The Automatic Saints News Thread

Sourced from Daily Echo

Alderweireld future could be resolved next week

SAINTS remain optimistic of beating Tottenham to the signing of Toby Alderweireld - with the player’s future likely to become clear next week.

The club remain in discussions with Atletico Madrid over a permanent move for the Belgium international, who enjoyed a spectacular loan spell at St Mary’s last season, but they face significant competition from Spurs.

Atletico, who are now understood to be willing to sell, are due back for pre-season training on Wednesday and there is an expectation that a decision could be made by the end of next week, if not by the time they actually return.

The Spanish club’s position on Alderweireld had been a little unclear so far this summer, and they were widely reported to be trying to use him as a make-weight in a deal for Chelsea’s Filipe Luis.

However, with no luck on that front, and with the player himself keen to find regular football elsewhere, they are now said to have decided that they will sell.

Saints and Tottenham are believed to be the two main suitors, and the ideal scenario for Alderweireld is that he will make a return to the Premier League.

Interestingly, both clubs appear confident that the player favours a move to them.

Alderweireld is certainly on record as saying he would like to stay at Saints, and his representatives are understood to have also made positive noises towards the club at the end of last season.

Spurs do have the attraction of being able to partner Alderweireld with his international teammate, Jan Vertonghen, at the heart of defence, and are hopeful he will see London as a more convenient base.

Saints did possess an option to buy Alderweireld for £6.8m, as part of the loan deal that took him to St Mary’s last year.

However, Atletico had the ability to cancel that by paying £1.5m to Saints, and, with Alderweireld’s stock having risen, that is a course of action they are unsurprisingly taking.

They are likely to want nearer to double that amount before allowing the 26-year-old to discuss terms with another club.

With both Saints and Spurs expected to have the spending power to afford Alderweireld, it may well come down to a straight choice for the player.

If it does, Saints will hope that suits them.

Ronald Koeman said earlier this week: “The player likes to stay, we like to keep the player but it’s a little difficult at the moment with Atlético Madrid. I have a good hope he will stay for Southampton.”

Sourced from Daily and Sunday Express

Saints keeper Kelvin Davis discusses Man United target Morgan Schneiderlin’s future

Nathaniel Clyne has already secured his move to Liverpool, while Manchester United have their eye on France international Morgan Schneiderlin.

While Southampton have yet to receive an official offer for the 25-year-old, Davis is confident the structure in place at St Mary’s will help them cope with the departure of midfield talisman.

Sourced from Adelaide United - Official Site

Reds sign former Chelsea and Southampton youth

After attracting widespread interest during his early footballing years, Mells left Australia at the age of 12 to sign for Chelsea FC’s youth team and later moved to fellow English Premier League outfit, Southampton, when he was 14.

Mells grabbed the attention of United officials due to his great technical skills and the invaluable experience he’s gained during his time in the United Kingdom, giving him a great football base.

During his time overseas, Mells earned himself national youth team call-ups from both Australia and Greece, and represented Australia’s U17 Joeys side, as well as Greece’s U17s in their UEFA European Championship qualifiers.

Speaking to the Club following the signing of his contract, Mells said the style of Adelaide’s football was one of the most influencing factors in his decision to join the Reds.

“It’s a fantastic feeling to have signed for Adelaide,” Mells said. It’s a great opportunity for me to finally play some senior football and the Club have a great philosophy especially with the Spanish influence through the coaching staff.

“When I spoke to Josep it was clear that he promotes a very Spanish-like style, which is the type of game that suits me and it was one of the main reasons why I chose to come to Adelaide.

“It’s a very strong team and I’m honoured that the Club has given me a place in the team for this season and I’m looking forward to having another successful season like they did last season.

“I want to make as many appearances as I can in the first-team and I want to have a big impact on the squad.

“Now is the right time for me to start stepping into senior football and I feel Adelaide is the best place for me to do that.”

Reflecting on his time with English giants, Chelsea and Southampton, Mells also explained how vital his time with the two clubs was in his development.

“Since leaving Australia, my game has grown immensely because I left at a very young age and I’ve been able to experience two very good clubs in England where I’ve been able to learn off some fantastic players and coaches,” Mells said.

“When I was at Chelsea, we got to meet all the first-team players and I got to speak with Frank Lampard quite a bit. He’s someone I play in a similar position to and I always used to watch Frank at training to see what he was doing and I’ve picked up a lot of things just by watching him from day-to-day.

“At Southampton I had the opportunity to train with the first-team a few times and I picked up a lot from players like Adam Lallana, Morgan Schneiderlin, and Rickie Lambert.

“Even Southampton’s manager at the time, Mauricio Pochettino, was someone I was very close with and I used to speak to and get advice from often.”

United’s Chief Executive Officer, Michael Petrillo, said he is very pleased that the Club has been able to attract such a talented and young player to Adelaide.

“I think it’s a great credit to our coaching staff and football programme that a young, talented Australian player such as George has chosen to further his football career with us,” Petrillo said.

“George impressed our coaches in his two trials here and there was no hesitation in offering him a contract as he will undoubtedly bolster our midfield ranks this season.”

George MELLS

Date of Birth: 23 May 1997 (18-years-old)

Place of Birth: Melbourne, Australia

Position: Central Midfield

Sourced from Sports Mole

Ferdinand backs Schneiderlin pursuit

Rio Ferdinand has backed Manchester United’s pursuit of Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, claiming that he would give the Red Devils a much-needed steel.

Speculation is rife that United will sign the 25-year-old this summer but they reportedly saw a £20m bid knocked back on Friday.

Saints boss Ronald Koeman has recently revealed that no “serious” bid has been lodged for the Frenchman, but Ferdinand urges his former club to sign him.

“He’s a player who could add something to United, a bit of steel, can pass the ball and play it through the lines from back to front,” he was quoted as saying by The Metro.

"I think he’s a good player, a good addition to the squad, especially if someone like [Michael] Carrick, who is so influential for United, gets injured.

“I think this guy can step in and help buffer that. I think he’s a very good, talented player.”

Schneiderlin, whose contract expires in 2017, started 26 games for Southampton last season.

Sourced from Bleacher Report

Ferdinand Fuels Schneiderlin Rumours

Manchester United club legend Rio Ferdinand has fuelled rumours that Morgan Schneiderlin is due to sign for the Red Devils, saying, “It looks like it is going to be done.”

Will Giles of Metro.co.uk quoted the former England captain speaking about the Southampton midfielder’s prospective move to Old Trafford on his YouTube channel:

He’s a player who could add something to United, a bit of steel, can pass the ball and play it through the lines from back to front. I think he’s a good player, a good addition to the squad, especially if someone like [Michael] Carrick, who is so influential for United, gets injured. I think this guy can step in and help buffer that. I think he’s a very good, talented player.

The player has been a target for many of the top teams in the Premier League, with rumours United are ready to make their move.

Saints manager Ronald Koeman has hinted the north-west giants have sounded him out about the player, but he is prepared to play the waiting game, as reported by Colin Harvey of the Daily Star. “We have the situation with Morgan Schneiderlin, we will have to wait [to see] what will happen,” Koeman said. “Until now, we have not had a serious bid for him from Manchester United.”

Koeman’s wording is interesting, using the phrase “serious bid” without fully confirming talks with Louis van Gaal. However, Ferdinand’s feeling that a deal is almost done gives the potential transfer even more credibility.

Harvey reports Koeman wants roughly £25 million for his marquee player, and in today’s market, that price could be deemed as value for money. The France international has excellent acumen at the Premier League level, and at 25 years old, he has years ahead of him and time to further improve.

Schneiderlin was the catalyst behind much of Southampton’s brilliant run in the EPL last term, featuring in 26 matches and scoring four times, per WhoScored.com.

His defensive qualities are balanced with a box-to-box engine, and he is just the type of player United are crying out for.

Importantly, his value is well within United’s preferred price range and one of the biggest clubs in the world should have enough pull to get him.

With tennis high on the agenda of every British sports fan at present, both Schneiderlin and Bayern Munich’s Bastian Schweinsteiger have been spotted in London attending Wimbledon—placing them at the heart of the capital, where much of United’s financial business is conducted.

Stuart Mathieson of the Manchester Evening News speculated that Van Gaal could sign the pair, even though they play in very similar positions on the park.

Mathieson also quoted Schneiderlin namedropping the German when describing his favourite players, seeing the Bayern veteran as a “role model” footballer:

Everybody praises Xavi, Busquets, Scholes, Schweinsteiger. Why? Wait, I’m not comparing myself to them, they are all extraordinary players, but I try to imitate what makes the best players. They make [10-yard] passes and they run, run and run again. They make short passes to start a movement and they create something. Some might say that I’m something hidden in the shadow. I love to make good passes and move on the field.

With eight Bundesliga titles to his name, Schweini would bring experience and knowledge to United’s midfield, which has been littered with the likes of Anderson and Tom Cleverley in recent incarnations.

Indeed, both the German and Schneiderlin are very similar in their approach, but depending on Van Gaal’s formation for next season, both could be vital squad components.

At 30 years old, there is still plenty left in Schweinsteiger’s tank, and he would help alleviate the over-reliance on Michael Carrick—who is three years older.

United need a fierce and intelligent midfield for next season, and with pre-season around the corner, Van Gaal needs to get his business done as quickly as possible.

Sourced from The Sport Review

Arsenal transfers: Five midfielders Arsene Wenger should target | Football

In light of a £20m bid from Manchester United being rejected, just as the deal looked to be imminent, Arsenal could still have a chance of signing Morgan Schneiderlin – even if it’s an outside chance. Arsene Wenger would have to be willing to fork out more than what United offered but what they would be getting is one of the Premier League’s best defensive midfielders, with his home-grown status an alluring added bonus. Schneiderlin enjoyed another stellar season for Southampton, continuing the solid partnership formed with Victor Wanyama during the 2013-14 season. The midfielder loves a challenge, whether it be on the ground or in the air, and this has got him into trouble at times but the pros outweigh the cons. If Arsenal were to somehow prise this deal away from United, it would be a great signal of intent for the London club.

Regarded as one of the best holding midfielders in La Liga, Sevilla’s lynchpin proved integral as his side finished just shy of the Champions League spots last season. At 6ft 1ins and of a decent build, Krychowiak would add real physical presence to an Arsenal midfield that is largely composed of smaller and more nimble players. He is one of many tough tacklers that Arsenal need to target to compete with the resurgent Francis Coquelin. A £12m bid from Southampton was rejected earlier in the year by Sevilla, who are keen to keep hold of the man they bought from Stade de Reims for a now eye-wateringly low price of £3.5m last summer – however the player does have a £21m release clause, so should Arsene Wenger rise to meet that valuation then he has the chance to sign a quality holding midfielder with plenty of years ahead of him.

Perhaps the biggest name on the list, the midfield maestro is arguably at the peak of his powers at 29 and with only a year left remaining on his current deal, a move away appears to be plausible. While Arsenal have been mainly linked with teammate Arturo Vidal, a move for Marchisio appears to be a more realistic prospect due to contract talks apparently stalling. Having won the Serie A with Juventus for the fourth consecutive year, he may be looking for pastures new, having spent nine years in Turin. The Italian is a versatile player most-suited in the middle of the pitch as an energetic box-to-box midfielder, but he has featured in a deeper role on a number of occasions for his club as well as out wide on either flank. Boasting a great pedigree, being an established international and a seasoned Champions League veteran, Marchisio would be a marquee signing for the Gunners which would further solidify the heart of the squad.

The Bender twins, Lars and Sven, have been consistently linked with Arsenal for the last few years, and if either of them are to move this summer it would be the latter. The commanding Borussia Dortmund man has two years left on his current deal and, after BVB’s disappointing campaign last season, might be looking for a new challenge – and where better than at Arsenal, a team that looks to be on the right track after years of being in the doldrums. If Bender were to pay the £20m plus that Dortmund quote Bender as being worth, they would be getting a keen tackler and physical presence with an eye for a pass and with Dortmund entering the uncertain post-Klopp era, now might be the best time for Arsenal to pounce.

The 23-year old enjoyed a good year as he broke into both the Sporting Lisbon side and the Portuguese national team. He also helped his country’s Under-21 side to the European championship final where they lost on penalties, with William Carvalho missing one. Despite this he was voted player of the tournament, quite a feat for a defensive midfielder. Carvalho’s physicality speaks for itself – at over six feet tall and with an impressive physical build, the Angolan-born anchor is a real presence on the field. He is also good at distributing the ball from deep, and would fit well into Arsenal’s pass-focused mechanic. He is by no means Patrick Vieira but one can see similarities – Arsene Wenger helped mould the prolific Frenchman, perhaps he could do the same for Carvalho.

Get enhanced odds of 18/1 on Andy Murray to win Wimbledon or 10/1 on Novak Djokovic when you open a Paddy Power account.

MORE: Get £20 free when you bet £5 with Paddy Power

MORE: All of today’s football transfer gossip

Sourced from Hotspur HQ (Weblog)

Tottenham Have James McCarthy on their Radar

With Tottenham not able to get Morgan Schneiderlin, an alternative is in place.

Everton’s James McCarthy is a player Tottenham are keen on signing per the Daily Mail.

The club has shown interest in him dating back to 2013 when he was still playing for Wigan. Unfortunately, Tottenham would miss out on signing McCarthy when he decided to join Everton instead.

Since Mauricio Pochettino’s preferred target, Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin, is looking set to join Manchester United very soon — assuming Louis van Gaal doesn’t low-ball the Saints again — any chances of signing the French international looks to be about officially over. They had a chance last year, but botched the offer.

Now Tottenham are turning their attention to the 24-year-old Irish international.

Of course trying to pry McCarthy away from Goodison Park won’t be that easy.

A looming concern for Tottenham is the fact that James McCarthy still has three years left on his contract. Obviously the Toffees will refuse to sell one of their best players.

Since arriving to Goodison Park, James McCarthy has become a crucial key player in Everton’s midfield after showcasing to be be a very effective midfielder especially, when it comes to passing.

In 28 appearances with Everton last season, he created 16 chances. When compared to the duo at Tottenham (Nabil Bentaleb and Ryan Mason) via Squawka, he’s nearly identical to Bentaleb and a little better than Mason except for chances created.

Tottenham is looking to offer Aaron Lennon and Younès Kaboul plus lots of cash.

The hope is, that with rumors suggesting McCarthy is currently unsettled at Goodison Park after having no new negotiations started for a better contract, a deal could be reached. However, it wouldn’t be surprising to see Tottenham actually decide to end negotiations and pull out of this if a bidding war surfaces.

It appears that James McCarthy is open to talking with Tottenham if a fee was agreed.

There’s a chance that he could switch Goodison Park to White Harte Lane, but until Everton agree on the proposed deal, then this is just a rumor worth following until something official happens.

In any event, Tottenham have moved on from Morgan Schneiderlin for James McCarthy.

Sourced from Squawka

Ferdinand: Schneiderlin to Man Utd is expected to happen

Morgan Schneiderlin’s move to Manchester United ‘looks like it’s going to be done’, according to former Red Devils defender Rio Ferdinand, as reported by the Metro.

Louis van Gaal’s side are now leading the race to sign the France international midfielder from Southampton this summer, with domestic rivals Arsenal having cooled their interest in the central midfield star.

Former Man Utd defender Ferdinand is excited by the prospect of Schniederlin arriving at Old Trafford and believes the deal to bring him is very close to completion for a fee in the region of the £20 million.

“£20-something million, it looks like it’s going to be done,’ he said on his YouTube channel.

“He’s a player who could add something to United, a bit of steel, can pass the ball and play it through the lines from back to front.

“I think he’s a good player, a good addition to the squad, especially if someone like [Michael] Carrick, who is so influential for United, gets injured.

“I think this guy can step in and help buffer that. I think he’s a very good, talented player.”

Southampton manager Ronald Koeman says the Saints are yet to recieve what he called a ‘serious offer’ from Man Utd but has admitted that Schneiderlin will be allowed to leave St. Mary’s if the club are satisfied with the conditions of the transfer.

Reports from L’Equipe last week claimed that Man Utd had agreed a four-year deal with the Frenchman.

Morgan Schneiderlin completed 16 out of 22 take-ons for Southampton in the Premier League last season.

Sourced from Cartilage Free Captain (Weblog)

Battle for Spurs-linked Belgian heats up as Atletico buys out Southampton loan

It’s on like Donkey Kong.

Tottenham Hotspur got a huge boost in its pursuit of Atletico Madrid defender Toby Alderweireld, if the Mirror is to believed. There’s a report today that the Spanish club has backed out of its loan agreement with Southampton, meaning that Alderweireld will be sold to the highest bidder.

Atletico Madrid had a deal to loan Alderweireld back to Southampton, but could back out of that deal by paying Soton £1.5m, which is what they have allegedly done. This is big for a couple of reasons: 1) it means that Spurs is likely serious about bidding for the Belgian central defender, and 2) it means that Atletico has been convinced that they can get more money for the sale of Alderweireld by paying the fee than the £6.8m they’d get from Soton next summer.

Obviously, the club is hoping that this will spark a bidding war between the two English clubs for the Belgian’s services. I’m not sure if that will happen, but it will severely test Southampton’s ability to land Alderweireld. As good as they have been in the transfer market the past couple of seasons, Soton really can’t hang financially with the likes of Spurs. If they decide to draw a line in the sand over Toby, then things could get interesting. Otherwise, this puts Spurs firmly in the driver’s seat. I’d expect an opening bid of around £10m from Spurs, but it could end up higher.

I’m still a big fan of signing Toby, so this is kind of exciting news. He’s already said that he’d like to play alongside his Belgian teammate Jan Vertonghen, which is nice to hear. Hopefully this is a deal that can get wrapped up quickly as players are now starting the preseason, and so Spurs can go back to hopefully signing a top-class central midfielder.

Sourced from Royal Blue Mersey (Weblog)

Everton enter into Praet race with Aston Villa and Southampton

The Blues are being linked with a move for the 21-year-old Anderlecht midfielder.

Everton have joined Aston Villa and Southampton in the race for Anderlecht midfielder Dennis Praet, according to The Guardian.

The player is set to leave his current club this summer and is rumoured to be available for a fee of around £10million.

That has alerted the Premier League trio, with the Villains having already made an enquiry about the possibility of making an offer for the midfielder.

The 21-year-old is highly sought after by some of the leading sides in Europe according to the report, so the Blues would likely face competition from further afield than England should they try to make a move for young midfielder.

Where he would fit in in Roberto Martinez’s side would be an important question, with him already having Ross Barkley in the attacking midfield spot, as well as summer recruit Tom Cleverley.

At 21 though, he would likely be a long-term option that the club would look to develop for the future. Whether they would be willing to spend £10million on that type of player is another matter entirely, with other areas of the squad in more need of the investment.

Sourced from The Transfer Tavern

5 players to follow Schneiderlin to Manchester United this summer

Frustration isn’t the word for Manchester United fans in the Football Transfer Tavern who are growing rather impatient at the lack of concrete news regarding new arrivals to Old Trafford this summer.

The signing of Memphis Depay from PSV Eindhoven seems like an eternity ago now and our Red Devils supporters are craving news on the proposed signature of a new centre back, new striker, oh and what the devil has happened to the Morgan Schneiderlin deal.

The Southampton man appeared to be hours away from completing his Manchester United switch last week but much like Petr Cech’s deal to Arsenal, it appears this transfer will be dragged out to maximum proportions.

When the Frenchman does arrive at Old Trafford, most Manchester United fans see this as an excellent acquisition with the Saints man having now built up huge experience in the top flight.

Schneiderlin is also a player that is not a total destroyer and can play a bit too, showcased away at Manchester City last season where he sent a few Citizens midfielders on a merry dance!

But just who could be following Schneiderlin to the red side of Manchester this summer with United having been linked to more transfer targets than their fans have had hot dinners so far this transfer window.

Here’s five men that could be signing on the dotted line.

Sourced from Squawka

Report: Man Utd €7m away from agreeing Morgan Schneiderlin deal

Manchester United are €7 million away from finally reaching an agreement to sign Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, as per Tutto Mercato Web.

Goal reported earlier this week that Schneiderlin, a France international, was on the verge of signing a four-year deal with Manchester United worth £100,000-a-week, after the Red Devils had a bid accepted by Ronald Koeman’s troops.

However, that seems far from the truth with TMW suggesting that Southampton are holding out for €35 million – €7 million more than what Manchester United have offered for the 25-year-old star.

Schneiderlin made 26 appearances in the Premier League for Southampton last season, scoring four goals in the process, and has been crucial during their rise over the last few years through the footballing ladder.

His departure from the south coast this summer would be a huge blow to Koeman’s troops, but it could be a while yet before that may happen judging by the reports.

The tenacious star was in fantastic form under Koeman last season – going one better than under Mauricio Pochettino in the previous campaign – and Southampton will be keen to keep a hold of him after losing key defender Nathaniel Clyne on Wednesday to Liverpool.

Morgan Schneiderlin won more tackles (79) than any Southampton player in the league last season.

Sourced from Stretty News (Weblog)

PICTURE: Herrera ready for pre-season training with team-mates Stretty News | Manchester United Blog

The pre-season tour is just around the corner with the vast majority of players are expected to return for training on Monday.

Ander Herrera and his BFFL (best friend for life, d’uh) Juan Mata are getting into the swing of things by taking a snap with team-mates Adnan Januzaj and Antonio Valencia.

Again together, looking forward to start the new season @manchesterunited

Herrera and Mata not only appear to be best buddies but they’re also rather photogenic.

We look forward to seeing another collective of images of the pair wondering around the Northern Quarter this year, soaking up life in Manchester.

Hopefully there will be new faces added to Instagram pictures like this throughout the season. So far this summer United have just signed Memphis Depay from PSV Eindhoven but speculation is growing about our interest in Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin.

Sourced from Stretty News (Weblog)

Southampton eager to clarify future of Morgan Schneiderlin Stretty News | Manchester United Blog

According to ESPN, Southampton officials are eager to clarify the future of Morgan Schneiderlin before travelling to Austria for pre-season preparation.

Schneiderlin, 25, is a well known target of Manchester United are talks are ongoing about getting a deal done between both Premier League sides.

Arsenal were also believed to have shown interest in the France international, although a Mirror report earlier this week suggested the Gunners are no longer in the race for his signature.

A bid has already been rejected by Southampton but United are currently negotiating a Champions League clause that the Saints are demanding. Further details are unclear at the moment.

Premier League experience will not be an issue for Schneiderlin with the coming season likely to be his seventh year in England. The French midfielder would be a perfect addition to United’s squad and the player himself appears ready to make a jump to competing in the Champions League.

Louis van Gaal also needs security in a holding role to avoid being over reliant on Michael Carrick after a season his absence proved real struggle for the Old Trafford outlet.

Sourced from Mirror.co.uk

Tottenham given huge boost in pursuit of Atletico defender Toby Alderweireld

Tottenham have received a boost to their hopes of pipping Southampton to Toby Alderweireld.

Atletico are understood to have cancelled the agreement they had to sell Alderweireld to Southampton for a set fee.

The Spaniards are now preparing to do business with whichever club stumps up the most money.

And Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is determined to come out on top and outbid Southampton to land the versatile defender.

Southampton struck a deal with Atletico to buy Alderweireld, 26, for around £6.8m when they took him on loan last summer.

Atletico also had an option on their side to cancel that agreement by paying Southampton £1.5m if they wanted to sell him for more.

Competition: Spurs’ chairman Daniel Levy is determined to get his man

The Spaniards have now taken that up, setting up the scrap for the Belgian’s services between Southampton and Spurs.

Both sides have held talks with Atletico, who have lined up Anderlecht’s Chancel Mbemba as Alderweireld’s replacement.

Now they have an auction, Atleico hope Alderweireld’s final price will be driven up to at least £11m.

Alderweireld is understood to be open to a move to either club.

He enjoyed a successful year on loan at St Mary’s but is also tempted by the prospect of teaming up with his Belgium teammates including Jan Vertonghen at White Hart Lane.

Sourced from Vital Football - Watford

Watford Football Club. Website for fans of The Hornets.

Finally, Watford fans can now start booking up some home and away games up until the end of September as the Sky fixtures for the first two months of the season are released…

Sourced from Southampton FC - Official Site

SOUTHAMPTON FC | Saints fans snap up 2015/16 home kit

Youngster Lloyd Hayward was the first through the doors at St Mary’s with his dad this morning to get his kit, and you too can pick yours up this weekend.

Full operation hours for this weekend are as follows:

The home shirt is available in short-sleeved only, in the following sizes:

The shirt retails at £50 for adults and £40 for juniors. Mini kits (shirts and shorts) are priced at £40.

Shorts are priced £25 and £22 for adults and youths respectively, with socks £10 in all sizes.

Shirt printing and official Barclays Premier League badges is also available at the Megastore only. Please note that, with squad numbers for the 2015/16 season yet to be confirmed, personalised kits are exempt from our refunds policy.

There’s also some good news for supporters located away from Southampton as, for the first time, select branches** of JD Sports – including at Gatwick Airport and on London’s Oxford Street – are stocking Saints’ home kit.

Sourced from soccersweep (Weblog)

Not Alderweireld: Tottenham to move for a genuinely top signing in smart piece of business – report | soccersweep

Tottenham have been linked with many players already this summer as they look to strengthen their spine. We think that, in particular, they could use another centre back and a forceful anchor man.

Toby Alderweireld would be a great addition to the defence. And while we think that Nabil Bentaleb is an excellent player Tottenham could use more depth in the defensive midfield. They will struggle to sign a better player this summer than the one being linked in recent news.

Tottenham to swoop for James McCarthy with midfielder frustrated at Everton… and Aaron Lennon could be included in a deal

They might still struggle to snare a player who has been excellent for Everton. But, if Tottenham can dangle the Aaron Lennon carrot as part of the deal it would be a great swap.

Because Tottenham have lacked personality and drive at times in the engine room. McCarthy is an excellent all-rounder with good experience in The Premier League already. Still only 24, he hasn’t reached his peak but he’s a consistent passer and hard worker who could get a game at most teams in The Premier League.

Let’s take a look at him in action. Tottenham fans: an great potential addition?

Sourced from Sky Sports

Gary Neville backs Chelsea as the team to beat ahead of the new Premier League season

Gary Neville backs Chelsea as the team to beat ahead of the new Premier League season

Gary Neville believes that Premier League champions Chelsea have to be seen as the team to beat ahead of the new season.

However, the Sky Sports pundit and former Manchester United defender insisted that with still just over a month until the season starts and plenty of transfer business yet to take place, it is difficult to confidently make any definitive predictions.

“We’re in July when teams haven’t completed their business yet; that’s something I think you’ve got to be very careful about at this stage,” he told Sky Sports News HQ.

“But as I stand here today now, I think it would be very difficult to look to past Chelsea.

“However, who knows what is going to happen in the next month in terms of signings and how those signings will then come in and adapt.”

Chelsea begin their season at home to Garry Monk’s Swansea, a game that you can see live on Saturday Night Football. The following day Arsenal host West Ham and Liverpool travel to Stoke on Super Sunday before West Brom and Manchester City clash at The Hawthorns on Monday Night Football.

Neville is confident that there will be plenty of new faces on show as Premier League clubs look to get their transfer business done in time for the start of the season.

“Things can always happen and you could look at a team in a month’s time and think ‘they’re going to take some stopping with the people they’ve signed’, we haven’t seen the transfer market flush itself out yet,” he added.

“But certainly now, without the business having been done, you aren’t as informed as you’d like to be, but Chelsea would be the team to beat and I think everyone would say that.”

Sourced from Sky Sports

Manchester United are in a good position going into the Premier League season, says Gary Neville

Manchester United are in a good position going into the Premier League season, says Gary Neville

Manchester United are in a much better position to make a good start to the season than they were last year, according to Gary Neville.

With Louis van Gaal and his players having spent a year together, Neville feels his former club have everything in place to hit the ground running in 2015/16.

Last season, United won just one of their first five games as the players took time to get used to Van Gaal’s methods but now they have no such excuses says Neville.

“Louis van Gaal has had a year at the club now, he’s settled in, the players know him a lot more,” said the Sky Sports pundit.

“I suppose there is a risk if they bring in five or six new players about how they would adapt to it but we’ve yet to see that.

“The players that are there will adapt a lot easier this season, they’ve had a year with him, he’s had a year with them and it should be a more comfortable position to start from.”

United face both Tottenham and Liverpool at Old Trafford in the first few weeks of the season with all three sides having the opportunity to make an early statement of intent.

“In terms of Liverpool, you’re always expecting that to be a great game,” added Neville. “But there are two ways of looking at it, you can set a marker down for how you are going to perform in the big matches and you can gain a great deal of confidence.

“So it is easy to look at it with a glass half full but I think Tottenham, Liverpool and United will be looking at those games and thinking to themselves ‘lads, this is a great way to announce ourselves and give ourselves confidence to push on.’”