:brexit: Brexit - The Ramifications

https://twitter.com/davemacladd/status/1013888344412090375?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1013888344412090375&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.indy100.com%2Farticle%2Fstephen-fry-brexit-facts-remain-peoples-vote-rees-mogg-boris-johnson-8661586

1 Like

I reckon this could well happen. Tories say this is our only option then run GE campaign protesting that Labour have thwarted the ‘will of the people’.
https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1069868636368715776

edit: oops. It appears this is fake news from Laura K at the BBC.
This is an opinion NOT a ruling.
Better off relying on RT.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Kevin_Maguire/status/1069943174074957824

1 Like

Funny but a flawed analogy TBF we weren’t allowed to talk to anyone else until we had invoked article 50

True BT, but we have had a fair bit of time since then to work on global trade deals… is the absence of any ‘opportunity’ merely poor planning or symptomatic of the fact we have fuck all of interest to those outside the EU from a service perspective ? ( We seem to have fuck all of value that will generate the fabled massive improvement in our balance of trade) …

Nope. It’s our “friends and neighbours” trying to ensure no one else ever thinks of leaving.

Well, to be fair, you can’t blame the people. They didn’t elect any of the people laying gown diktats.

So, EITHER someone played a blinder last night in stitching Parliament up like a Kipper to ensure that there is no hard Brexit option, OR May has blundered down the rabbit hole and found a way out of the mess.

Interesting times. No doubt even MORE divisive to society as well.

I really don’t get this line of thinking. I say again, no deal is the default option. Any other option is both unlikely to command a Parliamentary majority and unable to get the assent of the European Union.

In other words, unlikely to be agreed.

If it is unlikely to be agreed, then we’re back to no deal.

Unless our wonderful MPs vote to revoke A50 as is being hinted at as an option by the EU legal eagles

I find it a little odd that ‘no deal’ is considered a default option… a little bit of historic revisionism I think, as most Brexiteers when challenged pre Referendum about likely economic impact of Brexit were quick to reassure folks that A Brexit deal would be reached that would ensure stability and opportunity for the economy… a no deal scenario was never presented as a desired or likely outcome.

Only after the result did the Brexit hardliners see a no deal outcome as another way to further disrupt and destabilise the government - encourage deeper division and look to be ready for the power vacuum… on the left, no deal is a perfect outcome to force a GE which they think they can then go and win…

… I repeat this again, this whole farce has been the result of tory infighting and selfish positioning. The people of this country used as pawns in the game. The shameful misrepresentation of democracy. Both main parties now seeing this as a way to bring about governmental change

It’s far from historical revisionism on the part of Leave voters.

The present anti-democratic crowd are keen on pretending it was all written in pencil tho’.

So in your world a referendum on such a life changing decision for the country based on lies, misinformation and undisguised racism is democracy, but allowing another vote when people have facts and understand what the implications of the way they vote will mean is anti-democracy? Behave yourself!

1 Like

The problem with your stance is that you’re misbehaving yourself.

Racists, 33m thick cunts that can’t sniff out when a politician is lying.

Fuck me, it’s the Anti-Democratic Bingo Trope card!

Back at you, miscreant. You can debate better than this.

Nope…just enough to swing the vote.

1 Like

1.3 million?

And of course, no-one was frightened into voting Remain, or lied to by that campaign’s proponents.

It’s ridiculous, and if the purpose of this tactic is to make Leave voters look unintelligent, it’ll only ever achieve the opposite.

It is a stupid fucking argument advanced by too many supposedly clever people.

Really? I didn’t realise. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

Honestly sir, I would be embarrassed to be reduced to having that as my “pro-Remain” argument.

The astonishing thing is that it still seems to be the only argument the anti-democrats have left.

“Leavers are stupid”

Without, of course, understanding the fundamental tenets of democracy, such as the idea that without implementation, it’s just a fucking opinion poll.

Couldn’t make it up, etc.