Brentford V Saints Pre-season -Match thread

2:2 FT

Marginally better than last week.

…got to do better

Clearly Bertrand used the game as an opportunity for a free ride to West London.

Him not getting on this afternoon is not going to help make the exit rumours go away anytime soon.

I saw the replay on that second Brentford goal and it looked like a straightforward catch for Forster…straight into his hands??? How did that end up in the goal.

Good - Stephens and Charlie

Bad - Pied and Hoyberg

Ugly - Gardos

Not sure I saw any difference in system but the areas to strengthen are clear.

Just for Fraser on the bus home

Fraser seemed put off by the Brentford player jumping into him.

While it was a foul as the guy made no challenge for the ball, I’d prefer a keeper who came out and clattered any fucker who wants to get in the way, and FF has the physique to do that.

He needs to toughen up.

Brentford look a really tidy side (trying not to sound too patronising).

Disappointed with the tempo we’re playing at although it is preseason. That said it’s preseason for Brentford too and they were right on it.

Charlie looks like he’s lost a few pounds and still really knows how to finish.

Fraser… Fraser…is our number one so will enjoy my total faith and support.

I am at the Hole in the wall pub by Waterloo and I spy saints fans.

1 Like

I thought we picked up the pace well in the first 20 minutes of the second half…found our men well and applied pressure on the opposition all over the park. Substitutions disrupted things after that but there were signs we will be a slick passing side. I was encourged after another dour first half.

Preseason is and always has been a little bit pants really hasn’t it.

1 Like

Is it really just a year ago? - and here we are with most of the team now in China raising cash for our honourable new owners…

1 Like