading, which would add a bit of fun to training, wouldn’t it? 1-0

3 Likes

WTAF?
Some people have been in lockdown too long

I’m always happy to see Cunt Lawrenson predicting a loss for us, nine times out of ten he always gets it wrong.

4 Likes

Really fancy us for this one.

3 Likes

We usually do alright there.

Same as at their arch rivals, usually.

2 Likes

April fools day?

Straight in without a U-23 match?

If we should happen to lose by 2 goals tomorrow at least we can have some small consolation that it will send Arsenal down to 16th. Having said that I think we will win 3-1.

3 Likes

For the first game in a while the starting XI isn’t obvious. The back seven should be as usual, but forward options hinge on Danny.

He seems close to being fully fit but hasn’t had a match for over a month so I’d be surprised to see him start, but it’s not impossible. If he does, it’ll be Danny and Che, with two from Walcott, Djenepo, Redmond and Armstrong. In a way, nit a bad problem to have, and if this is the scenario, I’d guess they’ll all get some time, but which two start will be interesting. I’d go for Armstrong and Djenepo, but I think it’s a close call with Walcott.

If Danny doesn’t start, I’d assume Che and Theo up front again to start, and Armstrong with Djenepo as I think Redmond has to earn his place back.

At least we should have better bench options.

3 Likes

So apparently since the Premier league began we have amassed 997 points in the competition, if we get to 1000 tonight we will be the 11th team to achieve this.

2 Likes

And, in less positive news, we haven’t won in the PL on a Monday night since 2002. Allegedly.

2 Likes

so it’s about time that that changed then isn’t it

Brighton is almost an anagram of “Not Bright”

A Brighton fan might interject at this point and say “ha, scummer. It’s an anagram of No Bright!”

Which would not be too bright.

On the other hand, Brighton lose is an anagram of other goblins. That must mean something.

1 Like

I don’t :eyes:

Danny back and on the bench!

Strong squad.

2 Likes

That looks a better bench!

This I guessed that right. Save Danny unless we need him. And Redmond for Djenepo on 62 minutes. Diallo for Romeu once he’s got his yellow.

3 Likes

Diallo for Armstrong when we’re 3-1 up :wink:

1 Like

Just dont let Bednarek score.

Oh.
In case you wondered, I was shaved today. Well trimmed I guess.

Oh stop it.
This

A rather pleasant 90 minutes of pampering.
Hopefully, after my hand cut Striploin, BBloody Mary & cheeky little bottle of Bordeaux for dinner, Saints can provide the Happy Ending

1 Like