Black and White Stripes V Red and White Stripes

MOTD pundits pretty damming about us, our performance and chances of staying up. Jenas says we were borderline disgraceful and players just stopped trying. Pellegrino sounding defeated. Hoibjerg unable to speak proper sentences such was his shame. It really stinks of a team going down. Pellegrino clearly hasn’t future here, is unable to influence the players or a games so don’t see the point of him staying any longer.

1 Like

I’m still fuming this morning.

Look. MoPe is not at fault for Cedrics’ WOEFUL attempt at a challenge after 15 seconds.

Yet he is at fault for the mentality that let Carillo to attempt a woeful backwards pass in their half at the start of the build up.

He is not at fault for Leminas’ horrific air shot that led to their second.

One an experienced Pro one a nipper learning the game.

MoPe is not responsible for the fact that we have no Leaders in our squad.

It is not un-noticeable that our better players this year played very little under Purl.

It IS very noticeable that again we had 63% possession. Again the endless fear of losing the ball meant we offered no threat. That 2nd goal would never be scored by us. We’ have recycled the ball back to McArthy.

Changing manager will do nothing IF the players are so heavily programmed. In fact despite our PR about squad quality in every game you can trace goals to individual mistakes all the way back Davis at Watford even F2 every game.

We have not acknowledged the fact that we make mistakes and get slammed yet so rarely exploit mistakes by others.

Mistakes come from kids playing with fear or restrictions.

Football is awful at the moment. Sport Science and Stats have ruined it and fans are disgruntled WHU Arsenal are examples.

Passion has gone from the game and been replaced by precision.

Forget the woeful ineptness of MoPe and the fact is our players cannot do simple things like head the ball - Boufal last week, stand strong - Cedric yesterday, control the ball - Lemina.play football - Carillo.

MoPe must go today gives Jaidi and Kelvin 3 weeks to get SOME pride into the team.

But the players have been let down by our policy of kids.

When the main debate after the game is how badly we needed a JonJo Shelvey in the side you know it is too late.

Hapless and Helpless. Only thought for Les & Ralph now is WHO can get a win for us in our next game away to WHU. MoPe won’t and if we cannot we are gone.

6 Likes

Our club has become a bunch of Avocado eating Snowflakes.

All of them are more gutless and more disappointing to watch than an Austin Allegro.

And as fvcking reliable as one.

1 Like

If a useless bellend could see the team wasn’t arsed in October than that is a damning indictment on others knowledge on here and elsewhere, we’ve been served up 2 years of shite football and we until now say its ok theres more to life, we’re in the Premiership lifes rosy, dining at the top table etc etc fuck that.
The whole club is rotten and rotten to the core.

How did Gao manage to buy the club on money he hasn’t got?

Why did Liebherr sell it?

Why hasn’t Kruegar told Reed to do his job?

Why hasn’t Reed done his job?

Why hasn’t Pellegrini been sacked when he is the worst manager in our hisotry?

If we go down and I now think we’re 99% down we’re fucked, we’ve an owner who has no money and a clueless board who have no acumen or genuine football experience, Les Reed you say? If the cunt was any good he would have gone as well like our players, if anyone is any good they fuck off as we can’t wait to sell the cunts.

#wemarchon

#beensellingsince1885

#lethargic

2 Likes

That performance tells me that we need to change our manager.

Despite our negative approach to games this season, I’ve always seen the players play as a team and for Pellegrino.

Yesterday they didn’t.

When we previously lost games or failed to win games I could point to chances not taken or individual errors.

They crossed a line yesterday and gave themselves permission to not believe in the coach, his players, his tactics - his team.

Yesterday they became a squad of individuals and that is why they need someone who can make them a team again.

The timing is perfect with 3 weeks until the next Premier League game and a warm up game we can '‘afford’ to lose against Wigan.

So I fully expect Pellegrino to be here for the rest of the season.

11 Likes

To be fair, Bazza, you’ve been saying this on electronic forums for years. Thats why you’ve been hounded from them or banned or both.

You said it through the promotions to the Prem, you said it through European football, you said it through cup finals and finishing in the top 8.

Your negativity keeps you safe.

Ifyou don’t dare to believe, to love or to see the beauty of the world then you’ll never be able to be disappointed when that beauty is taken from you.

Safe.

But sad.

7 Likes

At east I’m gonna be able to watch mre golf now I don’t need to watch the last few games of the season…

Meanwhile, assuming MoPe* takes us to a Cup Final what are the odds on Bazza needing a ticket?

* 1) He won’t be sacked

*2) We won’t win a Cup Game let alone 2

Daring to believe is one thing but believing in

Consistent European fooball? How?

Producing players consistently? How?

That has always been my main points on contention and how dreamland and bollocks they were and are, people wanted to believe so they allowed themselves to be children at Christmas again, reality went to pot.

Fuck that, we’re Southampton and we don’t have the money to retain our players let alone progress, not negativity simply reality, we’re Southampton and thats it.

I had the pleasure of Bletch’s company yesterday as we watched the game. The teams performance was worthy of our contempt and fortunately when called upon, our cynical humour pulled us through the full 90 minutes.

He’s (pellegrino) got to go urgently. Yes he’s nice and all that but ultimately in a role that called for positive, aggressive and attacking football whilst blooding youth, he’s fucking shite. Yep, He’s fucking awful. A 16% win record with a squad superior to some of our previous managers is just not acceptable. He’s scared the positivity out of them.

He should’ve gone in January in my humble opinion but hey the ghostly presence of VVD allowed him more time. Well Virge has been gone a while now and stats may say different but I don’t think we’ve improved significantly if at all.

As I was saying to his Bletchiness yesterday, I can’t get my head around Gao seemingly gambling on a glorified health and safety exec to stop his investment quartering in value. Odd.

I’m sure he’ll stay.

4 Likes

If we don’t want to pay compensation right now, then put the guy on gardening leave until the end of the season. Bringing in someone from outside at this late stage would most likely be a disaster and another costly exercise.

once we know what division we are going to be in, we can make a more informed decision. Who knows, the 3 teams beneath could somehow accumulate no more points than we do.

The silence from within the club is deafening.

1 Like

Ouch

I have never ever tried to be as blindly optimistic as I have been this season. I have found that it doesn’t work. It’s as simple as that!

2 Likes

A club yes man until the tide turned totally yesterday.

1 Like

Blind optimism is for religious folk, we’re Southampton as we’re shit, I accept that but what I can’t accept is people thiniing we aren’t shit when we plainly are, our dreams were shit as they weren’t accountable nor were they realistic, dreams and goals have to be achievable regardless of time, did anyone ever think champions league football or europa would happen consistenly? Who the fuck would drop ou of the top 6/7 for that fuck wit dream to happen?

Any bellend believeing that and believing selling your best players and using #wemarchon is going to work to gain and establish european football is not only a clueless wanker they’re a danger to society.

We’re Southampton and we’ve always been shite.

Fuck off barry

we have not always been shite. If you truly believe that then you really are a stupid cunt.

2 Likes

I find if you carry that trough to your daily life, by and large it’s a recipe for a happy existence…salted with a touch of reality of course.

The hiccup of a season of football where you experience much the same as most other football supporters, (several times during their lifetimes) the disappointment lasts until the first new player is signed and the ones who’ve cruelly let you down have departed. Hope springs eternal…OK we might be in a lower division but the excitement of a new season with new possibilites is with us again. I’ll always look forward to a new season…wherever we are. :lou_lol:

3 Likes
2 Likes

We have always been shite, always glorious losers, I accept this, you can’t seem to, even when we were at our best we came 2nd and fucked that year up.

He isn’t wrong though and up here and in less patient places shall i say passions would have run far higher far sooner, we are shit and the management, players and board need to be told, they can get to fuck with their patronising #wemarchon, we don’t don’t march on do we? They fuck off after 90 minutes of being shite in their bubble and have a bottle of champagne or setag team select beer and fuck a whore in a moderate suburban hotel or even a tag team event, they couldn’t give a fuck about us so why the fuck should we give a shit about these cunts who’d leave at the first opportunity if they could as they can at least see were fucking rotten to the core.

You mean propaganda by the club, I can tell you one thing, I have only spoke to one person who’d defo renew regardless, Reed, Kruegar, Lander and Liebherr and obviously Pellegrini need to go, next season will see a protest of non renewel and home stay aways with the usual club screams of we need you, they should have thought about that when they tried to scrimp and save the last 2 years, Les and Ralph, you couldn’t make it up.