šŸ»šŸ· The Map of šŸ‡²šŸ‡· Booze thread whatever the title says (or is changed to when moderately intoxicated)

Thatā€™s what I callā€¦EDGY. :lou_lol:

1 Like

Got a day on the sauce in London tomorrow. Unfortunately as part of the ā€œpassā€ i have to drive the Duchess and youngest up to her Parents house is Sussex before catching the train to London Bridge where Iā€™ll be meeting up with a bunch of old college mates, a lot of whom are of Irish descent, which will be fun for the rugby.

I hope it ends better than the last time I went to town from the in laws, which co-incidentally, involved meeting the same group of lads as Iā€™m seeing tomorrow. Come home time, I was wankered trying to navigate through London Bridge station but managed to buy a slice of pizza and a can of coke for the journey. I dropped the coke but forgot and opened it up on the train where i sprayed me and an old girl next to me who was all dressed up for a night out in Brighton. Poor thing. When I got off the train, i fell down the steps at the station and spewed up in a planter. No fucker in the cab rank would take me home so I had to use shanksā€™s pony to get far enough away from a station before i could get a cab back to the In Laws. Trouble is it was only 9pm (been on it all day). Needless to say I was a right state and a total embarrassment. Canā€™t see it changing tomorrow to be honest.

10 Likes

An example to us all Numptyboi. Sheer class!

4 Likes

He did last longer than @saintbletch would haveā€¦

4 Likes

I think the plan is a pre beer beer, then my bro should arrive with The Beer, drink that then the pub, then curry and beer, then pub, then home and beer, then the porcelain and all the beer again. Collapse. Awake. Wish I was dead. See the Ayatollah scowling, really wish I was dead.

4 Likes

I reckon there will be a few spirits involved at some stage.
Enjoy the morning :joy:
Not sure why iā€™m laughing. On the wine already, the rum has turned up(iā€™ll be trying at least two tonight) and i am working tomorrow. Last laugh will be yours, i fear :scream:

2 Likes

Mrs C_S is out on a work ā€œleaving doā€

Me and Young Adult #2 are getting a curry and hogging the big tv for a change.

Fridge is full of beer and wine.

:+1:

2 Likes

Heā€™s an inspiration isnā€™t heā€¦

2 Likes

Well I am fortunate enough to be enjoying a decent glass of wineā€¦

Fuck Brexit
Fuck right wing extremists killing Muslims
Fuck food banks and austerity

Just get pissed enough and go donate stupidly to comic relief ā€¦ itā€™s a drop in the fucking ocean but as with dropping a four pack of beans in the food bank at Tescoā€™s in the weekly shop it makes a difference for a few folks for a momentā€¦

I am a bit pickled and have gone a bit mad with the text donations ā€¦

4 Likes

I always give to charity and always have, I donā€™t give too much to comic relief as I give to local charities and am a total and utter sucker for animal welfare ones, canā€™t stop.

1 Like

Oh and by the wayā€¦

Cunts

Quality

It was the young suicides and mental health bits that had a 49 year old pushing back the tears. Being a father of a 14 year old, the thought of teenage suicide is just to distressing to contemplateā€¦ the fact we have insufficient mental health care supportā€¦and it needs charitable help is fucking disgusting ā€¦ 10 years of austeristy is not an excuse - we failed these folks beforeā€¦ and itā€™s why I will ALWAYS put practicak realities before political idealismā€¦

2 Likes

I canā€™t watch it, Britains shame, our shame.

1 Like

Iā€™m well on the way with this.
AC_SY400 Ā£28 a bottle ffs. How good is that?
Going on the honey one on a minute.
For anyone feeling guilty, could i suggest, stop falling for the visual guilt trip and campaign/vote for a fair system. As in, if you took a tax drop, while the most needy suffered to pay for it,. You are the problem and your pathetic little charitable contribution is an affront to the people you claim to care about.
Pay your fucking taxes like everyone else and stop making false excuses to vote otherwise. If you donā€™t youā€™ll end up here.
images(17)

Where did you buy the Cubaney 18 sos?

I pay my fucking taxesā€¦whilst charity is something that in a just and egalitarian society should not be necessary, itā€™s one of the small ways we can make a pragmatic difference to a few people ā€¦ we canā€™t change big societal problems but we can make a difference to a few individualsā€¦ that ainā€™t falling for emotionally charged film or guilt inducing video, itā€™s just responding to a reminder that a few quid wonā€™t chane the world but it might help 1 personā€¦

1 Like

Ponto Brasil, same as the the Cartavio. They have a few others that i that want, but, tick tock.

I never doubted you did, or claimed so. I claimed anyone that voted for and took a tax break has blood on their hands*(that might not sit well for some, but that wonderful thing called simple arithmetic proves it without doubt).
Charity as you are being fed it, is as much of as lie as the caring philanthropist. Itā€™s all make yourself feel better(while you give up nothing meaningful) whilst making out of others suffering(whilst constantly trying to distance yourself from the truth by paying a pittance(guilt?)).
Itā€™s a real simple formula to run a fair society. Why has that been so hard to grasp over the last 40 years or so(if not greed)?
Anyway, isnā€™t this the thread where i should announce that iā€™ve just started on the Ron miel i was so look forward to. Itā€™s shit, starts lovely, but leaves a distinct bitter taste, which ruins everything.
Thereā€™s an anology in there somewhere(probably(maybe)).

*per-pupil spending down by 8% (20% on over-16s according to BBC News last week)
1189 Sure Start centres closed
760 youth clubs closed
teens stabbed up by 93%
front-line police numbers down by 21000
NHS A&E crisis at a 14-year high
NHS patient satisfaction at an 11-year low of 53%
rough sleeping up by an astonishing 163%
Foodbank usage up to a shaming 1.3m
a horrific 4.1 million children in poverty
2,620 deaths of rough sleepers
two out of three children in poverty in working households ā€“ the idea that work is a route out of poverty is a lie for millions
100 NHS walk-in centres closed
600 police stations closed
675 libraries closed
760 youth centres closed
470 schools closed
50 fire stations closed
433 HMRC tax offices closed
100 Job Centres closed

1 Like

The problem is that whilst all what you say is trueā€¦ itā€™s aknowledged tthat charity does not SOLVE the problem, but itā€™s does help a few affected by it. Itā€™s not much, itā€™s not a solution, but people are fucked over whilst we wait for bigger solutionsā€¦ so if what we donate helps just 1 person, how is that not worth while?

1 Like