🍻🍷 The Map of 🇲🇷 Booze thread whatever the title says (or is changed to when moderately intoxicated)

https://twitter.com/spexyone/status/1003194927738695680

2 Likes

Starting off this evening with a Lady Liberty (like a cross between a Cosmopolitan and a French 75) :lou_is_a_flirt:

1 Like

And I get shit for wearing blouses?!?

3 Likes

Anything with 3 shots and champagne as a mixer gets my vote. I’ll even wear Laura Ashley after a couple of those.

1 Like

You know you’re not allowed to wear her dead skin anymore, Goat.

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

2 Likes

I am extremely pickled on a Saturday night. Went to the local at 3 o clock this afternoon to watch a crown green bowls match between Ulster policemen, over from the weekend versus the local scallies. The scallies won i’m glad to say. I spent a couple of hours chatting to an Ulster bizzie who is retiring in October after 25 years in the RUC. On the surface a decent guy, but after some probing he exposed himself as a bigot. Tried telling me that only Catholics in NI were terrorists, when i pointed out that Martin McGuiness and Ian Paisley ended up as best friends he was a bit stumped. Refused to accept that there were Loyalist terrorists, when i raised the question of the Milltown terrorist attack by Michael Stone he got very nervous, fucking hilarious. My mates were freaking out to be honest, but fuck it, i am too old to be intimidated by these cunts and when you get the chance to meet the cunts face to face you have to seize the chance, have a go. To be honest i destroyed him, he was really struggling but we ended up shaking hands and wishing each other well. But it was quite sobering to think that this guy, on the surface a nice person, a detective in the RUC, didn’t really try to hide his contempt for catholics, just imagine when he was on duty and had to arrest one. He made it quite clear to me that he was a Loyalist, he actually asked me if i was a catholic, which i am not. But, fuck me, why should that matter? But from where he was coming from it was a huge deal. Without fear or favour? I don’t think so. I like to think i did my bit tonight, fuck bigots, which ever form they take.

7 Likes

You’re the second person to quote that (to me) in 2 days, spooky!!

Political stance in the bowls club?

You’ll be banned by Monday.

The more honest you become, the more alienated you also become.

2 Likes

This is why I like Fatso :laughing:

For calling out old incontinent farts?

They won’t be banning me. The conversation between me and the RUC detective guy was in the public bar. He was a bit pissed and very mouthy to start with. Even his mates in the bowls team were giving him a wide berth. I was the epitome of politeness, until the 6th pint went down, then i took him on. he clearly wasn’t used to that happening. The landlord was listening intently, when he caught my eye he was winking and shaking his head. He is a Catholic of Irish stock, clearly torn between doing his duty as ‘mine host’ and looking after the Irish guests, and looking after his locals, ie me and my mates who are his bread and butter. To be fair the RUC guys mates were laughing and winding him up, especially when i made the point about Paisley and McGuiness. When i went to the bog one of them came in and was laughing, told me i was a bit of a rascal which i took as a compliment to be fair. It was all good fun but i argued my corner. Can’t stand bigots. I did get the impression that the CID guy wasn’t the most popular among his colleagues, let’s be honest it can’t be easy if you are basically a decent copper, trying to do your job in a place like NI with all the history, trying to put it all behind you and start with a clean slate, when you have someone from the old school, wearing his prejudices on his sleeve, it must make life very difficult for the next generation of coppers coming through. I didn’t ask him what rank he was but after 25 years he was probably senior to the young ones coming through who have to deal with the fallout from his outdated and bigotted mindset. But as i said he is retiring in October so hopefully he is a dying breed.

2 Likes

Help!

Need another football themed karaoke song for tonight.

I’ve got New Order & Lightning Seeds booked sneaked in Flock of Seagulls - Iran.

Need one more.

There is free beer involved

This one will get them all joining in…

1 Like

Thanks Lot so.

Probably not. I had to make a call so went with Benny Hill & Ernie with the accent.

IT FUCKING BLEW THE ROOF OFF

no free beer though. Free Bullfrogs instead

Bollox

2 Likes

Is that West Derby bowls club, @nottarf-krap ? I am thinking of joining. I’m thinking it may need some rock n roll edge, some fresh blood. Am I too young at 43? :smiley:

Vindaloo

My kids are insisting on staying up to watch the match, which is curtailing my alcohol consumption.

”Daaaaad, it’s Friday”

”Daaaaad, Cedric is playing”

:lou_eyes_to_sky:

2 Likes

First job was in a bowling club. So your are fine at 43. After all some of our age are grandparents.

Oh a g&t and a bloody large rosè and I may have to go to bed already (mainly to avoid the football stuff).

3 Likes

It is at the Crown Inn on Leyfield Road, a lovely bowling green at the rear of the pub, a real sun trap on a nice day. It is a very chilled way to spend a saturday afternoon, cheering on the locals, more than a few of whom have a few pints under their belts. They play in the local league, do okay, but don’t take it too seriously. The match against the Ulster bizzies is an annual thing, an excuse for the Orangemen to have weekend in Liverpool away from their wives, enjoying Scouse hospitality. Was a good afternoon out, the icing on the cake was me winning a bottle of Moet in the raffle. Which i shall be consuming on Sunday along with my son and daughter in Pembrokeshire where i am visiting for the weekend. If you are in Liverpool any weekend and fancy a few ales on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon you could do a lot worse than the Crown. For Soap Opera aficionados the Crown Inn was the local pub in Brookside, the Scouse equivalent of The Rovers Return. Don’t think it was called The Crown in the soap but it was filmed there. Would be nice to see you there and get aquainted.

2 Likes