Bletch's test thread

It has a “spoiler text” remover too.

For example?

Unless you have an android phone, fat fingers or the link is more than one line long

Wow I was just being techie

Discourse also allows you to insert a poll anywhere in a thread…

Poll voting - geddit?

If you want to find a post again, you can bookmark it so you can easily return to it at a later date.

First I will search within the current thread and then bookmark one of the most hilarious posts I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

Don’t know about the fat fingers but on Android (and other OSs I should imagine) native editing works, so you just long press in the edit box and hit paste!!

1 Like

I don’t believe any of this

2 Likes

I’m glad you asked, son.

On a thread by thread bases, you can specify how you want Discourse to keep you updated about the goings on on that thread.

You can choose between the follow levels:

These notifications will appear in the top righthand corner under your profile.

You can also specify that you want to receive email notifications - if you’re arguing with someone on a subject you feel really passionate about - deep-fried Mars bars perhaps?

Personal messages and mentions also appear there too.

Hey @saintbletch none of those YouTube links are working for me (on my work computer at least).

:lou_facepalm_2: Good grief…none of the fuckin’ YouTube links are working. Is this a sample of our brave new forum platform. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

Cheers, Bob.

I had you, and only you on my exclusion list*.

Can you try again?

*I may have marked them private when I uploaded them. It might work now they are unlisted.

1 Like

How about a nice big cup of shut the fuck up?

Everyone’s a critic nowadays.

How about a bit of support for someone trying to do something, albeit ultimately flawed, to entertain you whilst someone else wipes your arse in your dotage.

3 Likes

Working now :lou_lol:

1 Like

I don’t have to sit here and take that kind of ageist abuse…I can get better down my local. :lou_angry:

2 Likes

Ok, here I’m going to try the impossible.

I’m going to try to find the most liked post by @pap on the subject of Brexit that I also liked.

A drum roll please…

So, what’s in it for us (Got bored halfway down the first page)?

I am interested in the ‘muted’ functionality Bletch. Let’s say Barry is going on about some EDL stuff or you are talking like a travelling forum salesman, can I just mute that conversation or that person in general or if I am feeling really sexy, both?

Yeah right, it will be like the bloody iPhone “her siri order my wife some flowers for my anniversary” then the day arrives and I get the blame for siri’s failings.

“Your” anniversary would be your birthday. You should have said “our anniversary”.

1 Like

No, you can mute a topic or even a complete category (Reasonably serious…, Monkey tennis…) but you can’t mute an individual user.

However, the forum software handles lots of moderation tasks for you.

So, if, a specific poster were getting lots of downvotes, the forum software picks up on this and removes their ability to post for a short while, a long while, or forever.