šŸ»šŸ· The Map of šŸ‡²šŸ‡· Booze thread whatever the title says (or is changed to when moderately intoxicated)

I remember studying lots of religions in school but when I hear a colleague say she was off for Eid I was like ā€˜again?ā€™. Must learn more.

Ramadan is a month of fasting. It ends with little Eid. A two day feast of thanks if you like.
45 days later we have big Eid. (Although 45 days means maybe 46 or 44 orā€¦ because the festivalā€™s are dictated by the lunar calendarā€¦)
Big Eid is a celebration of the Haj, or pilgrimage that every Muslim should make to Mecca.
Yes you should read a bit more, unless you are a staunch Remainer, both are critical pillars of the faith of a large percentage of the planet. Equally, CNN covers Haj in great detail and explain it very well.
Equally everyone should learn more about Buddha and his toothā€¦
Diwaliā€¦
etc etc
Not to be an expert, but to at least understand the significance to people they may deal with at work or in social situations

2 Likes

Absolutely agree in needing to know more as I work with people from all over the world. Just hard to retain it all at times.

Detail is not needed. Only understanding.
I donā€™t need the detail of a Saints Training Session on Facebook to Understand we do sod all at training every day :lou_eyes_to_sky:

You lost me on football talk.

1 Like

:rofl:

Sorry Iā€™m late.
I was slightly pickled on Friday night, most of Saturday, Saturday night and a good proportion of Sunday.
I am now on my 3rd gin and tonic as part of my recovery.

2 Likes

One of my personal highlights from Beautiful Days:

Me.

Dancing Man.

Cunts.

3 Likes

Pissed at 6:30pm?

:lou_facepalm_2:

Yeah, but I started at 6:29pm.

7 Likes

Fifth week of the new job. Late finish tonight to get something into production outside of hours. Love my new team. I have a ā€œwork daughterā€. She is the same age as my eldest and I am training her in Jedi Coding. Love all the peeps on my team, actually. Weā€™ve all been charged with delivering something in our bossā€™ absence; weā€™re well ahead, and ready to go.

I will be having a celebratory tipple tonight.

4 Likes

London Road wank bar or some such. Now the Car on Carlton placr or some such.Itā€™s the gayest pub Iā€™ve been into for a while and not just since I walked in. Good eclectic crowd.

Wagon Works eastleigh.cunts.

The station it didnā€™t have to come wthis. Cunts.

I mean, you donā€™t have to tell meā€¦

Cunt!

Please listen to Adrian Chiles, @saintbletch

3 Likes

How the fuck did he manage to be on the piss from 6:29 until after 1am?

Whose turn was it to be minder tonight?!

:lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

Way I read it, our ā€˜interestingly-shirted-cavalierā€™ seems to spend most nights cruising London Gay Bars, and when this yield little return for his efforts, returns home as the pissed up old tartā€¦ there is a melancholy to this tale, a cause for weeping ā€¦ oh the inhumanity!

6 Likes